Ankit_sharma03 got a reaction from Nash for an article, Indian players whose careers are at stake this England tour
Will start with Careers that are over and ill be highly shocked if they comeback now
1. Raina- Said during IPL the way he was handling fast bowling he shud not play for India anymore , but i thought ENG -IReland doesnt have bowlers to trouble to my surprise IReland bounced him out n england spun him out. To comeback for any player its important how he does in domestic n most importantly how badly others fails to. Raina might do well in domestic but their is enough talent now to keep him away
2. Parthiv - When u drop someone its important to check has he improved n then pick him n with parthiv n even Raina selectors shud realise they didnt so what did they check??? Parthiv in SA showed that he still was an Awfull keeper.
With karthik, Saha , pant, kishen, samson....... we dnt have to see him Again
Now the careers who are on thin ice
For them what matters if they perform they keep their place, if they dnt they are on thin ICE and if others perform aiming for same role.....they can be shown the door
1. Dhoni- Many may think he will never be dropped but no one is indispensable . The more ur perfomance goes down the more nearer u get towards getting dropped. Some one will get extra rope and some wont but that rope will end one day. Dhoni batting isnt helping him but his contribution to captaincy, fitness, wicket keeping n helping younger players is saving him.
He is a large figure in Indian cricket so for him to be dropped now Karthik n pant has to perform. If karthik has a gr8 england tour ....dhoni place will be in bother and then possible he might be a series away from being dropped. Same is with Pant he has to perform whenever he gets a chance and he is an impact player.....but for him to secure that place he has to show gr8 consistency. So as of now m expecting karthik to be more of problem for dhoni then Pant.
2. Murali Vijay- I have no doubt in my mind if vijay fails england tour .....we ll see the last of him. He hasnt had gr8 last 1-2 yrs and his age wnt help him either. With the emergance of Shaw n mayank .....i doubt selectors will back him if he fails in England .
3. Dinesh Karthik- A bad series in england n it can be curtains for him. DK for all his inconsistency will always be under microscope. A failure with gloves will keep him on benches as then he ll have to compete with other batsman for the role of only batsman. If he fails with both bat n gloves .....we might not see him again for which also Pant has to perform. If pant doesnt perform n so does DK fail, DK might still live on for a series or two.
Now the career which still has oxygen left in them and wud only be under threat if they do badly in england but just under threat
1. Dhawan the test cricketer- he aint going anywere
2. Ishant sharma- All he has to do is bowl that one gr8 spell n he ll be their to play his 100 test, leave ur hopes he aint going anywhere till aussie tour ends. Yes a failure on both tour will lead him to be dropped .
3. Pujara- A failure in england wud only mean he might be only seen in subcontinent where his place cnt be questioned but cnt say with kohli.
4. Shami- Same as Ishant sharma. Need atleast 2 bad tours
5. Ashwin- Will have the same fate as pujara if he fails actually a lil better as his batting might come to rescue him.
6. Jadeja- If kuldeep does well he might have to compete with ashwin in future for 2nd spinner spot overseas. At home his place cnt be questioned.
Ankit_sharma03 got a reaction from _ramkumar for an article, Would you experiment with Hardik Pandya at No 6 In ODIs?
1. To fit Pandya in 11- We all want Pandya to play as we have high hopes on him. But in current scenario where our main bowlers are rested we can't play him as 5th bowler. I don't think so Pandya at this stage can give you 10 overs every match as a bowler and none of the top batsman bowl. Raina is out and Mandeep and Jadhav don't bowl as well. So basically if we play Pandya, we are risking the 5th bowler. Pandya as 5th bowler becomes more risky as our best bowlers like Shami, Ashwin, Jadeja, Bhuvi all are rested and there is huge inexperience in bowling lineup. So if anyone of main bowler have an off day and Pandya can't give us 10 over well well we are really going to struggle .
2. Raina at 6 wasn't good either in case of collapse- Another thing what worries with the idea what if top order collapses . Well when did Raina bailed us out of collapse , hardly very few instances. So even in case of collapse what better Raina would do than Pandya.
3. Responsibility makes u grow- Batting Panyda at 6 will give him more balls and responsibility to put a price on wkt. Best way to improve batting is to bat up the order. Even in case of Jadeja n Raina i always believed their batting regressed coz of batting at that spot. Pandya did show he can put a price on his wicket in Australia A tour .
4. Dew and inexperienced bowling lineup - Most matches are in north in winter so there would be dew for sure and we have extremely inexperienced bowling lineup so a 6th bowler is must in such scenario. In case of dew the spinners are almost out of the game.
5. Adding Jadhav would solve no purpose- We already have Mishra and Bumrah who are liabilities in field and minus 2 assets like Jadeja and Raina in field . That bowling lineup needs to to be backed by fielding so Adding pandya to field makes more sense than Jadhav. Also do we see Jadhav playing in 2019,well no way. These days we can't have so many liabilities in field.
6. Pandya, Axar, Yadav, Mishra- well the tail doesn't look that week, all these guys can bat and certainly all can make 50s for sure.
7. Pandya being looked on as test all rounder- well if we are looking to make Pandya as test all rounder and make him bat at 6, well we have to trust him at 6 in ODIs to then.