Shreyas iyer- terrible technique

cowboysfan

I have been a big critic of his game from the outset. But his temperament has impressed me. He also makes use of his form very much.  Back to back fifties.  He has scored quiet a few times.  2 fifties upfront, then 3 fifties in a row. Then in NZ 3 fifties in a row (including a 100), then 100 and a fifty in Test. Now 4 fifties in a row.  I have seen guys like KL Rahul grossly underachieving despite being blessed with talent. But this guy makes use of his form very much.  A good trait to have. 

On 3/1/2022 at 10:23 AM, Cricspin said:

Why. Let him play tests. Why should he be kept away if he can score runs. No one cares about technique as long as runs come. 

His FC record is good and he has the mental strength to succeed. 

Rahane played so many games doing absolutely nothing. Which new player are doing better with chances they got ? Gill has an average of 32 after 10 tests and 6 out of 10 games were in India. If Gill is the future of our batting and gets chances so should Shreyas. I am willing to bet he would have better record than Gill at 10 test mark.

Shreyas  should get a proper run. 

answer: sundar (who is not even in test team thanks to the big brains of our selectors)

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

Thanks to his injuries. 

It's not uncommon to see a sportsperson getting injuries in quick succession. Washi's injuries were mostly not related to his fitness, like in England, he was hit by a Siraj Bumper. Moreover, he have persisted with Hardik, Bhuvi, Kela Rahul despite their injuries, so why not Washi.

By the way, he is vice-captain of TN in Ranji, so definitely fit and available.

On 3/1/2022 at 8:53 PM, Cricspin said:

Why. Let him play tests. Why should he be kept away if he can score runs. No one cares about technique as long as runs come. 

His FC record is good and he has the mental strength to succeed. 

Rahane played so many games doing absolutely nothing. Which new player are doing better with chances they got ? Gill has an average of 32 after 10 tests and 6 out of 10 games were in India. If Gill is the future of our batting and gets chances so should Shreyas. I am willing to bet he would have better record than Gill at 10 test mark.

Shreyas  should get a proper run. 

it's not Gill v Shreyas though. One opens and other is MO.

I'm confident Shreyas would do well in India. But playing him would mean excluding someone who can play overseas as well.