Football Summer Transfer Season 2015/16

Sachin=GOD

Bayern in first few games of 13/14 under Pep 2mdqla8.jpg Schweini played either CM or like this as DM during season after this. Later in the season Lahm moved to DM for game against Real. Lahm in midfield 3 vs united with Schweini in center of 4-5-1 in 1st leg. Rafinha to RB. Has been 1st choice DM for Germany in the past as above. As I said, very versatile but his attacking and creating strengths best used slightly higher up. Under Heynkes he played CM. Usually 4-2-3-1. But remember Matic is also CM, Xabi was also CM when Real played this formation instead of 4-3-3. You know what Matic role is. Their role involves winning ball or did in their respective teams. Xabi and Schweini were equally good at distribution. Matic is ace of defending, prime Schweini, Xabi were kings of defending and ace of passing. Schweini not playing there in 14/15 does not mean he cannot, being versatile means he can play there or in CM. In CM his attacking and creating abilities are used more. I could post formations of Lahm in CM or DM last season and claim he can't be RB. But in reality he can do great in both. Going back to your posts on my opinion of Kroos. I did not say anything about his defensive skills initially. I always said he was excellent passer, long shooter and one of the stars of that season before Real. I also said he was defending really well too and covering lots of ground per game which he was. By defending really well too it was once he had joined Real and contributed nicely defensively in central midfield initially in the couple of games I watched. I was impressed by him from defensive point of view also ie and he later had poor games I suppose playing as a DM rather than CM. So there's the difference, rating someone as good in defense vs being impressed by how they are doing defensively recently. Did I ever say Kroos is >Khedira, Matic, Busquets, Mascha defensively? No. I never said he was a defensive midfielder either but a CM. Im getting the impression you think I did not know difference, but I do probably since 10 years ago and told you earlier when you started. Said he was a deep lying playmaker for Real, would stay deeper than Modric not someone who should be used as DM. He is still among the best ball distributors in the world. Passing statistics are among the best for anyone in his position. I rated him as the best CM in the world, and based off his performances in 13/14 and WC, he was among the top 5 at least.
see first of all problem here is i never said he cannot defend i said he will not do well with carrick playing right infront of defence and i am not doubting that he is capable of playing in that position but i said from start it wont be ideal position . now you gave me this example when i already told you i did not see football back then and i am only judging based on past season and some big games in earlier season and said from start this is what i think of him today . now last thing...i will never use guardiola team as example about midfielders as that guy has different style and his teams dominate at every level of field every inch that is his philosophy a midfielder in guadiola team can bad bad at defending part but if he is good at pressing and getting ball he will work and for him passing is of most importance and that is reason he choose thiago over any midfielder bayern has and put javi martinez in defence ...it can work in specific systems but i was talking about united team and tbh with schneiderlin it will work like germany in world cup and its ideal situation and that is what i wanted united to do . also i never said you rated kroos as defensive midfielder but you did say he is good at defending and you literally said he is best midfielder in world and him and modric are best midfield partnership in world but in reality that did not happen because while he is pretty good at covering and good all round midfielder when left in pivot it was not ideal and he was at his most effective when distributing ball in middle and similarly schwenstieger from what i saw with bayern was not comfortable playing with xabi in that position so i wanted to forget about passing and get lesser passer than carrick but some one more reliable which will give schwenstieger the freedom . i know who bad at defending midfielders are like toure or even pogba and schwenstieger is 100 times better and all rounder and TBH he will do pretty good for united if he is forced to play there but its not ideal atleast not based on his last 2 years ..(hope i made it clear ) also i am confused about what you wrote about matic ...he is not CM he is DM or CDM and plays role which schneiderlin will play for united now and he is not comparable to schwenstieger at all... a defensive performance considered good for CM is not compareable to DM as where they play on field is totally different . 2e7RWJl.jpg just check this image... none of the players you mentioned are comparable to role i am talking about ..i am talking about role javi martinez played in bayern ..sure position in formation is similar but what they do on pitch is different and where they move etc ..schwenstiger is always advance on pitch .his role is not to cover for every midfielder or every opening his role is to play deep and make plays and advance and create chances and score goals ... think of it this way ...schewenstieger scored 10 goals but he probably did that near the goal so some one must have covered when he went forward right ? that covering job will be done by schneiderlin.. now defensive ability you are talking about is ability to tackle and win the ball in midfield but that is different from defending right infront of centre backs and shielding back 4/5 and covering the gaps in midfield .. all iam trying to say is there is difference between being good at defending for midfielder and doing the job like busquetes ..

