Islam/Muslims discussion thread

Haarkarjeetgaye

2 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

I was asking about people commenting on you.

@mariyam

I know. I was just loafing around. :p

You mean besides the millions of likes I get for most of my pics? :p:

I don't really have people on my list who would make these kind of comments. And if they did, they wouldn't be on my list much longer.

However, I do not deny that such people exist. They do. And quite a lot of them are well qualified. 

8 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Specious logic and a poor comparison.

The crime here is the assault. Not uttering 'Bharat Mata ki jai' is not a crime.

The issue that *some* Muslims have with saying 'Bharat Mata ki Jai' is with the mata part. Its the deifying of the 'mata' that they object to.

I don't think anyone has an issue saying Jai Hind, or India Zindabad or Hail Mogambo or whatever.

From a strategic PoV, for me, the murkier issue is that many folks have developed a mindset about not uttering those words, and that too when it is about their own nation 

People can be slapped for a variety of reasons 

Edited by zen

6 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Specious logic and a poor comparison.

The crime here is the assault. Not uttering 'Bharat Mata ki jai' is not a crime.

The issue that *some* Muslims have with saying 'Bharat Mata ki Jai' is with the mata part. Its the deifying of the 'mata' that they object to.

I don't think anyone has an issue saying Jai Hind, or India Zindabad or Hail Mogambo or whatever.

I am with you Mariyam. This assault is pathetic and should be condemned and hopefully the guilty are put behind the bar

but I have a question. Why not just say it and get it over with, specially when you are stuck in a sutatuion like this. No need to keep religion on you chest, be smart and say it. These gundas are not asking to insult Islam or their family. 

I am from Haryana and I know how the jaat mentality works. Again i am not defending the goons, I am just saying that some Muslim folks need not to keep the religion card on their chest all the times. 

It's an everyday and normalized thing in India now. Peripheral media still reports such incidents.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/mentally-challenged-muslim-thrashed-on-suspicion-of-being-a-cattle-thief-4758493/

Daily slaughter of Muslims is well under way where they have to cower to hide identities and remove any distinguishing marks while moving around in public. There is no stopping the Hindutva terrorists who run a powerful nation through democracy and not through dictatorship.

19 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

Using mata is offensive, even to a Hindu like me. There is no motherland. There is a country. Motherland is used by politicians to sell death to innocent soldiers.

Unless people suddenly woke up from a long sleep, they should know that the concept of Motherland and Fatherland. For example:

• Mother Russia
  • France: Mère Patrie
  • And ofc Bharat Mata

Tomorrow, you may find  "mother tongue" offensive too :rolleyes:

Anyways, continue the comedy .... 

Edited by zen

19 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

Using mata is offensive, even to a Hindu like me. There is no motherland. There is a country. Motherland is used by politicians to sell death to innocent soldiers.

mata/motherland is offensive....huh? were you born yesterday or what? 

1 minute ago, zen said:

Unless people suddenly woke up from a long sleep, they should know that the concept of Motherland and Fatherland is ancient. For example:

• Mother Russia
  • France: a mère patrie
  • And ofc Bharat Mata

Tomorrow, you will find "mother tongue" offensive too :rolleyes:

Anyways, continue the comedy .... 

everything ancient it not right. Nothing is comparable to a mother. That may be comedy for you. 

4 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

everything ancient it not right. Nothing is comparable to a mother. That may be comedy for you. 

Comedy time: For you, your mother is incomparable. By that logic, your mother would feel the same about her mother, and so on. So which one is truly incomparable?

In a broader sense, we are all the sons and daughters of the same land 

Edited by zen

6 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

It is offensive to me. If it is not to you, please go ahead and keep saying it.

Tomorrow, you will say that the concept of nation is offensive to you. In Ind, ppl drive on the left. May be you want to know drive on the different side of the road .... Please don't go around spewing nonsense on concepts that are in place for centuries .... We need to operate within accepted parameters 

Edited by zen

Just now, zen said:

Comedy time: For you, your mother is incomparable. By that logic, your mother would feel the same about her mother, and so on

We are all the sons and daughters of the same land 

Whats comedy time in the first line. It is true and that is how it should be. 

which same land? earth ? India? Hindu Muslims Sikhs Parsis Jews Tamils Christians  - all same land?

You are free to call it comedy time. Keep saying mata wherever you want. Dont justify in front of others to use it. simple

Just now, zen said:

Tomorrow, you will say that the concept of nation is offensive to you. Please don't go around spewing nonsense on concepts that are in place for centuries .... We need to operate within accepted parameters 

when I will say that, come and defend it. For now dont push others to use mata.

11 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

Whats comedy time in the first line. It is true and that is how it should be. 

which same land? earth ? India? Hindu Muslims Sikhs Parsis Jews Tamils Christians  - all same land?

You are free to call it comedy time. Keep saying mata wherever you want. Dont justify in front of others to use it. simple

11 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

when I will say that, come and defend it. For now dont push others to use mata.

Huh! these are standard concepts .... many in Saudi Arabia refer it as their Motherland ....  below is a nice t-shirt:

Hoodie-Black-zbjacoczxhbtnxvleuok.jpg

Edited by zen

1 minute ago, zen said:

Huh! these are standard concepts .... even Saudi Arabia refers itself as Motherland .... You are free to buy this t-shirt:

Hoodie-Black-zbjacoczxhbtnxvleuok.jpg

It may be perfect for you. You love the word motherland also. It will help propagate that word. Give it a shot and see how it feels. share your experience. then will think about it.