UCL 2014-15 thread

adi B

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2015/statistics/round=2000548/players/kind=distribution/index.html Passing statistics so far... I was bit surprised to see only 1 Barca player there. Saw second half vs PSG but these stats anyways suggest they are playing alot more direct this year. Will be better this way with guys like Neymar, Suarez, Messi upfront. Bayern as expected a Guardiola side dominating pass statistics. Excellent numbers for Kroos and Modric too. They control the game well together. Xabi Alonso doing Kroos job at Bayern and Kroos doing Xabi Alonso's job at Real :cantstop:

Guest PrancingHorse
Barca playing who?
El Clasico, La Liga .. I meant that Real got back on track in uefa after a average start in la liga, they will give another tough challenge to barca, but well suarez's inclusion will strengthen the team .. so it's going to be a cracker of a match /

El Clasico' date=' La Liga .. I meant that Real got back on track in uefa after a average start in la liga, they will give another tough challenge to barca, but well suarez's inclusion will strengthen the team .. so it's going to be a cracker of a match /[/quote'] Clasico gonna be a cracker. Suarez Messi Neymar:cheer:

He is leaving in January
:(( yeah he is getting max 15 minutes to play (and zero in most of the matches) with many players injured then don't think he is going to get even those with fully fit team :sad: if he is being wasted like this then definitely he should move to another club :two_thumbs_up: hope he scores more for Arsenal in forthcoming matches in whatever limited time he gets :dance:

following UCL for the first time. have seen few matches of teams from other leagues and I am feeling that teams like Bayern, Dortmund and Real are better and faster than ELP teams :agree: haven't seen match of Barcelona yet, not even of La Liga. that's why eagerly waiting for El Clasico. it will be fun watching 2 best teams fighting with each other :dance: Suarez :cheer:

following UCL for the first time. have seen few matches of teams from other leagues and I am feeling that teams like Bayern, Dortmund and Real are better and faster than ELP teams :agree: haven't seen match of Barcelona yet, not even of La Liga. that's why eagerly waiting for El Clasico. it will be fun watching 2 best teams fighting with each other :dance: Suarez :cheer:
style is different they pass and real just has some very quick players like ronaldo and bale still think chelsea has decent chance and against athletico as they already beat real madrid

style is different they pass and real just has some very quick players like ronaldo and bale still think chelsea has decent chance and against athletico as they already beat real madrid
Saw an extended highlights of Barca vs Ajax and Barca movement isn't same as it was under Guardiola. Their build up was alot more direct and not same as more patient style under Guardiola. UCL passing stats also back this up. I think it is a brilliant change cause more direct play will bring the best out of Suarez and already has out of Neymar. :popcorn:

Saw an extended highlights of Barca vs Ajax and Barca movement isn't same as it was under Guardiola. Their build up was alot more direct and not same as more patient style under Guardiola. UCL passing stats also back this up. I think it is a brilliant change cause more direct play will bring the best out of Suarez and already has out of Neymar. :popcorn:
something is missing man ...i know thye are plying more direct but they do not create narly enough chances and flow is not there..most goals are because of individual brilliance . how is barca midfield compared to real madrid ? they seem to be lot more attacking no ?

something is missing man ...i know thye are plying more direct but they do not create narly enough chances and flow is not there..most goals are because of individual brilliance . how is barca midfield compared to real madrid ? they seem to be lot more attacking no ?
Modric and Kroos control the game, dictate tempo. Excellend modfielders, excellent distribution and control. They both shoot well from long range too. Many teams have one player like this but Real have 2. Isco playing recently is more like Mata when he was doing well. Running at the opposition more and Isco has been very good past few games. Khedira when he plays is a more defensive player though Kroos also covers alot of distance each game and can do defensive work too. I dunno about Barca midfield this year. Lets see how they do in Classico probably gonna watch it but skip Man U vs Chelsea cause we all already know result when teams come to Old Trafford.

Modric and Kroos control the game, dictate tempo. Excellend modfielders, excellent distribution and control. They both shoot well from long range too. Many teams have one player like this but Real have 2. Isco playing recently is more like Mata when he was doing well. Running at the opposition more and Isco has been very good past few games. Khedira when he plays is a more defensive player though Kroos also covers alot of distance each game and can do defensive work too. I dunno about Barca midfield this year. Lets see how they do in Classico probably gonna watch it but skip Man U vs Chelsea cause we all already know result when teams come to Old Trafford.
every big team beats united in old trafford :cantstop: even everton should have won but de gea was in beast mode :hail: you said xavi got old how is iniesta compared to kroos and other real mid fielders? i saw spain games and he seems to be very good :nervous:

every big team beats united in old trafford :cantstop: even everton should have won but de gea was in beast mode :hail: you said xavi got old how is iniesta compared to kroos and other real mid fielders? i saw spain games and he seems to be very good :nervous:
Iniesta is different to Kroos. Iniesta will do lesser work defensively. Pass distribution and creativity wise both are fantastic. Kroos long shots have more power but Iniesta when he tries them is also effective from distance. What Iniesta has and Kroos does not is the bursts through the middle. Like the one vs Ajax this week. Iniesta often plays in wider positions too cause of these abilities. Kroos is always central and generally a bit deeper than Iniesta would be for Barca. And to first point every team is intimidated when they step on to Old Trafford. Would have watched but such a predictable result is not worth it with exams coming up!