btw want to make it clear schwenstieger can most probably play this role too from what i have seen as he does have ability to read game and tackle and physically when fit he is beast (i remember world cup final ) but why would you play top 5 CM in world who can score goals create chances and control tempo higher up and also defend decently higher up at defensive mid ??' it was such a waste ..like having race car for traveling in city during rush hour :headshake: he is not gonna score goals form what position or create as much chances ...you can either be defensive midfielder or go play higher up pitch both cannot happen at same time . btw this is also reason likes of herrera did not start as your team never had proper cover in midfiled for someone like him .. i hope i am clear now as earlier i thought you were just having fun.. also keep in mind i am talking about when he is in good form unlike last year with bayern where he honestly did not do that role well..

see first of all problem here is i never said he cannot defend i said he will not do well with carrick playing right infront of defence and i am not doubting that he is capable of playing in that position but i said from start it wont be ideal position . Yes he definitely is and he has in his prime done it really well. he is not just a CM like I have been saying. You agree now. :two_thumbs_up: Never said Carrick needs to play, we were assuming no Schneiderlin. So Schweini Herrara now you gave me this example when i already told you i did not see football back then and i am only judging based on past season and some big games in earlier season and said from start this is what i think of him today . Im not judging present Schweini I will when I see present Schweini now last thing...i will never use guardiola team as example about midfielders as that guy has different style and his teams dominate at every level of field every inch that is his philosophy No. 1 DM for Germany before Guardiola, fact is like Lahm doing job in multiple positions he can do job there. Like I've been saying only if there was no Schneiderlin. What I wanted to clear up was how earlier you said he is a CM, no way. You understand though. :two_thumbs_up: a midfielder in guadiola team can bad bad at defending part but if he is good at pressing and getting ball he will work and for him passing is of most importance and that is reason he choose thiago over any midfielder bayern has and put javi martinez in defence ...it can work in specific systems but i was talking about united team and tbh with schneiderlin it will work like germany in world cup and its ideal situation and that is what i wanted united to do . Yes a midfielder good at pressing and getting the ball he will work. also i never said you rated kroos as defensive midfielder but you did say he is good at defending and you literally said he is best midfielder in world and him and modric are best midfield partnership in world but in reality that did not happen because while he is pretty good at covering and good all round midfielder when left in pivot it was not ideal and he was at his most effective when distributing ball in middle and similarly schwenstieger from what i saw with bayern was not comfortable playing with xabi in that position so i wanted to forget about passing and get lesser passer than carrick but some one more reliable which will give schwenstieger the freedom . I said he has done well recently in defense as well it's different I also said it's hard to pick. Ill pick Kroos. Why not after 13/14 he had, many had him in World XI for a reason. He still is one of the best ball distributors in the world. Excellent control, and next season he may get better. I don't care how he was at DM, I never said he should be there. So don't use example of his failures at DM. His passing is amongst the best in the world. But Perhaps him Modric and someone similar to Khedira at DM are needed as trio. i know who bad at defending midfielders are like toure or even pogba and schwenstieger is 100 times better and all rounder and TBH he will do pretty good for united if he is forced to play there but its not ideal atleast not based on his last 2 years ..(hope i made it clear ) That's what I have been saying. Just wanted to clear out what was said earlier above about CM/DM. He can't play there etc. He is only CM etc. also i am confused about what you wrote about matic ...he is not CM he is DM or CDM and plays role which schneiderlin will play for united now and he is not comparable to schwenstieger at all... Well I'd like to clear up any doubt if I compared his style to Schweini at all. His primary role is ball winning. When in 4-3-2 Chelsea formation he is officially playing as the midfield 2 although in reality he is deeper as DM. Schweini and Xabi have played in a similar position in 4-3-2 (Xabi for Real, Schweini for Bayern) having ball winning role for their clubs/countries at times too (Schweini lesser for Bayern cause Martinez was there), does not mean their style and impact on the game is similar to Matic. They are less effective ball winners when in similar position to Matic in 4-3-2 but better distributors. Im not comparing their styles or impact on the game. Different things. a defensive performance considered good for CM is not compareable to DM as where they play on field is totally different . That's obvious to me tbh... I didn't compare Kroos defence to Matic? Also there are different types of DM's. Pirlo is more a deep playmaker. His other role barring long balls is to simply distribute ball transition defence into attack. Ball winners are further up like Vidal. Busquets is a complete DM. He does both. It does not mean a team will fail. Just means different players have different strengths and not everyone has Busquets. 2e7RWJl.jpg just check this image... none of the players you mentioned are comparable to role i am talking about ..i am talking about role javi martinez played in bayern ..sure position in formation is similar but what they do on pitch is different and where they move etc ..schwenstiger is always advance on pitch .his role is not to cover for every midfielder or every opening his role is to play deep and make plays and advance and create chances and score goals ... He can play both roles well. And I already know what his role is as CM and have stated above he is better there. Remember the whole argument was he can't play at DM but that's sorted now... think of it this way ...schewenstieger scored 10 goals but he probably did that near the goal so some one must have covered when he went forward right ? that covering job will be done by schneiderlin.. Yes when Schweini plays CM now defensive ability you are talking about is ability to tackle and win the ball in midfield but that is different from defending right infront of centre backs and shielding back 4/5 and covering the gaps in midfield .. That I agree there are options better than Schweini. But as above he has played there and done the job well, why he is king of all trades. As above better at CM, still pretty good DM, but if you have someone like Schneiderlin then use him where he is best. all iam trying to say is there is difference between being good at defending for midfielder and doing the job like busquetes ..
Yes, not everyone has Busquets, Ill repeat 50th time in my reply, the initial discussion was he cannot play there. ^i thought separating may take time so I wrote inside quote

