Those who wanted Vijay/rahul over Dhawan - Time to eat a crow

Khota

Open with Aswhin, Pandya (if Dev Saab is undroppable) then play Rahul, Pujara, Rahane, Kohli, Pant etc.

Also bring in Shaw and Gill, desperate times need desperate measure, we can't win this series with the current top 3 or just 3 good batters in a squad of 18 :facepalm:

19 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Open with Aswhin, Pandya (if Dev Saab is undroppable) then play Rahul, Pujara, Rahane, Kohli, Pant etc.

Also bring in Shaw and Gill, desperate times need desperate measure, we can't win this series with the current top 3 or just 3 good batters in a squad of 18 :facepalm:

So you partly agree with the batting order reversal theory :icflove:.

Just now, Gollum said:

So you partly agree with the batting order reversal theory :icflove:.

I advocated for Ashwin opening before the first test as well, I also knew the whole batting is in a hell hole, no form or confidence. We can't rely on Kohli all 10 innings, we also need a mini miracle this test, it was so unfair on the first day. I do believe that we'll do better if we escape this game, without a result.

11 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Dhawan or Rahul, it makes no difference.Dhawan atleast has proven track record in odis.Has won major trophy.Rahul is nothing but overrated so far in his career.

If his excellency has not seen the thread we are discussing abt test. Do you know how many odi dhwan has as compare to Rahul. Also dhawan should not have been near to test team. Rahul is much better player of test cricket but with current team management in helm none of the players have any confidence other than friends and family.

18 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Dhawan or Rahul, it makes no difference.Dhawan atleast has proven track record in odis.Has won major trophy.Rahul is nothing but overrated so far in his career.

Disagree. Rahul can be worked upon and should be given more chances. Dhawan should not play tests in SENA countries. In subcontinent, I would pick him in place of Vijay. 

8 minutes ago, raki05 said:

If his excellency has not seen the thread we are discussing abt test. Do you know how many odi dhwan has as compare to Rahul. Also dhawan should not have been near to test team. Rahul is much better player of test cricket but with current team management in helm none of the players have any confidence other than friends and family.

Why should Dhawan not be anywhere near the team, on what basis is he inferior to clown like Rahul. How is Rahul better, this guy has played more tests in last two tours than Dhawan.

Dhawan or Rahul it does not matter both are useless.Add Vjiay and Rahane to that list.

8 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Why should Dhawan not be anywhere near the team, on what basis is he inferior to clown like Rahul. How is Rahul better, this guy has played more tests in last two tours than Dhawan.

Dhawan or Rahul it does not matter both are useless.Add Vjiay and Rahane to that list.

Are you blind he has won us a series where kohli was averaging 9. Jus because u hate Rahul doesn't make him bad . Oh do everyone shall drop. Have you ever tried to find out how come Rahane who was one of the best overseas suddenly start failing in this season . What is ur opinion abt kohli masterful stroke of selecting sharma over rahane in test. Just imagine if ur boss is always after ur ass that he would get rid of u for his family and friends for one silly mistake, imagine how hard it would be to deliver efficiently in those situation. I still regard kohli  highly as batsmen but he is the main culprit for this nightmare in eng where everyone is feared for their position and player like sharks/ dhawan are still toted as Savior for test.

Edited by raki05
1 minute ago, raki05 said:

Are you blind he has won us a series where kohli was averaging 9. Jus because u hate Rahul doesn't make him bad . Oh do everyone shall drop. Have you ever tried to find out how come Rahane who was one of the best overseas suddenly start failing in this season . What is ur opinion abt kohli masterful stroke of selecting sharks over rohit in test. Just imagine if ur boss is always after ur ass that ur boss would get rid of u for his family and friends for one silky mistake, imagine how hard it would be to deliver efficiently in those situation. I still regard kohli  highly as batsmen but he is the main culprit for this nightmare in eng where everyone is feared for their position and player like sharks/ dhawan are still toted as Savior for test.

Did Dhawan play that series. I don't hate Rahul how did you come to that conclusion.I just don't rate him high and can't stand when people are making him as if he is a victim.

Rahane like Vijay had his moments in 2014/15 which is 3 years ago.I always maintained dropping Rahane was not a big deal in SA as he is not a Bradman.

There is no batsmen in this team who is part of solution for overseas problems other than Kohli.Everyone is interchangable.