Siraj - not impressed

Texan

1 hour ago, gakgupta said:

This guy is a very good bowler and will play for India for very long....
He seems super fit.....
He has everything a bowler needs...
First match....that too T20....super flat....it's nerves..

He is not ready yet....but good enough to debut....may be in an year he will be our rabada

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

He is nothing like Rabada .

Rabada is a very different bowler.

What similarity do you see between the two ??

Edited by the don
On 11/4/2017 at 10:53 AM, King Tendulkar said:

I would say today proved nothing for and against him

crazy flat track . Debut so nervous . But also did not show case anything 

really more could be deduced if played a couple of odi games . 

+1.   One look at his face and you could see how overwhelmed he was.  Inaccurate to judge him on a handful of overs on a Flat Rajkot track like this.

But unsurprising to see a thread like this on ICF.  @maniac This is what I was talking about in our earlier discussion.

14 hours ago, sandeep said:

+1.   One look at his face and you could see how overwhelmed he was.  Inaccurate to judge him on a handful of overs on a Flat Rajkot track like this.

But unsurprising to see a thread like this on ICF.  @maniac This is what I was talking about in our earlier discussion.

he really did very nervous...even scared

2 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Yet i was not impressed at all . I did not see any seam movement nor much pace , no yorker . 

Just see how Chameera bowled who is also around 25 yrs and compare Seeraj. Not even  25% of chameera ..

Disappointed ...  

Forget Chameera, even Unadkat was getting more bounce from the wicket than Siraj.

Flopped yesterday as well. It was an ideal scenario. Series was won 2-0. So Rohit gave chances to second choice bowlers by resting Jasprit and Yuzvendra. There was no pressure whatsoever given that series was won. If you cannot perform even when there is no pressure then good luck in crucial must win matches. Missed a golden opportunity by not performing in a pressure less dead rubber.

Edited by Straight Drive
1 hour ago, Straight Drive said:

Flopped yesterday as well. It was an ideal scenario. Series was won 2-0. So Rohit gave chances to second choice bowlers by resting Jasprit and Yuzvendra. There was no pressure whatsoever given that series was won. If you cannot perform even when there is no pressure then good luck in crucial must win matches. Missed a golden opportunity by not performing in a pressure less dead rubber.

well...there was no proessure on team but who knows what he is going thru...May be he was going thru the pressure...

I think this guy is very special....just couple of T20 games should not decide his career....

Well...he has lots of learning to do.....but that's what you get from Indian domestic teams....Bhuvi took almost 4 to 5 years to mature....and most of bowlers take that time (talking only about indians)

Siraj is not yet ready for International T20s. He doesnt have the tools required to keep scoring down especially precision yorkers and well disguised slower balls. He can only develop them after playing more IPL cricket, so should not be played in T20s till he develops those skills in IPL.

With regards to tests and ODIs he should be developed through A tours and Domestics for another season or two.

1 hour ago, gakgupta said:

well...there was no proessure on team but who knows what he is going thru...May be he was going thru the pressure...

I think this guy is very special....just couple of T20 games should not decide his career....

Well...he has lots of learning to do.....but that's what you get from Indian domestic teams....Bhuvi took almost 4 to 5 years to mature....and most of bowlers take that time (talking only about indians)

Do understand that it is a very small sample.Which is why I did not say drop him instead just mentioned that he flopped and stopped it there. No Indian pacer will start performing so early in career and I accept that fact as well. 

1 hour ago, Forever Indian said:

Siraj is not yet ready for International T20s. He doesnt have the tools required to keep scoring down especially precision yorkers and well disguised slower balls. He can only develop them after playing more IPL cricket, so should not be played in T20s till he develops those skills in IPL.

With regards to tests and ODIs he should be developed through A tours and Domestics for another season or two.

Yes, the fact is that he leaks runs . He is similar to Varum Aaron in that aspect. I don't think I have seen him a spell of 4 overs even in IPL in which he has given less than 5 runs an over.