Shreyas iyer- terrible technique

cowboysfan

6 minutes ago, maniac said:

Pandey’s dismissal was so eerily similar to Kohli’s dismissal on some seaming conditions looks like a common problem.

Forget the bowling where we have chances of producing 1or 2 mercurial spells like Ishant or Bhuvi have done once in a while but our batting is not reliable overseas which I have been saying all the time...Am I missing something? Doesn’t it look pretty obvious? Where are people getting the false bravado that we are going to smash England in a South Africa in their own den :facepalm:

Our test team is different than our ODI team. I have more faith in Vijay and Rahul surviving than Rohit and Dhawan. And please show who said we are going to smash them? I do expect us to do well but I haven't come across anyone who said we will smash them.

2 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Our test team is different than our ODI team. I have more faith in Vijay and Rahul surviving than Rohit and Dhawan. And please show who said we are going to smash them? I do expect us to do well but I haven't come across anyone who said we will smash them.

People were saying we will win 2-1 in South Africa and 3-1 in England :cantstop:

Dhawan,Rohit,Bhuvi,Pandya,Bumrah that is 30% of our test squad that was playing yesterday.

Just now, maniac said:

People were saying we will win 2-1 in South Africa and 3-1 in England :cantstop:

Dhawan,Rohit,Bhuvi,Pandya,Bumrah that is 30% of our test squad that was playing yesterday.

how much of that is batting? I hope we dont pick Dhawan over Rahul in Tests. Kuldeep showed more guts and a better technique than Dhawan. Rohit lol. I don't know if Pandya will play either. Bumrah bowled good.

4 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

how much of that is batting? I hope we dont pick Dhawan over Rahul in Tests. Kuldeep showed more guts and a better technique than Dhawan. Rohit lol. I don't know if Pandya will play either. Bumrah bowled good.

Well I haven’t seen any spark in the team to say that they will even do well...I think we have to play some exceptional cricket to win...can that happen? yes, but that is a cliche and not a tangible way of predicting.

Based on evidence on hand we are going to get slaughtered.

9 minutes ago, maniac said:

Well I haven’t seen any spark in the team to say that they will even do well...I think we have to play some exceptional cricket to win...can that happen? yes, but that is a cliche and not a tangible way of predicting.

Based on evidence on hand we are going to get slaughtered.

What spark? Didnt our batsman beat  Hazlewood and Cummins on Dharamshala pitch just a couple of months back? 

7 hours ago, SLICKR392 said:

Arm chair experts here who struggle to hold a bat think otherwise after 1 match.

Arm chair experts who backed Iyer are still backing him. Arm chair experts who never rated him are having told ya moment. So your claim "after one match" is trash.

i really liked how he always scores at quick pace in ranji trophy ,i think he can be backed for odis for sure,provided he bats at no.4 and not below that

also where is sarfaraz ,he is almost vanished from the scene,i could imagine him having a partnership with dhoni yetserday ,he also survives with his own method 

20 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

i really liked how he always scores at quick pace in ranji trophy ,i think he can be backed for odis for sure,provided he bats at no.4 and not below that

also where is sarfaraz ,he is almost vanished from the scene,i could imagine him having a partnership with dhoni yetserday ,he also survives with his own method 

Sarfraz is one guy i was hoping for  a good future as he is blessed with all the natural skills that you would see with a typical subcontinent player. Wristy. Plays all around. Doesn't go areal too much. Rotates the strike. For whatever reason he just disappeared. I see Mayank Agarwal scoring lot of runs in the domestic. Don't recall his batting style.

13 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Sarfraz is one guy i was hoping for  a good future as he is blessed with all the natural skills that you would see with a typical subcontinent player. Wristy. Plays all around. Doesn't go areal too much. Rotates the strike. For whatever reason he just disappeared. I see Mayank Agarwal scoring lot of runs in the domestic. Don't recall his batting style.

Mayank Agarwal also one guy who doesnt always plays from the crease but i dont see him surviving in such conditions

I can bet right now 99% of talent you pick from

Indian domestics will have the same technique....That is not a bad thing at all

btw....what Iyer has going for him is intent to score and hand eye coordination which has made him succesful...,so won’t judge him on yesterday’s game if he can improve consistently which is the main thing to look at in a young talent.

Rookies will make mistakes but how they evolve is the way to judge them. Most times You can’t judge a player on 1 game unless it is super obvious like a Vinay Kumar debut or a Unadkut debut.

9 hours ago, maniac said:

we won't get conditions like yesterday anywhere. There is thing called seaming pitch and there is thing called unplayable condition. This was it yesterday in the morning. 

49 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

he has not disappeared. he  had a knee surgery.

Shreyas tries to play glory shots more often than not & it looks awkward. He could do lot better if he plays much closer to the body. I reckon he depends a lot on his aerial shots for breaking free the shackles of whatever I've seen of him against NZ. He's still young and I hope he improves a lot in the future with upcoming games.