btw want to make it clear schwenstieger can most probably play this role too from what i have seen as he does have ability to read game and tackle and physically when fit he is beast (i remember world cup final ) but why would you play top 5 CM in world who can score goals create chances and control tempo higher up and also defend decently higher up at defensive mid ??' As above Ill repeat It's not that big a difference in his effectiveness like Lahm...there is a reason he was Germany's No.1 in that position. But I agree have at CM if some1 is already there. Unless u want Carrick at DM, who is a genuine CM. But now we agree. Best at CM can play DM it was such a waste ..like having race car for traveling in city during rush hour :headshake: he is not gonna score goals form what position or create as much chances ...you can either be defensive midfielder or go play higher up pitch both cannot happen at same time . btw this is also reason likes of herrera did not start as your team never had proper cover in midfiled for someone like him .. will not start? or are you talking about something else? This is unclear. Ofcourse Herrara will start if Schweini is at DM. Schweini, Herrara and Mata/DiMaria. Better than Carrick Schweini etc i hope i am clear now as earlier i thought you were just having fun.. Yes we have cleared up he can play DM but can also play CM and play better there. there is basically no longer an argument....except for Kroos stuff. You will see next season, what a player is one season not all of them will be same next season. But I do believe Kroos Modric with a good DM should be best in world. My initial prediction was based off a 4-3-2-1, I suppose they stopped playing that? Unfortunately it would leave out Isco/James if Kroos was CM, these guys who run at teams more. It is not possible to leave James, he too is really good in his position and succeeded from what you told me. Was it a 4-3-3? I feel Modric can do what he does too his dribbling is excellent. Kroos is forced to play DM which is not ideal. Where he gets overrun. His passing was still excellent until December and I doubt that changed. Remember he was CM for Bayern and Germany that season where he stood out. Kroos passing is not noticed as much cause he is not getting the killer through balls like James, how accurate and consistent it is compared to others is amazing. He may be overrun when opp is on ball in a DM role but I cannot understand if in CM role like for Bayern and Germany in 14/15 with his pass distribution he isn't in top 5 that season. You noticed weak points in Kroos. Those weak points was him being overrun, now if that is not his key job and his job is distribute as CM, is his passing also a weakness? No, it is atleast in top 5 if not among the best like in 13/14. When it's a hard call, it isn't impossible to pick him in World XI for that year and many did. Ball Control, great passing, excellent long shooting what more from a CM that sits deep and distributes? also keep in mind i am talking about when he is in good form unlike last year with bayern where he honestly did not do that role well..
Well I agree with this. You have not seen prime Schweini enough and I have not seen modern Schweini lets see how he fits in. ^Same as above, reply in quotes

