All news about IPL

SachDan

"Making more money and spending most of the year with family by playing in the IPL instead of for players' respective country could start to look pretty attractive to some blokes and lot of cricketers around the world will look at it that way. "And if there are potential stars of Test or one-day cricket who might have any sort of thoughts like that, I think it is really dangerous for the game. "The amount of money being bandied around here and the amount of money and power the Indian board, the BCCI, has, who knows how cricket administration worldwide is going to pan out," "More than 20 Pakistan players have signed with the ICL and IPL. All those guys who signed with the ICL, which make up a big chunk, can no longer represent their country, so it's getting to a dangerous point already,"
I dont know how many here understand the gravity of Ponting's statements. This isnt just a run-of-the-mill series of lines, given out spontaneously in a press conference. Each and every word of his was carefully thought out, with a hidden message meant for the appropriate audience. Ponting has just given out a warning shot, first to CA and then to ICC, that if they arent going to reform the game and distribute the riches better amongst the players, we may all, in the very not-so-distant future, may see mass players desertions, from their national squads to the 6 week-long IPL. Him repeatedly alluding to Pakistan's case and how the PCB have lost valuable players clearly means one thing - " CA, If you arent going to significantly increase our contract money, you might just see the Pakistan experience replicated in Australia too". ALREADY, the cricket world lost Bond to ICL and tempted Fleming into a mildly premature retirement. At this rate, soon, the ICC could become irrelevant, with most of the star players turning out for the IPL. The only other solution is for the ICC to create a dedicated window in every calender year for IPL/ICL tournaments. Depending how successful IPL is, ICC needs to make its moves REAL quick, if it wants to hold in to its position as the guardian/boss of world cricket. Ultimately, people will watch matches which involves the stars. It doesnt matter to them whether its an ICC event or an ICL/IPL event. And the sponsors will go where the audience is. ICC, Beware !

I dont know how many here understand the gravity of Ponting's statements. This isnt just a run-of-the-mill series of lines, given out spontaneously in a press conference. Each and every word of his was carefully thought out, with a hidden message meant for the appropriate audience. Ponting has just given out a warning shot, first to CA and then to ICC, that if they arent going to reform the game and distribute the riches better amongst the players, we may all, in the very not-so-distant future, may see mass players desertions, from their national squads to the 6 week-long IPL. Him repeatedly alluding to Pakistan's case and how the PCB have lost valuable players clearly means one thing - " CA, If you arent going to significantly increase our contract money, you might just see the Pakistan experience replicated in Australia too". ALREADY, the cricket world lost Bond to ICL and tempted Fleming into a mildly premature retirement. At this rate, soon, the ICC could become irrelevant, with most of the star players turning out for the IPL. The only other solution is for the ICC to create a dedicated window in every calender year for IPL/ICL tournaments. Depending how successful IPL is, ICC needs to make its moves REAL quick, if it wants to hold in to its position as the guardian/boss of world cricket. Ultimately, people will watch matches which involves the stars. It doesnt matter to them whether its an ICC event or an ICL/IPL event. And the sponsors will go where the audience is. ICC, Beware !
i know what u mean and I think banning players who play for ICL is not the right thing to do. As for ponting , he didnt care this much about CA, ICC or world cricket till couple of days ago

hmmm still no aussies coming to his defense.... maybe aussies have also given up on this mental case...:haha::haha: But seriously, this guy is a total looser. first he blames CA to let himself and his players to play in IPL. Then he complains about how much less money he will be getting and virtually threatens Symmo who is the highest paid Aussie cricketer in IPL. And now he is blaming ICC to do something or they will loose their star players to IPL/ICL...

hmmm still no aussies coming to his defense.... maybe aussies have also given up on this mental case...:haha::haha: But seriously, this guy is a total looser. first he blames CA to let himself and his players to play in IPL. Then he complains about how much less money he will be getting and virtually threatens Symmo who is the highest paid Aussie cricketer in IPL. And now he is blaming ICC to do something or they will loose their star players to IPL/ICL...
absolutely

LOL!! The inferiority complex rears its head once again! This is unbelievable, it started out as a bit of a joke, but now I generally believe it! I can just imagine you Indians, searching the net all day long for something Ponting or another Australian said that might be slightly controversial. Clicking refresh, hoping for a new article.. Not my idea of living, but whatever floats your boat. And I don't see what was so bad about what he said, if there isn't a window created then there could be a player drain. What is wrong with that?