Those who wanted Vijay/rahul over Dhawan - Time to eat a crow

Khota

Just now, Khota said:

Which part of side by side is not clear to you.

Did Ashwin face the fresh bowling attack?

Did Ashwin open the inning?

If he did anyone of those things we can discuss Ashwin. Right now let us focus on the well predicted failure of Vijay and wheteher he is fit to open for India.

I just proved M Vijaya scored more than Dhawan given that , Dhawan's drop was the one that allowed SA to post more than they should have. He effectively made -3 runs in the last test.

7 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I just proved M Vijaya scored more than Dhawan given that , Dhawan's drop was the one that allowed SA to post more than they should have. He effectively made -3 runs in the last test.

We are discussing batting so kindly stick to that. You are deflecting and that will not get us anywhere.

Edited by Khota
7 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Actually your logic is akin to padosi logic. That is why they doubt you.  Your cricketing sense is devoid of logic. Just over-simplified grade school math is what you use to judge cricketers. You don't delve into how a batsman plays actually.

More runs is a better batsman. It is very simple.

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

We are discussing batting so kindly stick to that. You are deflecting and that will not get us anywhere.

Well fielding is part of a cricketing skills last i know. As a sum his monsterous 12 additional runs and the drop would mean he was rightly kicked out of the side. He brought down the morale of the team, bowler. It is much less than -3 runs. Probably -30 or something. He  was a match loser in the last Test.  Rightfully kicked out. Pretty sure he would have sucked balls on this up and down pitch. He never knows where his off stump is. M Vijay on the other hand is probably one of the best in Indian history to know where his off stump is. Atleast try to learn cricket before making this assertion.  I very much doubt you ever played cricket in your life 

17 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Well fielding is part of a cricketing skills last i know. As a sum his monsterous 12 additional runs and the drop would mean he was rightly kicked out of the side. He brought down the morale of the team, bowler. It is much less than -3 runs. Probably -30 or something. He  was a match loser in the last Test.  Rightfully kicked out. Pretty sure he would have sucked balls on this up and down pitch. He never knows where his off stump is. M Vijay on the other hand is probably one of the best in Indian history to know where his off stump is. Atleast try to learn cricket before making this assertion.  I very much doubt you ever played cricket in your life 

You are the second coming of Bradman.

8 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

KL Rahul will be kicked out. Kohli just doesn't want to build a nucleus. I thought Pujara/Rahane/M Vijay/Kohli would form a nucleus. Now no Rahane.

Rahul needs to be the part of this team. Vijay I am not so sure about.

Edited by Khota
7 minutes ago, CG said:

Fact if the matter Sa is a hard place for visiting openers only 7 centuries have been scored by visiting openers.We needed Rahul/Dhawan to be look to play shots as with Vijay Pujara we have two grafters.

There is no more aggressive opener than Sehwag. He couldn't get away here with shot making as an opener.  Rabada world no.1 bowler, Philander ultimate South African tracks bully, Morkel with steep bounce it is not that easy to attack. Look how Kohli got out. He was in great frame of mind. Suddenly one ball nipped back and stayed a touch lower than anticipated.You need a bit of luck to bat well here. This is why i was pissed off that M Vijay threw his wicket away after doing all the hard yards. Only way you can force the issue here is by wearing them out. You need to be in exceptional form and you are blessed with skills like Kohli, ABDV, Smith to do play positively here without getting out.  This is why inclusion of Rahane was important. His pathetic show against Z grade team like Srilanka sealed India's fate in SA as well. Wish we never had that dumb series in the first place. It screwed up lot of plans.

1 minute ago, Khota said:

Wheteher I am a Punjabi or not what difference does it make. Show me one post where I have favored a player of one zone over the other. just one post.

Not even rohit or dhawan will argue they are better test bats than vijay in overseas condition