Is Mamta Banerjee's West Bengal becoming a mini Pakistan?

Austin 3:!6

19 minutes ago, Vilander said:

do you have any statistical evidence for this rant really? 

may be you are a marginalized party, maybe your family felt the need to leave TN does not mean everyone does. people leave from every state as a matter of fact droves of them from rest of India as well, brain drain is an issue everywhere, whats the basis to single out TN lol ? besides a hidden agenda amoung usual circle jerk between the usual suspects.

One side of my family left Palakkad 50 years back and the other side has no link to South India at all. No hidden agenda or bitterness, no attachment. This is just a forum and people are free to express themselves, like this thread where even you have identified problems in WB, Kerala, Hyderabad, UP etc. So that is perfectly fine but the minute someone talks about TN it is agenda? 

Edited by Gollum

52 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

It is slow and frustrating there, but it exists. In China, it flat out does not. You live in a land where justice = Ferrari. Well in India, its not a Ferrari, its a 1960s schoolbus. In China its a bullock cart. With no bullocks. And square wheels. That you must push yourself. Its also on a steep inverted circular incline - so when you do push it with all you got,it falls backwards on you. Welcome to Chinese justice. 

At the end of the day any government around the world can get away with injustice, it's just a case of the methods, some governments are more subtle than others. The governments of the UK and USA can make people 'disappear' or silence them.

I'm sure once everyone in China becomes literate and all serious poverty is eradicated then it too will have democracy.

Democracy can only work when the people are educated enough to know what exactly they are voting for. Even in the west people don't fully understand what they are voting for, can you imagine what is the case in India?

The government of China has done some bad things but it has also made so much more progress than India and China is on the verge of being a true first world nation.

37 minutes ago, Gollum said:

One side of my family left Palakkad 50 years back and the other side has no link to South India at all. No hidden agenda or bitterness, no attachment. This is just a forum and people are free to express themselves, like this thread where even you have identified problems in WB, Kerala, Hyderabad, UP etc. So that is perfectly fine but the minute someone talks about TN it is agenda? 

in the spirit , why dont you back it up with some data. specifically this.  Everything else is  wishful  thinking.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Downward spiral started a long time back, where are the great minds TN produced eons ago? That's right, most have fled the state, now it is just mediocrity all around. Surest sign of decline, same happened with West Bengal 30-40 years ago. All the Tamil intelligentsia are based elsewhere or quite old now, Dravidian parties have established all round mediocrity. The Telugu states (and maybe Maharashtra/Gujarat) are rising and will fill the vacuum I guess but too big a hole to fill when you take into account the intellectual accomplishments of Tamils of independent India. 

Let Stalin become CM, further dumb down education standards, abolish NEET and open 50000000 more bogus colleges...dumb down future generations, discourage excellence...if that's what the people want !!! Not saying TN won't produce some great minds but those will be exceptions rather than the norm, after all talent needs a supportive environment/system to nurture it. 

50 minutes ago, Gollum said:

have identified problems in WB, Kerala, Hyderabad, UP etc. So that is perfectly fine but the minute someone talks about TN it is agenda? 

'agenda' or biased information basically statements not backed by evidence. 

and if someone states something about any state without any evidence on show it could also be seen as agenda post. Don't use any false equivalence here. 

Edited by Vilander

45 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

At the end of the day any government around the world can get away with injustice, it's just a case of the methods, some governments are more subtle than others. The governments of the UK and USA can make people 'disappear' or silence them.

Stop talking nonsense. In China you can literally get shot in the face, then thrown into jail for persuing a case. And thats just for starters. Stop trying to make it seem like justice doesn't exist anywhere because you live in this weird fantasy that people care more about money than not being slaves. China is a nation of slaves. 

I'm sure once everyone in China becomes literate and all serious poverty is eradicated then it too will have democracy.

Uhm...what ?! Dude, China is 97% literate. This is one of the very few things that commies are known for - literacy. China has been batting at over 95% literacy for 40 years now. 

Democracy can only work when the people are educated enough to know what exactly they are voting for. Even in the west people don't fully understand what they are voting for, can you imagine what is the case in India?

False. democracy works even in a half literate nation like India. Which has been working for 70 years. More education leads to a more informed democracy but as India has shown the world, democracy can and does work even with hundreds of millions of illiterate people. 

The government of China has done some bad things but it has also made so much more progress than India and China is on the verge of being a true first world nation.

Nobody except outsiders and the Chinese elites care about such nonsense. Again, i live in a city where every year thousands of common Chinese sell their kidneys or entire life savings to escape to. I am yet to meet an Indo-Canadian, who is not a Khalistani or Kashmiri terrorist, who has had to 'flee' India and live in a free land. 

You have no freedom in China, no voice, no expression and no justice. Just money and government approved entertainment. So stop making it sound like democracy doesn't work because a few Chinese elites are making a crap ton of money.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

dude look at Shenzhen and then tell me if people do not have freedom.

