US Open 2017-28th AUG to 10th SEP

sourab10forever

Love the brutally honest interview of Federer post his loss. 

He simply said that its better Delpotro or someone else go to semis since he himself is not playing well enough to beat Nadal or someone else and win the championship. He also said something really important. He said that during this US Open, for the first time he felt that a good player might come eventually to stop his run. That is what Del Portro did. Federer said that he never felt like this during Australian Open or Wimbledon as he was playing really well there. You could see by the time q/f at US Open came, he had already had couple of 5 setters. 

I loved that interview of Federer and so honest. Champion and class act even in defeat.

Regarding the finals, I think Nadal wil win, but I want Anderson to win. I hope Anderson gets his first slam. He reminds me of CILIC from few seasons ago who served so well and surprised everyone and won the US Open. Anderson has already had about 110 aces already in this tournament and serving well. Hopefully he conquers Nadal.

Sham of an Open. Let's admit it, Nadal vultured his way to the title without facing a top 20 seed(1st time since 2000 W, Sampras). This was playing like clay, how can a HC play this slow and with so much bounce? Fed had this in the bag but got greedy to play in Montreal without sufficient warm up and paid the price. USO is cursed for Federer, 2009 F choke, 2010 SF choke, 2011 SF lucky return by Nole, 2014 against GOATing Cilic, 2015 F mega choke where he had a 4/24 BP conversion........Torture for us Fed fans.

Nadal's USO record is the most undeserved stat in open era tennis. Consider this, he has more USO(3) since 2010 than Nole and Fed combined(2), who are both much better on HC than him. I would say only his 2013 USO triumph was deserved because he was on fire that American swing season. Both 2010 and 2017 USO wins by him are purely based on luck and not merit. Hope Nole is back to his best next year( the game needs prime Nole all the more after this disaster of a season) and the young guns like Zverev, Kyrgios, Thiem, Shapovalov step up because the Dimitrov-Nishikori-Monfils generation is done in Slams, period. And eff off Murray, if not for his blatant cheating by pulling out after the draw, things may have panned so differently. Hope that clown never takes off again. 

7 hours ago, Gollum said:

Sham of an Open. Let's admit it, Nadal vultured his way to the title without facing a top 20 seed(1st time since 2000 W, Sampras). This was playing like clay, how can a HC play this slow and with so much bounce? Fed had this in the bag but got greedy to play in Montreal without sufficient warm up and paid the price. USO is cursed for Federer, 2009 F choke, 2010 SF choke, 2011 SF lucky return by Nole, 2014 against GOATing Cilic, 2015 F mega choke where he had a 4/24 BP conversion........Torture for us Fed fans.

Nadal's USO record is the most undeserved stat in open era tennis. Consider this, he has more USO(3) since 2010 than Nole and Fed combined(2), who are both much better on HC than him. I would say only his 2013 USO triumph was deserved because he was on fire that American swing season. Both 2010 and 2017 USO wins by him are purely based on luck and not merit. Hope Nole is back to his best next year( the game needs prime Nole all the more after this disaster of a season) and the young guns like Zverev, Kyrgios, Thiem, Shapovalov step up because the Dimitrov-Nishikori-Monfils generation is done in Slams, period. And eff off Murray, if not for his blatant cheating by pulling out after the draw, things may have panned so differently. Hope that clown never takes off again. 

One could last a lifetime with that amount of salt, stay pressed! :giggle: