Tennis - ATP/WTA Tour - 2015

bones

I remember when you spent ages arguing with Mugholunto and I ended up having to ignore you because you just kept copy pasting entire posts and always wanting the final world.
Oh I remember that very well. Both of you were arguing how Nadal must be doping without a shred of evidence. :haha: The other one did not even know whether he had a surgery or not, he was just arguing for the sake of it and you were just tagging along like a faithful accomplice.
SLAMS ARE ALL THAT MATTER.
No sh!t Sherlock!

Novak will skip Madrid. Good choice, seems like Boris Becker is smarter than we thought. No effect on his ranking/points as he didn't play last year and enough time to rest for RG. He's got Rome as well to gather some form.

Novak has a virtually unassailable lead in the #1 ranking this year. He has a 5500 point lead over Federer at #2 and he only defends 4600 points after wimbledon. IMO Novak should just focus on the slams this year because whether he defends an ATP masters or not is not going to impact his ranking, particularly since everyone but Nadal has tons of points to defend in the second half of the season.

Nadal in Madrid Open final. :woot: Had not expected that. Defeated two top 10 players on his way to final. Dimitrov and Berdych. Hope he comes on top against Murray. Djokovic might not have made a good decision of skipping Madrid.

Djokovic might not have made a good decision of skipping Madrid.
Too many Nadal fans are saying this. The argument they make is Nadal will win the title and gain momentum and that will carry him through RG. Well last year and the year before Novak beat Nadal on clay and won titles that dented Nadal's confidence you thought but Nadal still won RG. So my message to you and other Nadal fans is worry about your own player. Djokovic didn't play Madrid knowing full well Nadal might win, but that's not his concern. The concern for him is that he himself needs to be in optimum condition for RG and control his own game.

The way Nadal played against Berdych yesterday, no living soul can stop him from another RG title if he can continue that. However, lately his main problem has been consistency. He plays well one day and the next he loses to the likes of Fognini. Today's final would be interesting, can he sustain the level he showed yesterday?

And just as I speculated Nadal that lost to Fognini returned. What a turnaround from a day before. Out of top 5 first time in more than a decade.
Have some respect for the opponent please. Murray came out the blocks with great intensity. He was hitting and still is hitting harder. Murray is returning much better and forcing a lot of those errors. Whilst in this match up it's often on Nadal's racquet, today Murray has done a lot really well.

Have some respect for the opponent please. Murray came out the blocks with great intensity. He was hitting and still is hitting harder. Murray is returning much better and forcing a lot of those errors. Whilst in this match up it's often on Nadal's racquet, today Murray has done a lot really well.
Murray played a decent match, he did not even have to redline his game. Nadal did the rest himself.

For some reason that word always reminds me of 6-3 6-1 6-0.
Well the scoreline you've written isn't a thrashing, it's getting absolutely smashed to pieces. Losing 3 and 2 in tennis is getting beaten easily. Nadal got beaten easily. I think if he took a set or if it went to TB and one set to 5 you might argue a close contest. But forget that for a moment. We all have learnt our lesson. It means nothing, until he's beaten at RG we have to keep our feet grounded.

For some reason that word always reminds me of 6-3 6-1 6-0.
That was the day I realized the greatness of Nadal. Till then I was a Federer bhakt, hated Nadal and always had tiffs with Nadal fans. That day changed my view completely, never have I seen a great player look as much out of depth and helpless as that day when Nadal steamrolled past the Swiss as though he was some ball boy. Their H2H in general and that match in particular is the biggest thorn as far as Federer's claim as GOAT is concerned !!!

That was the day I realized the greatness of Nadal. Till then I was a Federer bhakt' date=' hated Nadal and always had tiffs with Nadal fans. That day changed my view completely, never have I seen a great player look as much out of depth and helpless as that day when Nadal steamrolled past the Swiss as though he was some ball boy. Their H2H in general and that match in particular is the biggest thorn as far as Federer's claim as GOAT is concerned !!![/quote'] You know the beautiful thing about H2Hs, they come around to bite you in the backside. Let's see what the Novak-Rafa H2H ends up as. I have a feeling it'll get to a point where the Rafa fans will be squirming because if Nadal is great then Fed due to the H2H, then surely someone else who has a better H2H vs is therefore greater than Nadal? H2H means shitm, it really does. Only slam numbers count.

Djoko-Nadal is 20-23 and 3-9 in majors. Will never ever turn out to be as disastrous as 10-23 with 2-9 in majors. Majors are important, yeah but H2H also is important, especially when it is so skewed in one person's favor. If Federer-Nadal were 15-18 or 14-19 nobody would have made a hue and cry about it, it is just that the margin is so huge and in majors Nadal has owned Federer so badly.