B Thampi - Kerala Fast Bowler

Bystander

Can we have a strength and conditioning coach involved with Indian cricket? Every Ranji team should have one like they do in college (American) football. These players would add 15-20 lbs of muscle in 3 months and his 140 kph deliveries would at the very least be 145 kph due to addition of that muscle. 

I am just amazed that cricket as a sport do not have that concept. 

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

This is serious pace.     Very quick.  

Not a borderline case.

Bodes well that Thampi is accurate too.

Yes, let him play more of these games. Needs to play more twenty20s and LOI's so he learns more vairations, and hopefully in pursuit he is able to find a good IPL team who can use him well. 

33 minutes ago, urnotserious said:

Can we have a strength and conditioning coach involved with Indian cricket? Every Ranji team should have one like they do in college (American) football. These players would add 15-20 lbs of muscle in 3 months and his 140 kph deliveries would at the very least be 145 kph due to addition of that muscle. 

I am just amazed that cricket as a sport do not have that concept. 

It does have in England. They do send their bowlers for such programs. Likes of Stuart Broad, Steve Finn, Chris Woakes have really upped their pace after such programs.

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

These kind of skiddy fast bowlers like Thampi , who target the stumps at serious pace, can be very effective in  test matches in India if they get reverse swing.

Best thing is to try them in ODI's for India. Give them one or two ODI's out of 5 when they play a bilateral series.

Best transition for any player whether batsman or bowler is that from 50 overs cricket. They will be attacked by batsmen as well as they will have enough time to learn and adjust their line in a 50 over game, something which they won't learn or get room to do in a 2020 when they play for India. 

12 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Best thing is to try them in ODI's for India. Give them one or two ODI's out of 5 when they play a bilateral series.

Best transition for any player whether batsman or bowler is that from 50 overs cricket. They will be attacked by batsmen as well as they will have enough time to learn and adjust their line in a 50 over game, something which they won't learn or get room to do in a 2020 when they play for India. 

Agree

This guy should be just handed over to Shoaib Akhtar. Infact, BCCI should just buy off players like Shoaib Akhtar on a long term basis. The MRF pace foundation for a very long time gave us nothing, we need to have another alternative to MRF.

This guy, by the looks of him, I think will be a sensation in World cricket. This guy will not break down, he will get better. 

The problem with young malayali guys is, they cant speak proper english, even if they do, they have a big accent. hence, they find it hard to communicate and more often than not, have a complex about their personality. You might laugh at my comment, but all my designers in my company are malayali's and I have faced the same problem with all of them. BCCI needs to work on this aspect too.

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

This guy should be just handed over to Shoaib Akhtar. Infact, BCCI should just buy off players like Shoaib Akhtar on a long term basis. The MRF pace foundation for a very long time gave us nothing, we need to have another alternative to MRF.

This guy, by the looks of him, I think will be a sensation in World cricket. This guy will not break down, he will get better. 

The problem with young malayali guys is, they cant speak proper english, even if they do, they have a big accent. hence, they find it hard to communicate and more often than not, have a complex about their personality. You might laugh at my comment, but all my designers in my company are malayali's and I have faced the same problem with all of them. BCCI needs to work on this aspect too.

BCCI needs language coach to correct malayali accents?

anyway looks decent find. I like how we are getting good pacers from non-traditional centres. Bhuvi, Bumrah, Yadav, Aaron are product of this and we have a good lineup up domestic pacers also coming up (again from smaller teams). 

3 hours ago, Cricketics said:

True. 2020 is the worst format to introduce a bowler. Odi is the ideal format.