I don't need to look at Shenzen, i just need to look at the tens of thousands of common Chinese who are fleeing China. Or the fact that China for the last 15 years ( ie, very close after globalization) has the largest capital flight in history of mankind. Or the fact that our housing market here ( Pacific NW) is crazy pricy because every damn Chinese millionaire has an exit strategy based on having a house here. 

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

China is a glorious example of controlled state capitalism, the only difference between say a Singapore and China, is that Singapore has multiple political entities and China has these factions inside the party itself. 

The difference between Singapore and China, is that thanks to the British, Singapore has a real judiciary. China does not. Do you realize that in the Chinese constitution,it OFFICIALLY says that the judiciary exists to benefit the Communist Party ? Do you know that Chief Justice of China has never even practiced law, nevermind being a judge ? Do you realize that China has the least amount of freedom ever ? That if this site was based in China and we were Chinese, we'd have the police knocking on our door- each and every single one of us - over what we post here ?

There is a saying amongst the Chinese - the rich may eat the poor, thinking that the proximity to the emperor makes them invulnerable. But they forget, the Chinese emperor is the only cannibal emperor on the planet- he will eat those closest to him just to put the rest in their place. 

4 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

no, the point is, if he does resort to it, he will lose Bengal and rest of the North-east. 

Beggars can't be choosers. If I were a Bengali , at this point I would gladly choose Siya Ram rhetoric over what awaits for me in the future if TMC is allowed to be returned for another term.

It's time Bongs drop the whole intellectual act and get in line like the rest of us.

Warna khamiyaza bhugatne ke liye taiyar raho.

33 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Beggars can't be choosers. If I were a Bengali , at this point I would gladly choose Siya Ram rhetoric over what awaits for me in the future if TMC is allowed to be returned for another term.

It's time Bongs drop the whole intellectual act and get in line like the rest of us.

Warna khamiyaza bhugatne ke liye taiyar raho.

1.As long as its rhetoric, we won't mind.

2. Abe bewakoof, its not just that we are more liberal and historically better educated than the hindi belt. The entire REASON the patit-pawan-siya-ram nonsense doesn't work in Bengal is because we are *NOT* the same type of Hindus as the hindi-belt macho chauvinistic types. Its a fundamental clash of culture for us - we are the 'devi ma' first. nevermind your ram, krishna, shiva, we have and always will celebrate the Durgas, the Kalis, the Saraswatis more than your Janmastami or such. We don't celebrate Dusshera as Ram returning or some nonsense, we celebrate it as Kali Puja. The reason your patit-pawan-siya-ram nonsense doesn't work because we see the 'Sita' archetype as a weak caricature of the Indian feminine, brought to prominent by pre-islamic invaders like the Scythians and Hepthalites who made up the pre-Islamic foreign elites of the North-west, from whom the Rajputs are culturally descended from. 

Edited by Muloghonto

20 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

no, the point is, if he does resort to it, he will lose Bengal and rest of the North-east. 

ok enjoy. but everyone knows what the BJP party stands for, he doesn't need to spit it out each time. i don't even dwell too much time and effort into indian politics.  but think this time, many might be voting might be along religious lines.  of course, ground zero reality might be quite different at the time of elections but let's see. 

tbh, i don't care if bengalis choose TMC or whoever. bengalis will choose their leader.  

Edited by PBN

6 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

I don't need to look at Shenzen, i just need to look at the tens of thousands of common Chinese who are fleeing China. Or the fact that China for the last 15 years ( ie, very close after globalization) has the largest capital flight in history of mankind. Or the fact that our housing market here ( Pacific NW) is crazy pricy because every damn Chinese millionaire has an exit strategy based on having a house here. 

The difference between Singapore and China, is that thanks to the British, Singapore has a real judiciary. China does not. Do you realize that in the Chinese constitution,it OFFICIALLY says that the judiciary exists to benefit the Communist Party ? Do you know that Chief Justice of China has never even practiced law, nevermind being a judge ? Do you realize that China has the least amount of freedom ever ? That if this site was based in China and we were Chinese, we'd have the police knocking on our door- each and every single one of us - over what we post here ?

There is a saying amongst the Chinese - the rich may eat the poor, thinking that the proximity to the emperor makes them invulnerable. But they forget, the Chinese emperor is the only cannibal emperor on the planet- he will eat those closest to him just to put the rest in their place. 

not discounting the overseas chinese inflow to Vancouver. Knowing how some of them are uncouth i can imagine your experience with them.

for me, one of the underlying factors in this is social justice. If there is no social justice, then China can not have this many entrepreneurs and scientists etc, so even if lack of a well defined ( by western definition of the standards) justice system is evident it might not mean they have no justice in their society. Maybe its ensured by other means, surely it should be they have a pretty progressive nation like the most progressive one in terms of economy.  

9 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

1.As long as its rhetoric, we won't mind.

