Ravi Shastri to pitch for Bharath Arun as bowling coach despite Zaheer Khan's presence

To be fair usually Goras are worse when they bring in their no name buddies as support staff.

Having said that appointment of leaving a long gap after Fletcher giving Shastri a taste of this chilled out job, then hiring Kumble overriding everything and now hiring back Shastri are all  wrong as mentioned million times already.

But when you go with someone might as well give him the Full Monty :giggle: or authority...first neither Zak nor Dravid are full time and only consulting which itself is like giving them a lot of money without full accountability.

Then tenure for Kumble ends but Bangar and Sridhar seem to be going on and on and on.

Shastri is appointed with all these other layers around him.

Just give Shastri the full accountability and let him get his own support.

Everyone is coming across like a clown in this scenario.

53 minutes ago, asterix said:

Gangu Dada has screwed up (and not for the first time)... when he's appointed the Coach (only mandated to select a coach and no support staff), the Coach is entitled to select his own support staff whom he's going to work with..

even last ganguly was the one who started it all,last year hi bana dete shahstri ko itni dramebaazi na hoti,big egos especially ganguly 

3 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

even last ganguly was the one who started it all,last year hi bana dete shahstri ko itni dramebaazi na hoti,big egos especially ganguly 

Gangulys job is to pick the best coach not pick kohli sachins buddy as coach. he fought for it and lost of Kohli/Sachin combo. Shastri plotted Kumbles exit this is pathetic, Dravid and Zak are next i guess.

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

Gangulys job is to pick the best coach not pick kohli sachins buddy as coach. he fought for it and lost of Kohli/Sachin combo. Shastri plotted Kumbles exit this is pathetic, Dravid and Zak are next i guess.

as if ganguly was a saint during his time as captain,he pretty much got what he wanted even guru greg was his choice lol

give the captain what he is seeking otherwise we see what happened with kumble

If Zaheer can't give the full time of 250 days, they should've selected someone who can. What is this nonsense of both coach and consultant. The CAC proved to be inadequate. If you can't fill the positions properly, resign and let someone competent do it.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

Like Sehwag :giggle: He was pitching for Sehwag. And in the past he had some great choice of coach like Greg Chapel and Kumble. :cantstop:

1 hour ago, SK_IH said:

as if ganguly was a saint during his time as captain,he pretty much got what he wanted even guru greg was his choice lol

give the captain what he is seeking otherwise we see what happened with kumble

Ganguly playing days have no relevance in this case. He did his job, but was vetoed by the Captain and Sachin. so yeah there you have it. Shastri/Kohli have to perform now they have all that they wanted.

6 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Like Sehwag :giggle: He was pitching for Sehwag. And in the past he had some great choice of coach like Greg Chapel and Kumble. :cantstop:

Kumble was good. He needed some one to do the 'man management', may be they can still make Kumble the 'team director' on top of Shastri..that would be good. :)

http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/ipl-2016-ravi-shastri-interview-commentator-those-days-i-was-at-night-club-at-oberoi-till-2-am-next-day-100-then-back-at-oberoi/

The whole interview is so cringe-worthy. I think he was highly spirited when gave this. All about beer, booze, party, escapades with U-19 buddies.

Yeah, yeah. We used to jump over the bloody gate. Go to Koshy’s (restaurant) at the back there. And one day Vishy was sitting there. He is my childhood hero. Jaake hello kiya lekin phir baaju mein jaake beer bulaya. (Laughter) (we went and said hello, then went to a corner and ordered beer). Me and (Bharat) Arun (the current bowling coach).

I was U-19, and was having beer up in the dormitory yaar. So the warden came and asked me, “What are you doing?” And he took the bottle. He groaned, “Bottle, lager, you are having.” And he was taking the bottle away. So I said, “Ehhh..there’s half left.” I poured it into my glass and said, “Now, here take the bottle.” So he went and gave it to Nagaraj (former BCCI and KSCA secretary from 1978) . So I was summoned. He said, “Young man, what have you to say?” I was 17, 18 at that time. I said, “I drink with my father, the man I respect the most. If I have to have a drink I have it with him. I am not hiding and doing.” Then I said, “These boys were having it with me.” And I was the captain. “No, no you should not be drinking,” Nagraj said. I said, “Sorry about that.” But didn’t hold back one bit.