Also Ill have to sit down, carefully read your next response. Then slowly make response. Clearly think replies, take time and return with an argument of my own. I won't be able to do this tomorrow, Ill find time later in week. Ill take longer next time, get more thoughts going into argument. See u later.

Yes, not everyone has Busquets, Ill repeat 50th time in my reply, the initial discussion was he cannot play there. ^i thought separating may take time so I wrote inside quote
no the whole argument was he cannot play defensive midfield with carrick as that partnership wont work. if he is DM then there better be some one like thiago doing the attack part as i just cannot understand how carrick and him will work together and that was the entire argument of mine .. same way schwenstieger even in his prime would not work in xabi this is what i was talking about earlier now you are just picking and choosing what i wrote obviously any world class midfielder can play DM specially if he is good reader of game but you are completely ignoring the partnership and who plays with him . kroos and modric works but kroos and fabregas will never work or just playing kroos and schwensteiger will never work and you need lahm there to stay behind ..this is what i was talking about and this is the point you are just not getting . this is my last comment on this so just gonna quote how this entire thing started so we can stop discussing about things i never said
but he was no where near his best and with possesion system united has similar to bayern he was major weakness in middle when played along with xabi ..
you guys need schneiderlin still and with him it can work very well
see this was my first comment you can go back and read. now after that..
i know it does not makes sense when i say world class midfielder did not do well in possesion system but its not about when he had ball its about when he did not had ball and team pressed both xabi and him and it lead to so many goals and its was big reason bayern struggled against every big team in bundesliga when both of them were playing
and again all i am typing is about balance of team and not quality of this world class player :) . i can go on and on ... in your mind its very simple that he is cm who can defend and can play dm...sure he can but that strictly also depends on style team plays and who his partner is as even in my first comment i said in slow "possession system " he will not work and with guy like carrick or xabi ...he may very well work in system man city has or earlier high pressing system bayern had . you never understood what i was saying and got fixated with position in formation anyway rest of comment about game i will pm you as i am derailing this thread and i think i will be able to explain and understand you more clearly there .. also will pm you some actual game incident :P

no the whole argument was he cannot play defensive midfield with carrick as that partnership wont work. if he is DM then there better be some one like thiago doing the attack part as i just cannot understand how carrick and him will work together and that was the entire argument of mine .. same way schwenstieger even in his prime would not work in xabi this is what i was talking about earlier now you are just picking and choosing what i wrote obviously any world class midfielder can play DM specially if he is good reader of game but you are completely ignoring the partnership and who plays with him . kroos and modric works but kroos and fabregas will never work or just playing kroos and schwensteiger will never work and you need lahm there to stay behind ..this is what i was talking about and this is the point you are just not getting . this is my last comment on this so just gonna quote how this entire thing started so we can stop discussing about things i never said see this was my first comment you can go back and read. now after that.. and again all i am typing is about balance of team and not quality of this world class player :) . i can go on and on ... in your mind its very simple that he is cm who can defend and can play dm...sure he can but that strictly also depends on style team plays and who his partner is as even in my first comment i said in slow "possession system " he will not work and with guy like carrick or xabi ...he may very well work in system man city has or earlier high pressing system bayern had . you never understood what i was saying and got fixated with position in formation actually wait i will try to find some actual good analysis of games :winky:
Bedtime now. Skimmed through and got the jist of what is being said. you are telling me he cannot play as DM with Carrick in CM, or in midfield in general because it upsets balance, because it will not work. As you can see above that is what I have written. I have him DM Herrera CM, you missed that part... Also Im now off to bed but I can grab a quote above saying something like. No he is a CM, not a DM. Later we agreed sure he can and successfully has in his prime. So yeah...don't accuse me of saying play Schweini with carrick. In your mind its that simple blah blah blah. The argument was not about that initially and I can ask u to try find a quote saying I want to play them 2 together but u won't...I never said that will help balance or work. Neither did I ever say Fabregas Kroos will or will not work. why am i being accused of this again? They are very similar but Fabregas gets forward more often, or has at times for Spain. Don't exaggerate this now. Why discuss this at all when I never said anything about it. But u did mention he cannot play DM. That he is CM only.....initially And dude how much time on this today. I cannot continue argument tomorrow. Later in the week. Also if u have only seen modern Schweini after 4/5 month injury then lets treat him as a different person and player and not make conclusions like it's him in prime? We have to see how he is first this season. It can take time after such a long injury some like Kaka fall away completely after such injuries. he was once best in world, ballon dor ahead of CR7 but at 29 fell away, after long injuries. Lets see and decide how he is nowadays first.

