Kohli thanks Inzamam and Miandad ; But fails to acknowledge Gavaskar, Vengsarkar, Vishwanath et al!

AmreekanDesi

1 hour ago, Sean Bradley said:

Virat Kohli has a huge fan following in Pakistan, and there is not harm in mutual admiration, keep the sanghi mentality away from cricket. 

You know though javed miandad and dawood are best buds and probably having drinks with the money he made by killing a few hundred people here ?? Right??

or is that ok with you??? 

Saeed anwar could have been better choice,i think. 

Edited by RAZPOR

6 hours ago, RAZPOR said:

You know though javed miandad and dawood are best buds and probably having drinks with the money he made by killing a few hundred people here ?? Right??

or is that ok with you??? 

Saeed anwar could have been better choice,i think. 

Sachin Tendulkar was an admirer of Javed Miandad too, so does that make him any lesser of a legend or a player? See the difference is you and I hate Javen Miandad for Non- Cricketing reasons, but some one who's played the game in real will have a liking for a him purely for cricketing reasons alone, now the arguments remains, should virat have put Miandads Name on this Sign Board? Probably Not for Political reasons, Personally i never understood the hype around Inzamam Ul Haq, i feel he is highly over rated, but Virat might not think the same, so to each its own.   

Edited by Sean Bradley

3 hours ago, Sean Bradley said:

Sachin Tendulkar was an admirer of Javed Miandad too, so does that make him any lesser of a legend or a player? See the difference is you and I hate Javen Miandad for Non- Cricketing reasons, but some one who's played the game in real will have a liking for a him purely for cricketing reasons alone, now the arguments remains, should virat have put Miandads Name on this Sign Board? Probably Not for Political reasons, Personally i never understood the hype around Inzamam Ul Haq, i feel he is highly over rated, but Virat might not think the same, so to each its own.   

the links between miandad and dawood are relatively recently exposed,so there is that.

I can understand your perspective too ,that he is a cricketer and kohli is just appreciating the cricket,but the opinion that is contrary in this case is also equally valid and probably more so,thats all i would say.

Edited by RAZPOR

On 9/6/2017 at 11:16 AM, Gollum said:

Kohli will be the captain under whom we will lose our WC streak, you read it here folks. Already delivered the biggest sporting massacre since RG 2008 F in the CT finals. By 2020 both our T20 and WC streaks will be sacrificed at the altar of Kohli's PR. He ain't no Sachin.

This guy spoke fact.

respect @Gollum

On 9/6/2017 at 12:21 AM, MCcricket said:

Please take your tainted glasses off, teachers coaches, official capacity, those mentioned have been coaches for IPL, national sides, Gavaskar n Vengsarkar haven't been that.

Mate it was vengsarkar the chairman of selectors back in 2008 that first propagated kohlis name for the national team, the rest of the selectors were not so keen, badrinath and Manoj tiwary were higher in the pecking order.

1 hour ago, Astros said:

This guy spoke fact.

respect @Gollum

@Gollum is a great poster here on this forum with high cricket acumen.

I remember his post in this forum when India was staring at a defeat against Pakistan.
In fact, the first thing that flashed in my mind is his post on ICF saying that the streak will be broken in the captaincy of Kohli.