There is a story of how you opened for the first time. Gavaskar knocked the door, you were drinking with a team-mate and told you will be opening. You stopped drinking immediately…

That was in Pakistan. That’s the first Test. But again I took it as a challenge. The moment Gavaskar said opening, I said ‘Brilliant’. Because everyone f****d up. Imran had 40, 35 wickets by that time. Sarfaraz had 38 in the series. So if you go and get runs, brilliant.

People say that. I knew I would have been one. Because you had won everything here yaar. If you look at domestically, I had captained teams that had Dileep (Vengsarkar), Sunny (Gavaskar), Sandeep (Patil), Anshu (Gaekwad), everyone in my team. And you win the West Zone man. I’m talking of when you’re 24-25 years of age. If you could handle those sorts of guys, what is India man?

Guy is a nut-case and how can these senior guys give the coach job to this guy, is a mystery. This is what I call a Mumbai-Lobby. Sachin, Gavaskar vouching for this douche! Didn't have an iota of talent, was persisted by the likes of Gavaskar even with such a negative image..and is still making merry over Indian ATGs like Kumble, What a Travesty!

Edited by coffee_rules
http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/ipl-2016-ravi-shastri-interview-commentator-those-days-i-was-at-night-club-at-oberoi-till-2-am-next-day-100-then-back-at-oberoi/

The whole interview is so cringe-worthy. I think he was highly spirited when gave this. All about beer, booze, party, escapades with U-19 buddies.

Yeah, yeah. We used to jump over the bloody gate. Go to Koshy’s (restaurant) at the back there. And one day Vishy was sitting there. He is my childhood hero. Jaake hello kiya lekin phir baaju mein jaake beer bulaya. (Laughter) (we went and said hello, then went to a corner and ordered beer). Me and (Bharat) Arun (the current bowling coach).

I was U-19, and was having beer up in the dormitory yaar. So the warden came and asked me, “What are you doing?” And he took the bottle. He groaned, “Bottle, lager, you are having.” And he was taking the bottle away. So I said, “Ehhh..there’s half left.” I poured it into my glass and said, “Now, here take the bottle.” So he went and gave it to Nagaraj (former BCCI and KSCA secretary from 1978) . So I was summoned. He said, “Young man, what have you to say?” I was 17, 18 at that time. I said, “I drink with my father, the man I respect the most. If I have to have a drink I have it with him. I am not hiding and doing.” Then I said, “These boys were having it with me.” And I was the captain. “No, no you should not be drinking,” Nagraj said. I said, “Sorry about that.” But didn’t hold back one bit.

There is a story of how you opened for the first time. Gavaskar knocked the door, you were drinking with a team-mate and told you will be opening. You stopped drinking immediately…

That was in Pakistan. That’s the first Test. But again I took it as a challenge. The moment Gavaskar said opening, I said ‘Brilliant’. Because everyone f****d up. Imran had 40, 35 wickets by that time. Sarfaraz had 38 in the series. So if you go and get runs, brilliant.

People say that. I knew I would have been one. Because you had won everything here yaar. If you look at domestically, I had captained teams that had Dileep (Vengsarkar), Sunny (Gavaskar), Sandeep (Patil), Anshu (Gaekwad), everyone in my team. And you win the West Zone man. I’m talking of when you’re 24-25 years of age. If you could handle those sorts of guys, what is India man?

Guy is a nut-case and how can these senior guys give the coach job to this guy, is a mystery. This is what I call a Mumbai-Lobby. Sachin, Gavaskar vouching for this douche! Didn't have an iota of talent, was persisted by the likes of Gavaskar even with such a negative image..and is still making merry over Indian ATGs like Kumble, What a Travesty!

Cannot blame Mumbai lobby if the captain himself wants him as coach... so you know whom to blame for all this drama...

12 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Ganguly playing days have no relevance in this case. He did his job, but was vetoed by the Captain and Sachin. so yeah there you have it. Shastri/Kohli have to perform now they have all that they wanted.

why no relevance,why these cricketers forget their past , would ganguly have liked this kind of things forced on him,when he was captain?