The French Open 2017

Cricketics

Federer certainly has it this time around. I just hope that 2 month break did him good, because though skipping clay has given him rest, it certainly has spoilt the momentum which he had from achieving the ao open and sunshine double. So he needs to continue where he left off and adopt the same backhand, cuz its his backhand which has been his problem throughout, compared to other top players his use of his backhand was considered average.

And yeah, Wimbledon isn't wawrinkas cup of tea, as much as I'd like him to achieve a career grand slam. But if he did, he'd probably be the weakest player in history to achieve a career grand slam, that too without even being No.1. The guy's inconsistent. Murray deserves it before him.

2 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

Federer certainly has it this time around. I just hope that 2 month break did him good, because though skipping clay has given him rest, it certainly has spoilt the momentum which he had from achieving the ao open and sunshine double. So he needs to continue where he left off and adopt the same backhand, cuz its his backhand which has been his problem throughout, compared to other top players his use of his backhand was considered average.

Thats why Federer is playing 2 lead-up tournaments to Wimbledon instead of the 1 most players (and him included) play normally. 

IMO, all he is lacking right now, is match practice. He will get minimum 2 matches before wimbledon and a maximum of 9 matches before Wimbledon. Its unlikely that he will lose in the first round of both, so i'd say he's gonna come in with match practice.

His decision to play the Hopman cup before AO was a stroke of genius- because it guaranteed he'd play 3 singles matches at the bare minimum, thus getting him match-fit. 

His 2 tourney lead-up to Wimbledon is designed to provide the same opportunity.

2 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

And yeah, Wimbledon isn't wawrinkas cup of tea, as much as I'd like him to achieve a career grand slam. But if he did, he'd probably be the weakest player in history to achieve a career grand slam, that too without even being No.1. The guy's inconsistent. Murray deserves it before him.

There has to be something said about being clutch- thats the only reason why Wawrinka has the same number of slams than Murray and has the opportunity to pull ahead on Sunday. 

Yes, he is the weakest player, in pure game mechanics, to win 3 slams and a possible career GS. But you have to hand it to players like Wawrinka, who have like 5-19 record vs Djokovic and 3 of his 5 victories coming in the finals, with another at the semis. Sometimes, you have to just simply seize your moment. And Wawrinka does that better than anyone else in tennis today. 

Before, it used to be someone like Wilander- who won 7 grand slams before becoming world #1 and had a losing record vs practically every top tennis player. Now, its Wawrinka.

Stan better turn up for the finals. Gotta feeling Stan can beat Nadal even on clay.

Both big match players. Rafa and Stan both unbeaten in French open finals. One streak gonna end.

If Stan's Forehand can find the range it will be a repeat of AO2014 Australian open final .

Stan should have straight setted Murray only for choking it went to a 5 setter.

My prediction: Stan in 4

Edited by kumar713

Regarding Djokovic, only time will tell what really happened to him. Whether it was a temporary fall or real decline.

Maybe Jelena giving birth to their second child might be the right time for him.

We all know what happened when Stefan was born :nice: Expecting their child around US open :hmmm:

Nole will be back.  Tennis need Nole to compete with Federer Nadal in Grand slams.

Tennis won't be the same when these 3 retires though. Even though i am a Nadal hater he has done so much to tennis.

Definitely will miss these 3 :sad: 

Next Generation is on the rise too. Interesting times ahead :popcorn:

French open final to get underway in another 15 mins :popcorn:

Nothing pumps me up than watching a grand slam final on a Sunday evening. Missing Nole though.

Wawrinka can out hit Nadal from the back of the court. His forehand can do damage if it fires.

Hoping for a great final. Go Stan.

On 6/11/2017 at 1:33 PM, vamos_rafa said:

Dont get the hate people have for Rafa. Dont post much nowadays but people here just scheme about how to make him lose.

Nonetheless it's a great year till now for both Rafa and Roger and we should be thankful to gods for that!

I don't hate him, just like to see someone else win. I am federer fan who appreciates rafa.

Class player and a legend of the game.

Its like Ponting and Tendulkar for me. I loved Tendulkar but also enjoyed Ponting. 

12 hours ago, Cricketics said:

I don't hate him, just like to see someone else win. I am federer fan who appreciates rafa.

Class player and a legend of the game.

Its like Ponting and Tendulkar for me. I loved Tendulkar but also enjoyed Ponting. 

Me too. Am a Federer fan but never really disliked Rafa. 
I just don't like the fake-ness of Djokovic and the entitled a-hole attitude of Murray. Beyond them, all the top players are true sports and gentlemen.