Siraj - not impressed

Texan

Only Indian spinners are the ones who can start performing from match one. But our pacers no way. Take for example Washington Sundar. He did not need any baggage of higher  level experience to start performing from day 1.But our Pacers will need more than one season of IPL experience, T20 I experience but still will not be enough to adapt and perform. 

On 12/25/2017 at 5:08 PM, Forever Indian said:

Siraj is not yet ready for International T20s. He doesnt have the tools required to keep scoring down especially precision yorkers and well disguised slower balls. He can only develop them after playing more IPL cricket, so should not be played in T20s till he develops those skills in IPL.

With regards to tests and ODIs he should be developed through A tours and Domestics for another season or two.

Saini seems to be in the same mold as this guy but better and more polished...

When i said same mold....both of them are seam bowlers and more or less similar pace....and can seam the bowl both ways

Selectors are mumbling idiots, T20 is the worse format to blood in new bowlers especially rank rookies who haven't played much IPL or Ranji like Bumrah who took to it like fish to water, normally it should be test or ODi n last t20, for me promising bowler who is ready for a while is Aniket Choudhury n it's a pity he ain't anywhere in selectors plan, Siraj looks like bowler with potential but he still has to work on his action n runup, he is a bit raw but has bounce n seemingly pace but is clearly nervous in international cricket, Basil, should've been pushed for in T20 as he is more ready.

Siraj should have bowled at full pace.  If he had bowled at his IPL pace of 132 k to 145 k then people ( including the ones that matter  ) would say, this guy needs to be given more chances.  When a pacer bowls both badly and at medium pace , he weakens his case.

Thankfully, Siraj will be a net bowler in SA and would have more chances to impress the management.

Edited by express bowling
12 minutes ago, speedheat said:

t20i format is to try the youngsters not to judge them, siraj tried just too many slower balls on a pitch that had some pace and bounce breaking his rhytham on his debut and again repeated the same in last match...

Hit the nail on its head.    :nice:

Arun should have advised him to do otherwise after his first match debacle 

I thought siraj was the most ready, firy and hungry for success among all our exciting seamers (nathu aniket ankit avesh shardul etc.), his great A tour record and humble background suggested so.

But to my surprise, he has looked completely opposite at international level.

I thought he would run in and stare at the batsman but he looked scared and overwhelmed by the occasion.

Expected a fighting character like pak fast bowlers turned out a puny one.

Being nervous in your first game was acceptable but again same look after a month he could gather himself.

Nobody is gonna pamper you at this level my friend. Look at Iyer, what a contrast in behaviour.

2 minutes ago, SUMO said:

I thought siraj was the most ready, firy and hungry for success among all our exciting seamers (nathu aniket ankit avesh shardul etc.), his great A tour record and humble background suggested so.

But to my surprise, he has looked completely opposite at international level.

I thought he would run in and stare at the batsman but he looked scared and overwhelmed by the occasion.

Expected a fighting character like pak fast bowlers turned out a puny one.

Being nervous in your first game was acceptable but again same look after a month he could gather himself.

Nobody is gonna pamper you at this level my friend. Look at Iyer, what a contrast in behaviour.

Two games is not a great sample size. Each person is different. Not every talented player start performing from 2nd chance itself. We have talented Ishant Sharma who according to management is maturing and getting after almost 100 matches. And to be honest he is still sh!t. :cantstop: Why did Ishant get so many chances while it only takes two games to say Siraj is not good.

21 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Two games is not a great sample size. Each person is different. Not every talented player start performing from 2nd chance itself. We have talented Ishant Sharma who according to management is maturing and getting after almost 100 matches. And to be honest he is still sh!t. :cantstop: Why did Ishant get so many chances while it only takes two games to say Siraj is not good.

This fault lies on ponting

3 hours ago, Pollack said:

Not commenting that he was not impressive based on runs given or wickets column.  THIS WAS A PITCH WHICH HAD BOUNCE , BOWLERS WERE SEAMING IT . But Seeraj just did not bowl enough balls which looked threatening.

Had i seen atleast 10-12 good deliveries with bounce /seam movement beating the bat i would have been happy even if he went wicketless. 

Neither he attempted a single yorker when he was getting hammered . 

When you see an emerging talent , you will notice these sparks of talent even if  the guys fails. 

Atleast in this pitch i was expecting to see .  NZ pitch was patta , so i was ok that time .

48 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

Today is a good test for him... He is got the right situation, opposition and everything around him. The last overs he bowl will be important for contributing towards the victory. 

Let us see how he will fare today!

The moment of reckoning.... here it comes.... He will not get a bigger moment than this any sooner to prove himself that he is international class and can win team India some games. 

He won't, for the WC, nor should he. If he were in reckoning for the WC slot he should've played at least semi regularly after 2017 CT, but the TM overworked & overburdened BK & Bumrah, never thinking even once about building the bench strength for the premier LO event!