Bedtime now. Skimmed through and got the jist of what is being said. you are telling me he cannot play as DM with Carrick in CM, or in midfield in general because it upsets balance, because it will not work. As you can see above that is what I have written. I have him DM Herrera CM, you missed that part... Also Im now off to bed but I can grab a quote above saying something like. No he is a CM, not a DM. Later we agreed sure he can and successfully has in his prime. So yeah...don't accuse me of saying play Schweini with carrick. In your mind its that simple blah blah blah. The argument was not about that initially and I can ask u to try find a quote saying I want to play them 2 together but u won't...I never said that will help balance or work. Neither did I ever say Fabregas Kroos will or will not work. why am i being accused of this again? They are very similar but Fabregas gets forward more often, or has at times for Spain. Don't exaggerate this now. Why discuss this at all when I never said anything about it. But u did mention he cannot play DM. That he is CM only.....initially And dude how much time on this today. I cannot continue argument tomorrow. Later in the week. Also if u have only seen modern Schweini after 4/5 month injury then lets treat him as a different person and player and not make conclusions like it's him in prime? We have to see how he is first this season. It can take time after such a long injury some like Kaka fall away completely after such injuries. he was once best in world, ballon dor ahead of CR7 but at 29 fell away, after long injuries. Lets see and decide how he is nowadays first.
i have said it from start that i am talking about current player and i do not know how he was 2 years back and talking about his prime is useless and so is talking about formation used in 2011 . fabregas was example of my point and deliberately extreme so that you understand what i am trying to say but anyway this is problem of thinking of discussion as argument you want to win or lose instead of trying to understand main point people get into pedantic details .. yes i realise talking about kroos and fabregas does not change anything about this guy and means nothing but that was not what iwas going for i was giving example how some one might work in pivot with one partner and one play style but wont work in other system . anyway i already sent you pm explaining my point with help of actual expert analysis so hopefully it will clear out everything. also lastly i do not get what you mean by herrera cm ? again that wont work as herrera as he is very light weight and he either needs some beastly dm or system where there number advantage in middle ..just see herrera play defensively he was very mediocre and playing that deep a liability (again reason LVG did not use him much even though when he played you created almost double chances per game :giggle:) he is just too light weight much much lighter than kroos and schwenstieger currently does not compare to modric and those two barely work ..(again this is comparison to explain what i am trying to say ) infact it will be much worse than carrick and schwenstieger partnership ..carrick one i can see working as he has discipline to not lose ball so in most matches it wont be troublesome but this partnership will be suicide :cantstop: anyway i am done . sorry everyone :p on topic great signing and i am very excited and cant wait to see united this year because of him (total change from last year ) also another transfer complete begovic to chelsea done :nice: he is very high quality goal keeper for back up and i could not be happier ..he is no cech but good enough that we do not have to worry about injury to courtois...

