Will we win a single medal this time ?

sourab10forever

If we win even one medal, I will do nothing

I have no hope for our hockey teams.

Tennis is virtually over

No one of substance in boxing or weightlifting

Possible medal in wrestling/badminton/shooting.

I thought we were actually improving after Beijing and London.. clearly not. Will always remain the laughing stock of the world in Olympics. I actually feel we should not send anyone apart from the Hockey teams as we are clearly never going to be medal winning standard. Why waste tax payers money to bring disappointment.

11 hours ago, G_B_ said:

Hmm India have really got off to a bad start

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

The only event where we where favs for a medal hope till now was Jitu Rai , who choked badly in the finals . 

Archery team had an outside chance , but this is not the first time we have messed up in olympics ..last edition we where one of the favs but for some reason they have not translated their form and world rankings into a medal .

this is more of an indictment on sporting federations in india. it is not enough to increase your olympic contingent and be proud of that. there should be better focus on improving the quality of the athletes sent. most of our athletes would give south africans a run for their money in choking department.

7 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

this is more of an indictment on sporting federations in india. it is not enough to increase your olympic contingent and be proud of that. there should be better focus on improving the quality of the athletes sent. most of our athletes would give south africans a run for their money in choking department.

The problem is not the athletes who are competing . As a country we only care about them once in 4 years & for most of these guys if they dont win a medal they will most likely struggle to meet ends . Most of these guys have qualified on their own and are either world class are close to being one . if we have to start translating these potential into sure shot medals we need a even bigger base .

5 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

The problem is not the athletes who are competing . As a country we only care about them once in 4 years & for most of these guys if they dont win a medal they will most likely struggle to meet ends . Most of these guys have qualified on their own and are either world class are close to being one . if we have to start translating these potential into sure shot medals we need a even bigger base .

i agree. india needs to spend more on sports and invest in the infrastructure for these athletes. there is such a large youth population which is basically going to waste with every passing year. however, there is  also a need for mentally tough competitors. the hockey loss was totally abysmal. how do you allow a team to score from so far out in the last 3 seconds? 

Very gloomy for India now. I doubt if we can win even one this time.

Very disappointing. I looked forward to Rio this year with a lot of hopes and belief that we will win more than 6 medals at the bare minimum. Living in the US, Olympics is the talked about event now, but I have nothing to talk about my athletes. I feel very bad. 

8 hours ago, rkt.india said:

We should stop participatingin Olympics.

Rather, we should start working on providing good sports psychologists to our athletes to handle pressure. Most, if not all big names have faltered because of the inability to handle pressure situations.