Pakistan fast bowling factory

On 9/29/2017 at 9:28 AM, MultiB48 said:

i remember riaz afridis's debut ,couldnt even touch 130k

this guy is younger brother of Riaz Afridi but definitely luks better prospect...

Just got 8for in First Class debut inng; Best ever Pak FC debut stats...

+ a good hitter ;)

4 minutes ago, Asim said:

this guy is younger brother of Riaz Afridi but definitely luks better prospect...

Just got 8for in First Class debut inng; Best ever Pak FC debut stats...

+ a good hitter ;)

read quite a few articles when he took that haul. one should be careful of one-off performances.

The most notorious for me was this trundler from India called Deepak Chahar (took 12 wkts on debut including 8-10) at the age of 18. Some hailed him as the upcoming god of Swing but he turned out to be a completely useless bowler

20 hours ago, Vijy said:

read quite a few articles when he took that haul. one should be careful of one-off performances.

The most notorious for me was this trundler from India called Deepak Chahar (took 12 wkts on debut including 8-10) at the age of 18. Some hailed him as the upcoming god of Swing but he turned out to be a completely useless bowler

he has not been useless at all. He was bowling 120-125 KPH at that and he decided that he want to be a fast bowler and worked on his pace and now bowls at 135-140KPH. Swing along is not going to make a fast bowler last long.

4 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

do you know which brand of ball is used in your domestic cricket?

They use a local desi-made balls called "Grays".   Fall apart in 20-25 overs, given the abrasive ground conditions.  Its the main reason why most Pakistani "pacers" have insanely good FC statistics - averages in low 20s etc.   Their "mastery" of a ball in bad condition is achieved over years of practice at the domestic level.  But also ends up cultivating a dependency on ball condition that is erm, difficult to replicate, at the international level - what with cameras and all.  Hence the temptation for their players to bite the ball. or the Pitch.  

On 10/1/2017 at 11:43 PM, Vijy said:

This is an exaggeration as rkt has mentioned chahar has tried to improve, not everyone is cutout for international cricket.  His efforts to add pace must be recognized 

/\ I think I know the reason why Mudassir is getting that zip.I remember as a kid, we used to get the same zip when we used to play with the harder plastic ball, on tiled concrete. Also, Mudassir is not necessarily quick, he is just running in very quick and that is giving this illusion. 

Although, I must say that I am impressed by Mudassir. Its obvious that at this point of his life, he is pumped up and giving it his all. This is the time Pakistan need to inject him in, atleast in T20's. I tell you what, he is 5 times the bowler that overhyped waste Md Amir is.

Even the 2nd bowler I feel is benefitting from the same reason, hard ball and an equally hard pitch.

25 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

synthetic deuce balls on concrete surfaces used to fly .... , it's a smart thing that they do that is if they do it intentionally ,it encourages the quicker bowlers and makes it harder to hit the quicker bowlers, in ind if you try to bowl quicker around 135-140 then the ball comes on very nicely onto the bat and run scoring becomes easier ,it is better to bowl 119 120 k on these slow pitches then the ball stops and comes disturbing the rhythm of the bat swing and timing.

Yes, it is. Also, it will be an advantage to the batsmen when they travel to South Africa and Australia. They will be used to the bounce.