UCL 2014-15 thread

adi B

Since, I've started watching football, it was the best team Barca ever had.. that was a dream run and in that 2009-2011 period they won 2 champions league .. once in 2009 and again in 2011.. 2011's team was better than their 2009 team IMO And the current team is really good , with 3 top class strikers.
they could have won in 2012 too..that is what i am saying that chelsea even stopped that team so its not impossible current team looks solid but psg showed their problems and beat them without ibra!

they could have won in 2012 too..that is what i am saying that chelsea even stopped that team so its not impossible current team looks solid but psg showed their problems and beat them without ibra!
Yeah they were still good in 2012. Prime years of Barca/Spain and both teams had one thing in common out of 3 midfielders 1 was defensive 2 others were Xavi and Iniesta dominating teams. Especially Xavi took control of games. In 2008 semi final they dominated Man Utd and I was so scared watching that game like they were outside the box whole game Messi and co somehow they did not score somehow and we got fluke goal and went on to win UCL. Spain won Euro 2008 with Xavi player of tournament. Then Guardiola came and took tiki taka to new levels. This period they dominated every team they played 65% possession minimum against any team really. Messi was scoring so many, Barcelona were creating so many it was ridiculous how they made big teams look not so big. Today you know Bayern vs Real is close back then Barca vs other big team was like Chelsea vs Man utd today u know both r big but also know 1 is clearly better than other. They dominated all teams, dominated United in final with Xavi Man of the match. In final they passed in very narrow spaces. 2010 Barca thrashed Real 5-0 and was so dominant which is why Mourinho barely beating them in a nail biter and then rubbing it in with that celebration which pissed Valdes off legendary. Mourinho proved how great he was with that win. Spain went on to dominate all teams in World Cup. Won it. Once again Xavi and Iniesta the common factors and stars. 2011 Barca dominated. Same old story. Won Champions league. 2012 Messi scored 91 goals (yes not a typo). Barca stopped but then Spain went on to win Euro 2012, Xavi once again excellent in that final 4-0 win over Italy. 2013 was the decline of Xavi. Barca thrashed 3-0 and 4-0 by Bayern in semi-final.

Mourinho after legendary win over team that seemed unbeatable. But Inter scraped through [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC7Rxy0G4U8]Mourinho Epic Celebration - Barcelona Vs Inter (28.04.2010) - YouTube[/ame] Barca turned on sprinklers cause of the butthurt. But Inter celebrated in them anyway. :D Mourinho was a translator at Barca until Van Gaal made him assistant coach.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tettGpF4fBY]Xavi Hernández - World Cup 2010 - YouTube[/ame] And this so good to watch him, anything he did his first touch turn and finnesse pass. Midgets always look so good with their low center of grav :D He is so tightly marked and pressed hard everytime he gets ball still control and awareness as you can see is amazing. Aesthetically the best center mid you will see.

one of the greatest ?many of my friends say they were greatest team of all time (maybe not that year but same people )
One of greatest, yes but not THE greatest.
lets have fun and not fight :two_thumbs_up: i am just following this for fun and i hope you do not take any of my comment wrongly like in ipl section few years ago..
And you interpret wrongly that I took some comment wrongly. :P

Athletico won away very easily :nice: they have already replaced almost everyone they sold and core of team is older this year and stronger
Not stronger you can't replace Courtois but the French player Griezmann and then Mandzukic are pretty good buys to replace Costa. Anyways couldn't see any game today. Can't for a little bit but still when media hypes up a record players always struggle :rofl: Stats show 10 shots from Ronaldo still no goal. Messi last 2 weeks nearing La Liga record and also UCL record Ronaldo in trying to get and no goals for him either in like 3 games. And then there is ofcourse SRT example with 100th 100 :rofl:

Not stronger you can't replace Courtois but the French player Griezmann and then Mandzukic are pretty good buys to replace Costa. Anyways couldn't see any game today. Can't for a little bit but still when media hypes up a record players always struggle :rofl: Stats show 10 shots from Ronaldo still no goal. Messi last 2 weeks nearing La Liga record and also UCL record Ronaldo in trying to get and no goals for him either in like 3 games. And then there is ofcourse SRT example with 100th 100 :rofl:
Athletico coach himself said earlier they had one attacking option and it was Costa now other players have stepped up and they have 3 options at a time ..that's what I meant by stronger .. Their team is set in way that they will beat big teams or get draw so I think they will go deep in champions league :two_thumbs_up: Real Madrid had ok game varane did well but honestly they just wanted to get points and be done with it and liver pool made this match farce by benching half the team at start :cantstop: And again about athletico I think players like Koke and many others who were core of team are also growing so they seem to be in good shape ...are they selling their cb? Maybe we should get him to replace terry :dance:

also to me ronaldo scores goals way too easily but in last few games he has not looked good ..I said this in Classico too that he actually did not do that well specially while passing the ball and James actually saved one of his miss pass maybe record playing on his mind ?