Tennis :2017 season

tweaker

2 hours ago, Cricketics said:

True that Kyrgios is surely going to be in top 5 by end of this year. If he doesn't, that means he has probabaly not done justice. 

Yes, Kyrgios is the best talent today. A welcome change from the utterly tripe Raonic-Nishikori generation which bent over backwards for Djokovic since 2014.

4 hours ago, flat_wicket_bully said:

Another Fedal final today and clay season hasnt even started yet. At this rate they are frontrunner to finish top 2 at the end of the year. :hatsoff:

And match starts at 10:30 pm IST today, dont have to stay up:cheer:

They won't meet in clay season, with Federer skipping most of clay tourney.

If Nadal loses today, i don't see him getting to top till he retires.

Losing to a guy thrice in a year consecutively, whom he had dominated in his career doesn't look good for Rafa.

Will watch this one. My prediction has been horrible so far :no:

If Federer serves well and hoping he has enough left in tank after his marathon match with NK federer should take this in 3.

Edited by kumar713

3 hours ago, kumar713 said:

Losing to a guy thrice in a year consecutively, whom he had dominated in his career doesn't look good for Rafa.

If Federer serves well and hoping he has enough left in tank after his marathon match with NK federer should take this in 3.

Didnt he lose 10 times or something consecutively to Djokovic ? IIRC their h2h went from something like 20-5 in Nadal's favour to like 20-15 inside of one year..

Low quality final.Nadal has deteriorated badly.Bizarre tactics as well with him trying finish off points quickly.

Mens tour quality has gone down.Its upto Kyrgiois and Zverev to pick up now.

Congrats to Federer.Dream season continues.Nevertheless, I dont see him winning any more slams this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Don't care how Nadal had deteriorated, it is all the class of actually Federer which is making him look even more bad. Nadal was fine untill semis when he was beating everyone.

Federer is just playing too good.

3 wins against Nadal in a row this year.  I am loving this. I hope this keeps on going on and they keep meeting and Federer keep destroying him.

Loving this Federer run. 

6 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Didnt he lose 10 times or something consecutively to Djokovic ? IIRC their h2h went from something like 20-5 in Nadal's favour to like 20-15 inside of one year..

Don't think it was ever 20-5. Nadal was leading comfortably (something like 15 or 16 to 6) pre 2011 before Djokovic went on his 7 match run to make it close. Then Nadal had a resurgence and won something like 4 slam matches in a row. However Djokovic kept beating him in BO3 to keep it close. It is in the last 12 matches that Djokovic really pulled away. He has won 11 out of the last 12 matches to make it 26-23 from 15-22

10 hours ago, kumar713 said:

Year just started and honestly Nadal is playing good tennis and hence he is reaching finals of such big events regularly, however he is having hard time against the best player which is Federer right now. Nadal would have lost to Kyrgios too with the way Kyrgios is playing.

Federer and Kyrgios are playing a cut above every other tennis player right now, a bit like Murray and Djokovic 15 months ago when all were having hard time beating them including Federer, who had a great run to finals 15 months ago too but was only losing to Djoker every time.

Things change fast in Tennis as you change surfaces, but I hope Federer continues his run. Greatness is contagious, and Federer's greatness is amazing. 

4 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Year just started and honestly Nadal is playing good tennis and hence he is reaching finals of such big events regularly, however he is having hard time against the best player which is Federer right now. Nadal would have lost to Kyrgios too with the way Kyrgios is playing.

Federer and Kyrgios are playing a cut above every other tennis player right now, a bit like Murray and Djokovic 15 months ago when all were having hard time beating them including Federer, who had a great run to finals 15 months ago too but was only losing to Djoker every time.

Things change fast in Tennis as you change surfaces, but I hope Federer continues his run. Greatness is contagious, and Federer's greatness is amazing. 

I'd be wary of including Kyrgios there. He hasn't actually won a title this year (or did he win some 250?) and was beaten by Seppi at AO and Querrey at Acapulco. Of course he's beaten Novak twice in a row on slow HC and pushed Federer to the absolute brink but if we're talking playing level then we should really factor consistency. 

Nadal is an interesting case. He's basically beaten no one worth beating this year (only 2 top 10 wins IIRC which include Monfils and Raonic)....his two most impressive wins were probably Dmitrov and Zverev at AO and he was lucky to win both (just as Federer needed some fortune vs Berdych and Nick at Miami).. Looking purely at the results, he's second in the race and a good clay season could actually give him an outside chance to finish in the top 2 or 3.

As for Federer, I have mixed feelings about him skipping all 3 clay masters. He knows what's best for him and I understand that he needs rest after a full schedule starting January, but I'd really like to see him win Monte Carlo and Rome. At the very least he should play Madrid. I doubt he'll do much at the French Open. Might as well play a couple of clay masters and skip the FO. Just letting 3000 points go doesn't seem to be a great idea but obviously he doesn't want to risk fatigue and injury. He doesn't seem to care bout YE#1 either. He'll need another 6000 points to have an outside chance of ending YE1 and the bulk of the 6000 will have to come from Halle+Stuttgart+Wimbledon, U.S Open, Shanghai, Cincinnati, Basel, WTF.....the problem is he will have to win/go deep at each of those tournaments to even come close. He really needs to play Madrid or Rome + Paris or Montreal.

17 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

I'd be wary of including Kyrgios there. He hasn't actually won a title this year (or did he win some 250?) and was beaten by Seppi at AO and Querrey at Acapulco. Of course he's beaten Novak twice in a row on slow HC and pushed Federer to the absolute brink but if we're talking playing level then we should really factor consistency. 

Nadal is an interesting case. He's basically beaten no one worth beating this year (only 2 top 10 wins IIRC which include Monfils and Raonic)....his two most impressive wins were probably Dmitrov and Zverev at AO and he was lucky to win both (just as Federer needed some fortune vs Berdych and Nick at Miami).. Looking purely at the results, he's second in the race and a good clay season could actually give him an outside chance to finish in the top 2 or 3.

Yes, Federer's priority is just grandslams now and he has already said that no.1 rank isn't his priority. He is not going to play too many tournaments so guys like Wawrinka and Murray go get ahead of him in ranking easily because they will play more clay  atp 250 tournaments.

But this is where the danger comes for lot of the players. As soon as the grass season comes and Federer with his low ranking joins in the party, many of these guys will meet guys like Del Potro and Federer early in the first week of atp 1000 events.

Federer doesn't care meeting top guys as that leads to his preperation for grandslam, however others do not like that though as it kills their ranking. 

13 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

As for Federer, I have mixed feelings about him skipping all 3 clay masters. He knows what's best for him and I understand that he needs rest after a full schedule starting January, but I'd really like to see him win Monte Carlo and Rome. At the very least he should play Madrid. I doubt he'll do much at the French Open. Might as well play a couple of clay masters and skip the FO. Just letting 3000 points go doesn't seem to be a great idea but obviously he doesn't want to risk fatigue and injury. He doesn't seem to care bout YE#1 either. He'll need another 6000 points to have an outside chance of ending YE1 and the bulk of the 6000 will have to come from Halle+Stuttgart+Wimbledon, U.S Open, Shanghai, Cincinnati, Basel, WTF.....the problem is he will have to win/go deep at each of those tournaments to even come close. He really needs to play Madrid or Rome + Paris or Montreal.

Mone carlo is clay, he shouldn't start as favorite but I would kove to see him go deep. If he wins and best Rafa there, that will be amazing. 

What a wonderful time to be a tennis fan. Boring Djokoray out of the picture. Fedal playing all the finals with the God of Tennis winning every single time this year. Youngsters like Kyrgios, Thiem and Zverev coming up. Stanimal always a threat in GS. Hope Dimitrov too does some heavy damage in the coming days.

Edited by Gollum

21 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Not even the 500 event at barcelona ?!

Thats a long-ass break.

Yeah but winning FO isnt his priority any more. His main goal is to win his 8th Wimbledon title and he needs to be as fresh as he can to achieve it. I think he will use FO as a warm up before Wimbledon and try to get into groove in the Halle.