Those who wanted Vijay/rahul over Dhawan - Time to eat a crow

Khota

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Doesn't matter. Right decision was made. Any player can fail but important thing is to selecting right players. 

My preference was dhawan and rahane to open. I think we got the two worst openers.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

That was totally left field....not because you brought Rahane out of nowhere because you didn’t say Karthik :giggle:

Karthick should play but not open. He will do real well. Frankly speaking I expected more from Rahul too. he will get better.

Edited by Khota
1 minute ago, Khota said:

My preference was dhawan and rahane to open. I think we got the two worst openers.

Dhawan should have never started in the last test. Certified FTB in Tests. Anytime ball does something he just has no clue.  He failed always in such conditions.

Steyn to Dhawan, FOUR, outside edge evades gully again. Length ball swinging in outside off, then pitches and shapes away. He's looking to drive on the rise and is done by the movement. Survives

Philander to Dhawan, FOUR, outside edge but some control as he loosens the grip late. Length ball, wobbling just outside off. Prods at it and it runs past gully

Philander to Dhawan, FOUR, edged and Dhawan threads the cordon. Fuller than a good length and slanting away outside off, he pokes with soft hands as the ball rolls away between third slip and gully

Nirav: "I think the key will be playing out the initial onslaught of pace bowling. Absence of Steyn will definitely play a big role in Faf's game plans.."

If you consider this "performed better"  then i can't help you.  Dhawan's runs were all streaky in the first test.  He was living dangerously in both innings.
3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Dhawan should have never started in the last test. Certified FTB in Tests. Anytime ball does something he just has no clue.  He failed always in such conditions.

Steyn to Dhawan, FOUR, outside edge evades gully again. Length ball swinging in outside off, then pitches and shapes away. He's looking to drive on the rise and is done by the movement. Survives

Philander to Dhawan, FOUR, outside edge but some control as he loosens the grip late. Length ball, wobbling just outside off. Prods at it and it runs past gully

Philander to Dhawan, FOUR, edged and Dhawan threads the cordon. Fuller than a good length and slanting away outside off, he pokes with soft hands as the ball rolls away between third slip and gully

Nirav: "I think the key will be playing out the initial onslaught of pace bowling. Absence of Steyn will definitely play a big role in Faf's game plans.."

If you consider this "performed better"  then i can't help you.  Dhawan's runs were all streaky in the first test.  He was living dangerously in both innings.

Maybe living dangerously but Vijay was dead in two tests now. First test the conditions were tough and no one did well but Dhawan had some control. 

vijay on the other hand is a serial failure.

1 minute ago, Khota said:

Maybe living dangerously but Vijay was dead in two tests now. First test the conditions were tough and no one did well but Dhawan had some control. 

vijay on the other hand is a serial failure.

How is edging through slips mean "having some control" lol  How is Vijay serial failure. I just showed M Vijay  is one of the best INdian opener ever in overseas conditions.  Also showed Dhawan one of the worst overseas opener for India. You are clutching at straws.

21 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

How is edging through slips mean "having some control" lol  How is Vijay serial failure. I just showed M Vijay  is one of the best INdian opener ever in overseas conditions.  Also showed Dhawan one of the worst overseas opener for India. You are clutching at straws.

He will ignore every single stat and throw childish tantrums.

Dhawan has much more than weakness on this tour. Just check how he got out on a seaming pitch. Didn't get out to seaming deliveries. He got out to bouncing deliveries. Imagine him on a pitch with Variable bounce. He would have done jack here.
Exactly look at how scared he looked when he got out to the bouncer of morkel, mark my words this tour was the easiest of the away tour, where we were facing an ageing Africa although in their backyard, things are going to be really tough from here on all the upcoming tours be it to England, newzealand and Australia will be equally difficult, hell I predict Australian tour to be the most horrendous tour ever, Coz we will be facing a young hungrier and angry Australia wanting revenge, some of the names will be smashed to oblivion,leaving mental scars on some of the guys.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

You can keep on repeating that million times but if he has no runs to show for that means he has failed. That is not such a difficult concept.

11 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yes. Ashwin , Pandya are  better than Kohli because they "outscored" Kohli in the last test.  Bhuvaneswar is better than Kohli in England because he outscored him. 

You are special aren't you.

9 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

Dhawan and Hitman are FTBs who haven't performed and are unlikely to perform in these conditions.

Rahul, Vijay and Rahane have a better game for Tests overseas, but aren't doing that well either.

So choose who you want depending on your preference. 

My preference is to go with the guys who have a better game, ie Rahul, Vijay, Rahane.

basedon the current form I will go with Dhaan/Rahane.

Dhawan is crap, but I have seen this vij was overrated by lcf posters especially csk fans, he lacks integrity, all these bullies are only good against teams like zim and SL, we are doomed we have only 2 batsman kohli and pandya, leave Rahul out from it, he is class  but not in the best of the form apparently but I am sure he ill come good in future.

4 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Dhawan is crap, but I have seen this vij was overrated by lcf posters especially csk fans, he lacks integrity, all these bullies are only good against teams like zim and SL, we are doomed we have only 2 batsman kohli and pandya, leave Rahul out from it, he is class  but not in the best of the form apparently but I am sure he ill come good in future.

What did i just read. M Vijay was the only guy alongwith Rahane did well everywhere. Even Kohli failed in England.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

What did i just read. M Vijay was the only guy alongwith Rahane did well everywhere. Even Kohli failed in England.

I know that but still he doesn't give me any confidence against pace as kohli watch  what he is doing in sa currently :facepalm: