Apple closing on 1 trillion market cap !!!

5 hours ago, Number said:

Really puzzling why iPhone sales are down when they are priced at only 1 lac INR.

30% import duty .. smartass Samsung brings the rate down to 10% by assembling the phone in india  

anyway india is still not their main market 

When Iphone came out, it took the world by it's balls. Took me by my balls too. Got me a nice Iphone 4. Was showing that baby off like no tomorrow. Many years later, phone started to slow down. Got me an android, never looked back again on Iphone. For what you pay, you can get a much much much better android phone for way cheaper. Same goes for mac. 

Also, IOS sucks - where is the fun in that?

Edited by Zero_Unit

10 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

It's total shares value. 

Number of shares x current share price. 

10 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Is it its own valuation or a third party one? I can't believe it is valued higher than a country like India's growth rate?

How can a company be valued more than its total addressable market.. Can Apple sales ever cross 1Tr$?

Somebody mentioned that we produce more transistors (billions in each chip) per year than food grains .. Ridiculous

1 hour ago, diga said:

How can a company be valued more than its total addressable market.. Can Apple sales ever cross 1Tr$?

Somebody mentioned that we produce more transistors (billions in each chip) per year than food grains .. Ridiculous

Why sales need to be more than 1 trillion? 

Not exactly great example, but ask local kirana shop. How much are they are selling a month and how much are they earning as profit? A small shopkeeper earning 30k profit, would be selling 1.5-2 lakhs of stuff a month. 20 lakhs a year. Then ask him value of his shop.