Those who wanted Vijay/rahul over Dhawan - Time to eat a crow

Khota

Its convenient to look back and say Dhawan would have been a better choice. In reality we dont know. He could have gone for two ducks as well. If he wants to cement his place he needs to put in consistent performances.

Any one of Dhawan, Rahul or Vijay could have been replaced. None of them justified their place in the first test. 

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Did Dhawan play that series. I don't hate Rahul how did you come to that conclusion.I just don't rate him high and can't stand when people are making him as if he is a victim.

Rahane like Vijay had his moments in 2014/15 which is 3 years ago.I always maintained dropping Rahane was not a big deal in SA as he is not a Bradman.

There is no batsmen in this team who is part of solution for overseas problems other than Kohli.Everyone is interchangable.

Oh bhai do u know what was  rahane overseas avg before start of this season it was better than kohli. Rahane is no Bradman and so does ikohli. Indeed Rahul is a victim. Why he was dropped during eng odi just after one failure when he clearly trumped everyone in just concluded t20 series . Why he was dropped for dhwan against NZ and sl tour of India when he was one of the best performer against Aus series. I dont care who u rate or not but not seeing any wrong with kohli biasedness towards certain players shows u r biasedness  and that's where opinion lacks credeblity.

3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Don't worry Rahul will get chances all this series, we will really see what he is capable off.4 tests and counting he has done nothing.

Its really tough to open in this eng condition I bet had kohli has to come in until few over he would not have survived. His 150 was also on the back of 3 chances which he got  and he bottled exactly when we needed him during morning season where Pandya was able to survive. So not sure y u r complaining abt Rahul. I agree he needs to improve but he is least of our problems.

Just now, raki05 said:

Its really tough to open in this eng condition I bet had kohli has to come in inintial few over he would not have survived. His 150 was also on the back of 3 chances which he got  and he bottled exactly when we needed him during morning season where Pandya was able to survive. So not sure y u r complaining abt Rahul. I agree he needs to improve but he is least of our problems.

12 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Oh bhai do u know what was  rahane overseas avg before start of this season it was better than kohli. Rahane is no Bradman and so does ikohli. Indeed Rahul is a victim. Why he was dropped during eng odi just after one failure when he clearly trumped everyone in just concluded t20 series . Why he was dropped for dhwan against NZ and sl tour of India when he was one of the best performer against Aus series. I dont care who u rate or not but not seeing any wrong with kohli biasedness towards certain players shows u r biasedness  and that's where opinion lacks credeblity.

Don't mix formats, let us just talk tests first, how is Rahul being short changed???? They played Dhawan for first test for both tour and then he has been dropped.Pujara got axe in this tour and Rahul got axe in SA.When did India play NZ in tests recently.SL series before SA they rotated all three openers and I don't see anything wrong in it.

But what exactly has Rahul done when has been selected. I did not ask you to care what I rate. I just gave my opinion. I have no bias for anyone. Kohli if he does stupid things like selecting second spinner has to be called out.But this test is all about batting woes.

Bye for now can't take this anymore.

Edited by putrevus
1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

35 is nothing to write home about. Ideally both should be kicked out draft Shaw in. Dhawan is not playing his first Test series.  

I agree . Should be looking at the replacements but I will not give up rahul or Dhawan. Vijay was plain clueless last test.