Ravi Shastri to pitch for Bharath Arun as bowling coach despite Zaheer Khan's presence

What a disgrace this is turning into. And we blame politicians/bureaucrats for every mess in BCCI. I mean these cricketers have supposedly earned everything that is needed in life(money, respect, adulation) and still they behave so unprofessionally. This is a big change in culture from Dhoni to Kohli. Aggression has turned into arrogance due to huge fan support and brand value. And with the intervention of supreme court in BCCI it has become open ground for everyone to acquire all the power/money as much as they can. What sad state of affairs. 

4 hours ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

hey guys if I want to start watching football where do I start... please help me, I want to convert with immediate effect. 

Start with a season of EPL, then champions league and then give a try to Spanish Italian and German leagues. Will keep you occupied for most days of the year.

27 minutes ago, motomaverick said:

Am sick of this chewtiyapa already. Why does the team even need a coach? Back in the 92 world cup, I remember Zimbabwe had Dave Houghton as their captain plus coach.

Might as well appoint Anshuman Gaekwad or Lalchand Rajput over this bewda.

Could have just done that. Would be simple, and get consultants when needed for any technical issues.

3 hours ago, asterix said:

Guy is a nut-case and how can these senior guys give the coach job to this guy, is a mystery. This is what I call a Mumbai-Lobby. Sachin, Gavaskar vouching for this douche! Didn't have an iota of talent, was persisted by the likes of Gavaskar even with such a negative image..and is still making merry over Indian ATGs like Kumble, What a Travesty!

Cannot blame Mumbai lobby if the captain himself wants him as coach... so you know whom to blame for all this drama...

its fugly man, reprehensible character. Indian team might loose some following during his tenure.

Seriously this kohli-shastri combo is going to ruin indian cricket.They want all the powers in their hands.They care only about getting their favourite player/staff in tema at any cost.I m already losing my interest in watching Indian team. I never thought that I will be missing dhoni as captain.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Jon_Snow said:

Seriously this kohli-shastri combo is going to ruin indian cricket.They want all the powers in their hands.They care only about getting their favourite player/staff in tema at any cost.I m already losing my interest in watching Indian team. I never thought that I will be missing dhoni as captain.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Everyone thinks Indian cricket is their bapu di zagheer. You think people who are not performing will ever be dropped, new guys will be given chance to perform? THey might just wait till 2019 first round exit, and thats time when everyone will fall on their face. We are so moving backward. Series loss to Australia, Test Whitewash against SA, WHitewash ODI series against South Africa on the way for you. 

To be honest its not a bad move

As arun was someone decent who atleast never asked bowlers to drop their pace and always had good feedbacks about him. 

Always need someone to keep players basic in check and zaheer khan can come n share hi international exp

Now that there is going to be so much of staff atleast they shud look to develop a huge pool of players together 

54 minutes ago, Pollack said:

And tendulkar has been backed to back Shastri by Kohli, the mastermind.

Keep pretending  this was not masterminded by Kohli and Shastri.

So are you saying tendulkar is manmohan Singh of Indian cricket ? No individuality No logical thinking.

Edited by gattaca
14 minutes ago, gattaca said:

So are you saying tendulkar is manmohan Singh of Indian cricket ? No individuality No logical thinking.

Yes. Sachin always choose the path of least resistance in personal life. Have you ever see him speaking against or for anything controversial?

But he is thinking logically only. Not just him all three members were forced to do the logical thing. The logical thing was to give captain and players coach they want to avoid further Kohli-kumble saga.This is the reason inspite of no clear mandate amongst CAC members they settled on Ravi Shastri. 

Yes. Sachin always choose the path of least resistance in personal life. Have you ever see him speaking against or for anything controversial?

But he is thinking logically only. Not just him all three members were forced to do the logical thing. The logical thing was to give captain and players coach they want to avoid further Kohli-kumble saga.This is the reason inspite of no clear mandate amongst CAC members they settled on Ravi Shastri. 

The next logical step is to resign from CAC as they are of no value... every thing can be done asking the Captain to keep him and players happy.

I hope they are not drawing any salaries as CAC. Looks like ornamental hyped up post and good for nothing...

But I know they'll not resign... Atleast Sachin is active in CAC, not like Raja Sabha...

10 minutes ago, asterix said:

The next logical step is to resign from CAC as they are of no value... every thing can be done asking the Captain to keep him and players happy.

I hope they are not drawing any salaries as CAC. Looks like ornamental hyped up post and good for nothing...

But I know they'll not resign... Atleast Sachin is active in CAC, not like Raja Sabha...

Its not like CAC did not try. Last time too before selection of Coach reports were in media regarding Kohli and co wanting Shastri to continue now as a coach. But CAC decided to go with Kumble. Result is for everyone to see. The whole setup was a mess right from the beginning. The most to be blamed here is captain. No captain should decide who should be coach. He should only decide if he is okay working with selected coach. Or he can share his views to selection panel regarding the 'kind' of coach he would like to work with. That's it. 

Its not like CAC did not try. Last time too before selection of Coach reports were in media regarding Kohli and co wanting Shastri to continue now as a coach. But CAC decided to go with Kumble. Result is for everyone to see. The whole setup was a mess right from the beginning. The most to be blamed here is captain. No captain should decide who should be coach. He should only decide if he is okay working with selected coach. Or he can share his views to selection panel regarding the 'kind' of coach he would like to work with. That's it. 

Whatever it is.. if they've little bit of self respect left, they should resign...