Dhoni: when will the torture end???

maniac

What a hypocrite. He got a chance to become the captain after the seniors decided to let youngsters play in this format.

He then ended up with conspiring to throw them out with nation comes first bs.

Then he ends up leeching on to the side despite being way over the hill and being a 100 years old 

This guy is the most manufactured star ever.

Edited by maniac
40 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

I feel the Dhoni hate is not justified.sure he should not be playing T20s but his successors are widely inconsistent,you cant rely on Dk and Pant for 2 measly consistent innings. the selectors will keep picking him until one of of Dk or Pant can show they can score consistently.

FFS I would rather have Pant in the T20I who hits 15 off 6 than Dhoni who hits 30 off 40.

1 hour ago, cowboysfan said:

I feel the Dhoni hate is not justified.sure he should not be playing T20s but his successors are widely inconsistent,you cant rely on Dk and Pant for 2 measly consistent innings. the selectors will keep picking him until one of of Dk or Pant can show they can score consistently.

In t20s, 100 or 130, both are match losing team scores. 

8 hours ago, maniac said:

What a hypocrite. He got a chance to become the captain after the seniors decided to let youngsters play in this format.

He then ended up with conspiring to throw them out with nation comes first bs.

Then he ends up leeching on to the side despite being way over the hill and being a 100 years old 

This guy is the most manufactured star ever.

He's one for politics, I'm sure.

2 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

run scoring will never be a problem with Dhoni. Its the manner in which he gets those runs. His support cast act of playing ultra defensively in the name of staying their till the end will not suffice against the likes of Eng. Didnt youbtear your hair out last year at Lords ffs. He cant hit in the end now, the Dhoni of old would ahve smashed atleast 4 sixes in the last T20.He cant do that now (gosh dont know how many times I repeated that)

Also regarding Pant, he is an enigma, personally dont like his attitude sometimes, he comes across as too nonchalant and sometimes lost at the start. He is definitely overrated but not WKing and always playing for your position also plays a part. Pant should have been a regular a year back but looks like he wont even be in XI now. 

39 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

how is 15 of 6 going to help in a wining cause?,both Pant and DK have not done enough to ditch Dhoni permanently.

Than why don't we call David ,Sachin and ganguly as non in the middle order scoring consistently. New guys take time we have to give them chance regularly rather than playing one series and than dropping for another 3 series.

56 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

run scoring will never be a problem with Dhoni. Its the manner in which he gets those runs. His support cast act of playing ultra defensively in the name of staying their till the end will not suffice against the likes of Eng. Didnt youbtear your hair out last year at Lords ffs. He cant hit in the end now, the Dhoni of old would ahve smashed atleast 4 sixes in the last T20.He cant do that now (gosh dont know how many times I repeated that)

Also regarding Pant, he is an enigma, personally dont like his attitude sometimes, he comes across as too nonchalant and sometimes lost at the start. He is definitely overrated but not WKing and always playing for your position also plays a part. Pant should have been a regular a year back but looks like he wont even be in XI now. 

Now I got to learn ,Pant is overrated

Tests, onedayers,t20s??

What is the samplesize defined for a player to pass judgement?

If there is one ,plz enlighten us

Tests ,he is been our First keeper who has scored 100s in foreign soil,so leave it

Coming to odis,deep down you know how much has he played?dont you

Same is the case with t20s

howcome, one becomes overrated when he has played way too little 

Im sure you guys wont brand Gill overrated either

4 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Now I got to learn ,Pant is overrated

Tests, onedayers,t20s??

What is the samplesize defined for a player to pass judgement?

If there is one ,plz enlighten us

Tests ,he is been our First keeper who has scored 100s in foreign soil,so leave it

Coming to odis,deep down you know how much has he played?dont you

Same is the case with t20s

howcome, one becomes overrated when he has played way too little 

Im sure you guys wont brand Gill overrated either

relax lol, i thought of him as good someone like Hetmyer but he doesnt come across as good as that.His range is limited at the moment. 

22 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

how is 15 of 6 going to help in a wining cause?,both Pant and DK have not done enough to ditch Dhoni permanently.

I am trying to make the point  that if Pant scored 15 off 6 balls its more invaluable than a Dhoni 30 off 40 as it has used up far less deliveries.

Of course Pant has done enough thats the point I am making. Pant will have good games and bad games. However he can win a match off his own batting. Dhoni can no longer do that.

Edited by beetle
4 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

Since 01 Jan 2018, both Dhoni and DK have similar average (40+, plenty of not outs both), Dhoni's SR is 127 and DK's is 153.

Dhoni doesn't deserve a spot in T20I team, irrespective of how others are playing. He is so bad that part-time-WK + batsman like Jadhav or Rahul will add more value to the team than Dhoni. We don't have to go down that route. DK is already consistent in T20s, Pant has huge potential and one or two good innings will get him going. Just give the gloves to one of them and replace Dhoni with a batsman.

Edited by philcric
19 hours ago, SRT100 said:

I am trying to make the point you * that if Pant scored 15 off 6 balls its more invaluable than a Dhoni 30 off 40 as it has used up far less deliveries.

Of course Pant has done enough thats the point I am making. Pant will have good games and bad games. However he can win a match off his own batting. Dhoni can no longer do that.

can you have a  conversation  without  name calling? are you a teenager? I can't  recall 1 loi  match that Pant  has won on his own ,nothing is stopping him doing so in the next couple  of matches 

Edited by beetle
On 2/26/2019 at 9:52 AM, cowboysfan said:

This is very simplistic logic. Players who are backed habe delivered despite being not very talented. Players who don't have a gauranterd spot and are in and out and on trial will never do well because of insecurity. Even mediocre players like jadeja have done well when backed and given long run while those were weren't failed 

The difference between pant in tests where his spot is gauranterd vs pant in lois where he knows dhonis place is guaranteed and his not, is clear 

4 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

This is very simplistic logic. Players who are backed habe delivered despite being not very talented. Players who don't have a gauranterd spot and are in and out and on trial will never do well because of insecurity. Even mediocre players like jadeja have done well when backed and given long run while those were weren't failed 

The difference between pant in tests where his spot is gauranterd vs pant in lois where he knows dhonis place is guaranteed and his not, is clear 

Absolutley. 

ps thought escaped the torture today but every advert break has roar like a lion trailer with msd like rocky.  Feel like puking