Tennis :2017 season

tweaker

On 3/27/2017 at 3:24 PM, Muloghonto said:

Would be interesting to make a list of the top players to never win a slam. For those who are done playing/almost done playing, my list would be:
 Rios, Henman, Ferrer and Mecir

Nishikori is one guy who seems to be going the Ferrer way but I do see Nishikori eventually winning a slam.

I would love to see Nishikori dominate the ATP. He has the game I feel and also the age still. Reached final 2 years ago at US Open and lost to Cilic in the final who won the US Open.

Other top players to not have won slams so far and still playing which I would add are Tsonga, Giles Simon, Raonic

From the past players, Piopine and Todd Martin. Also in Women I would say Wozniacki and Simona Halep both very capable players. 

Great to see Federer playing so well at 35.5 years old. Zep(Nadal fan who calls fed a weak era champ) and bones(Novak and Pak team fan) are both in absolute ruins because of Federer. Both their time wasting, fake MTO taking idols have been destroyed in the GOAT debate once and for all. 

As for Miami, hoping for a Kyrgios win. Talented player. Hopefully Nadal doesn't get to vulture with his powder puff draw

Edited by Dil Dil India

On 20/03/2017 at 2:50 AM, zep1706 said:

Nadal's main problem is that mentally he's not the same player as he used to be. Nadal of 2014 and before would not have lost the AO open final against Federer after leading 3-1 in the final set. Of course the brutal 5 hour semi did not help him. He looked a step slower in the fifth set. That is the difference between 22 (when he did it in 2009) and 30. 

Another difference was that the time violation rule was more strictly enforced in 2017. Rafa repeatedly got away with abusing the time rule because refs didn't have the guts to do anything. Without his 30-40 seconds between points it is more difficult for Rafa to run around like a rabbit between points.

19 hours ago, flat_wicket_bully said:

This is the match I have been waiting for Fed vs kryogis. Damn I have to up by 4:30 am to watch this match:no:

What a freaking game. Kyrgios after skipping Federer clash last week has turned up and already an epic game.

20 hours ago, Dil Dil India said:

Another difference was that the time violation rule was more strictly enforced in 2017. Rafa repeatedly got away with abusing the time rule because refs didn't have the guts to do anything. Without his 30-40 seconds between points it is more difficult for Rafa to run around like a rabbit between points.

Nadal fans are going to cry that he is mentally not there, thing is Federer had the same run. But people asked him to quit saying he will never win a slam. Federer was always coming close but just needed a little more push, but people kept asking him to retire and wrote him off.

Nadal is mentally there just that Federer has played excellent tennis in last 15 months and even last year he came close to winning slam but was only losing to Djoker who was in crazy form. But Federer worked hard and skipped US Open.

1 minute ago, flat_wicket_bully said:

Federer won the match of the year for me. Incredible tennis from both players :bow:

True that Kyrgios is surely going to be in top 5 by end of this year. If he doesn't, that means he has probabaly not done justice. 

3 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Nadal fans are going to cry that he is mentally not there, thing is Federer had the same run. But people asked him to quit saying he will never win a slam. Federer was always coming close but just needed a little more push, but people kept asking him to retire and wrote him off.

Nadal is mentally there just that Federer has played excellent tennis in last 15 months and even last year he came close to winning slam but was only losing to Djoker who was in crazy form. But Federer worked hard and skipped US Open.

Djokovic played really well in Wimledon 2015 only. In USO 2015 grandpa Fed choked. Overall I do agree with your post in general though. As for Nadal, I have no doubt he'll max out at 15 slams at best.