Bahubali : India's Biggest Motion Picture

Kalia_Test

Make no mistake - Lingaa was a certified flop. No other word. Hit or flop is decided on how much distributors make. All they made is huge losses.
yeah but BeautifulGame has a point. he is saying that the movie made huge money still. which is true. it made around 80crores. A figure, Vijay cannot touch even with his biggest hits. in effect - if the producers were not greedy, everyone would have made some money.

dude no contest with endhiran. i was just explaining movie economics.
No evil meant dude - I have seen many such threads turn into d!ck measuring contests and am trying to avoid it as it removes focus from the current biggest budget movie. Rajni has a good following in Telugu ( including direct Telugu movies i.e not dubbed ) and I personally liked Robot too. Saw both Tamil and Telugu versions :two_thumbs_up:

yeah but BeautifulGame has a point. he is saying that the movie made huge money still. which is true. it made around 80crores. A figure, Vijay cannot touch even with his biggest hits. in effect - if the producers were not greedy, everyone would have made some money.
Well - if we are talking about greedy Producers - then we can take a step back also - If stars were not so greedy, then Producers would have also been able to sell to distributors for less and everyone could have made some money... Life is not so simple :((

Titanic' date=' featured songs and dance ... am sure you detest it?[/quote'] lol, why would you compare it with Titanic? :hmmmm: .... Titanic would be closer to films such as Gone with the winds (romantic love story in a historical background) On the other hand, Bahubali is a religious historical/mythological figure, right? If you want to compare it, "may be" Passion of Christ would come closer. And it would be strange to see Jesus doing break-dance sequence with Mary .... Thankfully Mel Gibson understood the subject and did not include "Lethal Weapon" and "Mad Max" elements to it :P We had films on Ashoka, Bhagat Singh, etc. and imo "unnecessary" song and dance sequences take away from the subject. If filmmakers want to keep song and dance and other such masala features then they should not select such subjects One gripe that I have with Indian film makers is that they stick to the masala formula no matter what the subject is. Even if the film is on Gandhiji, you are likely to find him and Kasturba doing break-dance in the picturesque South Africa :haha: .... On the other hand, I liked the way how Attenborough made Gandhi

lol, why would you compare it with Titanic? :hmmmm: .... Titanic would be closer to films such as Gone with the winds (romantic love story in a historical background) On the other hand, Bahubali is a religious historical/mythological figure, right? If you want to compare it, "may be" Passion of Christ would come closer. And it would be strange to see Jesus doing break-dance sequence with Mary .... Thankfully Mel Gibson understood the subject and did not include "Lethal Weapon" and "Mad Max" elements to it :P We had films on Ashoka, Bhagat Singh, etc. and imo "unnecessary" song and dance sequences take away from the subject. If filmmakers want to keep song and dance and other such masala features then they should not select such subjects One gripe that I have with Indian film makers is that they stick to the masala formula no matter what the subject is. Even if the film is on Gandhiji, you are likely to find him and Kasturba doing break-dance in the picturesque South Africa :haha: .... On the other hand, I liked the way how Attenborough made Gandhi
movie has nothing to do with him. they just used the name

In US it is 50 for first day and 25 later. Not watching this movie. Good luck getting all the money back. Too greedy.
Probably, they don't expect too many people to flock in to the theaters in Europe and US. And believe that price would be inelastic for those who want to watch this .... But from the initial judgment it appears as if the filmmakers may have shot their own foot :dontknow: The new 007 film has a budget of $300M. It also has a bigger market reach and appeal so it can make money despite keeping prices normal. Now if they increase the prices, many franchise fans would still be willing to pay to a certain extent. However, if they keep prices in the $30+ range, many would be hesitant to go to the cinemas halls despite the "paise vasool" nature of the franchise

Anyways, Minions is releasing on 07/10 as well :two_thumbs_up: eisKxhjBnZ0 Terminator Genisys has released .... MI5 is coming soon too (July 30th?) There is a lot that you can do with $25-$50 this month :giggle: .... and Bajranji Bhaijaan is coming too which would probably be a rare Indian film that I might watch in the cinemas

I am not sure about other areas but in the area I live in , Bahubali tickets are priced at $25 for all the shows...my friends have bought the distribution rights for one particular theatre in my area for $84,000..they will break even at about 130,000 as theatre gets 35% share in tickets..So it is expected that around 6000 people are going to watch the movie at this theatre @25 per head for a total revenue of 150,000...