Kohli and Shastri should develop Pant as they have developed Pandya in last 1 year or so

SK_IH

I think it's safe to say that Dhoni is keeper until 2019, barring a ridiculous drop in form. 

Pant seems to be sidelined at least until after 2019. 

I don't think Pant will get much experience unless Dhoni is rested against weaker teams. 

What are the chances that he plays as a pure batsman?

The way Kohli praised Pandya for his evolution as a batsman since 2016 reminded me of this thread of mine. 

I don't know whom to be more disappointed with the : the inept TM or Rishabh Pant himself. 

I hope Indian cricket make full use of Rishabh Pant's abilities because he has lots of it.

Edited by SK_IH
Just now, SK_IH said:

The way Kohli praised Pandya for his evolution as a batsman since 2016 reminded me of this thread of mine. 

I don't know whom to be more disappointed with the : the inept TM or Rishabh Pant himself. 

I hope Indian cricket make full use of Rishabh Pant's abilities because he had lots of it.

hardik with his value got a good run n backing, kohli cudnt be impulsive with him as there is no option to him . 

Thats what kohli needs to do mark his player back them and this will be a tough phase but they will give returns if he has found the right talent

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

hardik with his value got a good run n backing, kohli cudnt be impulsive with him as there is no option to him . 

Thats what kohli needs to do mark his player back them and this will be a tough phase but they will give returns if he has found the right talent

Kohli has shown the worst foresight in backing & making a cricketer in comparison to both Ganguly & Dhoni. I have made conclusion he doesn't believe in the principle of building players, just want them battle hardened from get go.

1 hour ago, SK_IH said:

I hope Indian cricket make full use of Rishabh Pant's abilities because he has lots of it.

Pant was just about starting to do well when he got hit during the Aus series. TM promptly dumped him and made a full time WK out of Rahul. He may have fared better under a different TM or maybe not, with Afridi level shot selection and poor fitness levels. He has failed to make full use of the opportunities that came his way. He is still young, so he has plenty of time to make a strong comeback 

1 hour ago, SK_IH said:

Kohli has shown the worst foresight in backing & making a cricketer in comparison to both Ganguly & Dhoni. I have made conclusion he doesn't believe in the principle of building players, just want them battle hardened from get go.

they are still doing same

iyer dropped, then picked but made to bat low....this affects anyones confidence

It's unfortunate Pant was dropped for the first game but finally it seems Pant has done enough to be never questioned even in an ODI side.

I don't know if middle order is where he ll stay for long or he ll become an opener but he definitely seems to have cracked the ODI game.

The Pant era has started now even in ODIs, 3 years too late but still worth it.

PS : Pant-Pandya partnership today was something I think most of us were waiting to savour. 

4 hours ago, SK_IH said:

It's unfortunate Pant was dropped for the first game but finally it seems Pant has done enough to be never questioned even in an ODI side.

I don't know if middle order is where he ll stay for long or he ll become an opener but he definitely seems to have cracked the ODI game.

The Pant era has started now even in ODIs, 3 years too late but still worth it.

PS : Pant-Pandya partnership today was something I think most of us were waiting to savour. 

Need to bring Kishan at somewhere in this batting line up, probably as opener or at 5/6. Sending Rahul to open with Rohit.

What an incredible last four months for Pant. From being almost discarded by the TM, selectors and his captain, to a consistent match winner across formats for us.

In Tests, as he settled in the team, he will show his value even further. In LOIs, he is capable of playing much longer innings at that same pace with the same aggression. Should not be satisfied with 60s and 70s. Should aim to be the fiercest short format batsman which he is fully capable of becoming. Best was to see him continuously keep getting fitter. Today he looked almost the same as what he was pre-lockdown.

Plus the calmness he showed during the last overs today amidst the chaos shows a very mature head. I'm sure someone in BCCI is keeping a watch.

31 minutes ago, afan said:

If DC can lift the trophy this year, we may see Pant captaining the T20 Intl matches sooner than later.

DD just dont have the firepower in their squad with Iyer gone unless someone decides to help them with a mid season trade or something

On 3/28/2021 at 3:03 PM, rkt.india said:

Need to bring Kishan at somewhere in this batting line up, probably as opener or at 5/6. Sending Rahul to open with Rohit.

i would like to see SKY earlier than Kishan.  KL and SKY should be either Opening or at #5. Rest of the team selects itself. 

On 4/1/2021 at 9:39 PM, GautiMaan said:

DD just dont have the firepower in their squad with Iyer gone unless someone decides to help them with a mid season trade or something

Iyer didn't bring any firepower. Rahane will be his like for like replacement