2. Abe bewakoof, its not just that we are more liberal and historically better educated than the hindi belt. The entire REASON the patit-pawan-siya-ram nonsense doesn't work in Bengal is because we are *NOT* the same type of Hindus as the hindi-belt macho chauvinistic types. Its a fundamental clash of culture for us - we are the 'devi ma' first. f*ck your ram, krishna, shiva, we have and always will celebrate the Durgas, the Kalis, the Saraswatis more than your Janmastami or such. We don't celebrate Dusshera as Ram returning or some nonsense, we celebrate it as Kali Puja. The reason your patit-pawan-siya-ram nonsense doesn't work because we see the 'Sita' archetype as a weak caricature of the Indian feminine, brought to prominent by pre-islamic invaders like the Scythians and Hepthalites who made up the pre-Islamic foreign elites of the North-west, from whom the Rajputs are culturally descended from. 

You are one shameless chutia.

I wonder how could Mods tolerate such language against Hindu Gods.

@Trichromatic

Edited by Stradlater

Just now, Stradlater said:

You are one shameless chutia.

I wonder how could Mods tolerate such language against Hindu Gods.

And Rajputs descendants of Scythians LMAO.

What language against what Gods ? Sita is neither a God or a Goddess - at best, she is an avatar. She is not on the same playing field as Durga or Kali, who are ACTUAL Goddesses. And comparing personalities, its pretty clear why Sita is weak and barely makes a dent in the psyche of the 'Shakta' leaning hindus, aka the Bong and NE Hindus. 

PS: Re: Rajpus- Culturally, yes they are descendants of  Hepthalites (who form the cultural basis of the Rajputs and Pashtuns) and the Scythians. Read up about them when you get a chance. The Gurajara-Pratiharas are directly related to the amalgam of the Hepthalite/Scythian folk, with Chalukya culture, who in turn are the direct ancestors of the Rajputs.

6 minutes ago, Vilander said:

not discounting the overseas chinese inflow to Vancouver. Knowing how some of them are uncouth i can imagine your experience with them.

for me, one of the underlying factors in this is social justice. If there is no social justice, then China can not have this many entrepreneurs and scientists etc, so even if lack of a well defined ( by western definition of the standards) justice system is evident it might not mean they have no justice in their society. Maybe its ensured by other means, surely it should be they have a pretty progressive nation like the most progressive one in terms of economy.  

There is no causal link between social justice and having entreprenuers/scientists - the entreprenuers in China all have direct link with the military cabaal and the scientists are there simply because they are needed. china is basically what a stable African tinpot dictatorship is - they have entreprenuers there too, who are all there because of their kissing up to the military-mafia. The scientist scenario is similar to the whole 'why work in the middle east' scenario, minus the amazing pay and option to leave. 

5 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

What language against what Gods ? Sita is neither a God or a Goddess - at best, she is an avatar. She is not on the same playing field as Durga or Kali, who are ACTUAL Goddesses. And comparing personalities, its pretty clear why Sita is weak and barely makes a dent in the psyche of the 'Shakta' leaning hindus, aka the Bong and NE Hindus. 

PS: Re: Rajpus- Culturally, yes they are descendants of  Hepthalites (who form the cultural basis of the Rajputs and Pashtuns) and the Scythians. Read up about them when you get a chance. The Gurajara-Pratiharas are directly related to the amalgam of the Hepthalite/Scythian folk, with Chalukya culture, who in turn are the direct ancestors of the Rajputs.

You don't need to tell me about my own history. I have read up sufficient literature on this. There's no direct evidence relating Pratiharas to Hepthalites/Scythians. While it might be true that some of the upper class vanquished Foreigners might have gotten mixed with a few of our clans but calling Rajputs a direct descendent of those uncultured barbarians couldn't be farther from the truth.

Edit: You used the F word against Ram and Shiva. 

Edited by Stradlater

You don't need to tell me about my own history. I have read up sufficient literature on this. There's no direct evidence relating Pratiharas to Hepthalites/Scythians. While it might be true that some of the upper class vanquished Foreigners might have gotten mixed with a few of our clans but calling Rajputs a direct descendent of those uncultured barbarians couldn't be farther from the truth.

The fattu corrected it

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

There is plenty of evidence of the hepthalite-Scythian royalties forming the basis of the Gurjara-Pratihara royal clans. Numismatics, art, etc. are highly similar, so is the culture - which sees a sharp divide from the Magadh & Indo-greek era. This is not definitive ofcourse, but most of the evidence points towards Rajputs being a complex amalgam of the Indians & the pre-Islamic invaders, particularly with the cultural tilt as recorded. 

6 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Hahahahaha. Ok, edited for sensitive snowflakes. You know the context of the word there but who am I to argue with snowflakes....

1 minute ago, Muloghonto said:

There is plenty of evidence of the hepthalite-Scythian royalties forming the basis of the Gurjara-Pratihara royal clans. Numismatics, art, etc. are highly similar, so is the culture - which sees a sharp divide from the Magadh & Indo-greek era. This is not definitive ofcourse, but most of the evidence points towards Rajputs being a complex amalgam of the Indians & the pre-Islamic invaders, particularly with the cultural tilt as recorded. 

Hahahahaha. Ok, edited for sensitive snowflakes. You know the context of the word there but who am I to argue with snowflakes....

Ja re Yar. Tujhse argue karna matlab banging head against a brick wall.