i have said it from start that i am talking about current player and i do not know how he was 2 years back and talking about his prime is useless and so is talking about formation used in 2011 . fabregas was example of my point and deliberately extreme so that you understand what i am trying to say but anyway this is problem of thinking of discussion as argument you want to win or lose instead of trying to understand main point people get into pedantic details .. yes i realise talking about kroos and fabregas does not change anything about this guy and means nothing but that was not what iwas going for i was giving example how some one might work in pivot with one partner and one play style but wont work in other system . anyway i already sent you pm explaining my point with help of actual expert analysis so hopefully it will clear out everything. also lastly i do not get what you mean by herrera cm ? again that wont work as herrera as he is very light weight and he either needs some beastly dm or system where there number advantage in middle ..just see herrera play defensively he was very mediocre and playing that deep a liability (again reason LVG did not use him much even though when he played you created almost double chances per game :giggle:) he is just too light weight much much lighter than kroos and schwenstieger currently does not compare to modric and those two barely work ..(again this is comparison to explain what i am trying to say ) infact it will be much worse than carrick and schwenstieger partnership ..carrick one i can see working as he has discipline to not lose ball so in most matches it wont be troublesome but this partnership will be suicide :cantstop: anyway i am done . sorry everyone :p on topic great signing and i am very excited and cant wait to see united this year because of him (total change from last year ) also another transfer complete begovic to chelsea done :nice: he is very high quality goal keeper for back up and i could not be happier ..he is no cech but good enough that we do not have to worry about injury to courtois...
Herrera is a better dribbler and quicker than Carrick. Prime Schweini does DM job well that's the thing. Carrick is not good defensively imo and Herrera is equally good at passing.

Herrera is a better dribbler and quicker than Carrick. Prime Schweini does DM job well that's the thing. Carrick is not good defensively imo and Herrera is equally good at passing.
see in rest of discussion i would simply say its my opinion but no way in hell carrick is bad defensively and herrera is not 100 times worse . sorry but last season i did not even know who carrick was but more i saw him more impressed i was about how good he was and when injured united struggled very badly . being able to dribble or being quick counts for nothing if you lose ball 10 times in game and LVG choose rooney over him for that reason!

United need a striker and a CB desperately.rooney and rvp are stale as a striker,they dont have the pace or zip,they don't make enough runs up front,mata and hereira wanted to pass so many through balls but zilch ,nada effort from the forwards to make a run behind the defenders. Need a strong CB as well

Hernandez' date=' Rafael on way out. De Gea I think himself wants to go so can't do much. Valdes will do for 1 season. 1 striker needed. Ottamendi also. Shaw, Rojo, Januzaj may step up this season. Depay is really talented.[/quote'] DDG is going to the tour while Valdes is not. All rumors point towards ManUtd telling Madrid that DDG won't go till they give Ramos. So it seems DDG will stay one more year even if it means giving him for free next year (and I totally agree with that - Madrid need to be showed that ManUtd can't be pushed around).

United need a striker and a CB desperately.rooney and rvp are stale as a striker,they dont have the pace or zip,they don't make enough runs up front,mata and hereira wanted to pass so many through balls but zilch ,nada effort from the forwards to make a run behind the defenders. Need a strong CB as well
RVP has anyway gone to Fenerbahce.

City will get KDB but not Pogba. Madrid seem to be silent till now.....lets see who they get.
every team has multiple option so if not pogba then it will be someone else but they are gonna spend as much as united this season because they are going for champions league and similarly psg and both have restrictions lifted this year so now they take care of their squad and add many younger players who will stay there for future psg might get rid of entire forward line and start fresh as last season that is where they lacked as their midfield was world class ... similarly madrid always make one signing which is their main and they will go for one proper midfielder and then splash money and sell many players as coach is new and he might like different players . they are late because their manager changed so its always better idea to wait and spend some time with squad and then spend and they will surely spend after not winning anything last season.. now barca too have already signed 2 world class players and i am sure they will go for more and bayern are also going to get someone other than costa. also united seem to be losing di maria to psg as newspaper that reported it is very accurate about psg so there is that..

I think Wenger is not going to sign anyone now :agree: actually ab team full bhi hai aur agar kisi aur ko lega to kisi dusre acche ko bench per rakhna padega :giggle: hope ki full season injury free rahe :nervous: per isbaar backup accha hai :winky: