"Shastri Hai Hai"

zen

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8039/scorecard/65119/england-vs-india-2nd-match-world-cup-1991-92/

Chasing 236, India lose by 9 runs. Shastri scores a 57 (112) that's like batting 10 overs of dotballs! They are called dotovers in Shastri;s time!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8039/scorecard/65129/australia-vs-india-12th-match-world-cup-1991-92/ 

Chasing 237, India lose by 1 run. Shastri 25(75) ...lots of dotovers.

I remember Shastri being dropped from the team after playing such gems. He later defeneded himself in an interview saying he had given more than 100% in those matches.:phehe:

Shastri Hai Hai.  The entire stadium used to get into it.

Yeah that brings back come memories.  Pain and Pleasure.

Great pain because having to say 'Shastri Hai hai' meant that he was f*cking the Indian team in some way.

Great pleasure because one had a legitimate opportunity to say 'Shastri Hai Hai' and few things were/ are better than that.

I recall a time when Shastri was commenting early in his career .... crowds started chanting "hai hai" .... the foreign commenter did not understand what was going on. Shastri acted as if the crowd was cheering for him :facepalm:

On 1/18/2018 at 9:37 AM, NameGoesHere said:

Shastri Hai Hai.  The entire stadium used to get into it.

Yeah that brings back come memories.  Pain and Pleasure.

Great pain because having to say 'Shastri Hai hai' meant that he was f*cking the Indian team in some way.

Great pleasure because one had a legitimate opportunity to say 'Shastri Hai Hai' and few things were/ are better than that.

HAHAAA ..............

Just watch  Sourav;s part 2 interview by Gaurav Kapoor . Says never take Shastri interview in the morning. Take only in the 

evening.

Bewde ko poora Nanga kar diya ! 

Dada who also featured on the same show Breakfast with Champions was surprised to hear his claims. He laughed when Gaurav Kapur explained what Shastri had said. Ganguly gave it back to Shastri with a pinch of salt and said that the Indian coach shouldn’t be interviewed early in the morning (indicating at his drinking habit) as it is tough for him to remember what he’s saying, it is best if the man is interviewed later in the day.

“You don’t interview in the morning, don’t bring him (Shastri) on the breakfast show he wouldn’t remember what he said. When I meet him I will tell him what do you say on the breakfast show, that never happened I don’t know where he got that from,” Ganguly said while talking to Kapur.

:hysterical::hysterical:

1 hour ago, Brainfade said:

If our talented bats had 10% of Shastri's grit, we would have won this match going away. 

For all his faults, there's no questioning his ability to maximize whatever little batting talent he had.

But we are not expecting him to play now . 

As a coach do something  like Gary ...  Not just Bomabasting & Yes man job !

More than 3 years , ... slip catching so shoddy still ...  seems no accountability  for fielding coach. 

Serious batting ineptiude  ...  do not know why can't show  grit to hang on.. when they had nearly 1.5 months to work it out. 

Atleast we should see real effort to hang in , get a brute , get out ...fine . No issues ..

Bowlers even after 5 -6 years cannot get things right. 

Players , Team management both just carrying on.