Abhishek Sharma is a star!!!

maniac

6 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Jaddu's time is up now.
He is not playing in the England tour too.
I must say there is a want for Spin Bowling all rounder in the team,but right now it seems the selectors trust Washington Sundar more.
Abhishek needs to be consistent in the next season or more importantly, be in close scrutiny of Dhoni/Kohli.
WS played with RPS last year.
Pant and Gill has media backing(marked by selectors)
Prithvi and Shreyas has Mumbai lobby +Sajdeh for the latter.

That's why I said he needs to join Rhiti/Bunty.
That will compel the who's who of BCCI to take a look at him.

Dude , I am confident Abhishek's knock would have made 1000 times more noise if he wore the MI jersey.
Can't deny Nita Ambani's PR.
Hardik ko Indian Team ke permanent member bana diya.emoji16.png

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Hardik Pandya was a purple cap holder. Before Pandya, we had likes of RDhawan and Binny as pace bowling all-rounder. Pandya is a special talent in that respect and he has the backing of both Dhoni and Kohli and hence getting numerous chances. Now he hasn't done anything  outstanding but he hasn't been very terrible either. If you think MI connection is the reason for his selection or opportunities in Indian then why Krunal Pandya who has been more better than his brother for years now haven't made into the Indian team? Why Nitish Rana who seriously impressed playing for MI isn't even in top considerations for selector's?

13 hours ago, Pollack said:

After one of the big hits by Abhishek camera focused on the dugout saw Gambhir appreciating with such a proud look in his face. Gambhir should become selector some day. :hatsoff:

I rememberered Dhoni appreciating Stokes last year 

I wanted Krunal Pandya to be in the mix of things in ODIs and T20s but if this guy keeps rocking he will thousand times better choice than KPandya since Pandya is somewhere between a hack and proper batsman while Abhishek seems a proper batsman with clean striking.

Hardik Pandya was a purple cap holder. Before Pandya, we had likes of RDhawan and Binny as pace bowling all-rounder. Pandya is a special talent in that respect and he has the backing of both Dhoni and Kohli and hence getting numerous chances. Now he hasn't done anything  outstanding but he hasn't been very terrible either. If you think MI connection is the reason for his selection or opportunities in Indian then why Krunal Pandya who has been more better than his brother for years now haven't made into the Indian team? Why Nitish Rana who seriously impressed playing for MI isn't even in top considerations for selector's?

Dude , there is no reason to get riled up for me alleging an MI bias in IPL and in the minds of Desi selectors.
Hardik Pandya is talented yeah and I do think him being a pace all rounder is the reason he got super fast tracked into the India Team.

But give it a thought .
Would Jasprit Bumrah and Hardik Pandya would have it the same easy way to Indian Team, or get the same amount of PR if they were part of some other team?
Not likely.
For example, if Hardik pulled off that same victory with a sixer as a member of DD rather than MI, Would Sachin Bhagwan praise him to the sky as an Indian prospect?
I don't think so.
He is affliated with MI and he has rarely gone out of his way to endorse players who are are from other IPL teams.

MI is a team which has a humongous fanbase just because it is Sachin's team.
People generally take more notice of this team's performers because of the same reason.
Nita Ambani also tries to earn credit by pushing any good player from her team in the media.
No way Mayank Markande would have gotten the publicity he got if would have been a part of any other team

A lot of other equations other from performance goes into senior team selection.
Ad agencies , sponsors ,captain's comfort.....everything factors in the selection of a player.
Especially in India , marketability of a player matters very much since Indians actually don't like much cricket unlike what people thinks.
Sports in this country is linked more to nationalism and more than cricket , it is the popular players who bring viewership and subsequently money to the team.

Like right now , Dinesh Karthik is in the form of his life.
His 8 ball 29 has given a fresh lease to his cricket career and he might eventually end up being a regular for a while.

Public sympathy and media image is playing a bigger role in Indian Cricket than ever before.
Also It is pretty well known that Indian cricket always had some form of lobbying in the selection committee.
I would rather say that the abolition of zonal committee actually allowed more control over the selectors by Media and this sports management firms like Rhiti and Bunty.

We have all noticed the selective PR prevalent in Indian Sports journalism.
Lot of players play good, but it is only some selected players who get noticed in media and eventually picked up in the Indian Team.

It is all about marketability and being suited to stakeholders' agenda.
Rishabh Pant is blockbuster hit amongst the cricket fans in India , but Dhoni sees him as a threat.
Karthik might be going through a purple patch right now , but he is not a threat to Dhoni.
Never was , never will.
Pant's reputation as Dhoni's successor is gonna hurt him badly in future.

Nitish Rana and Krunal Pandya might be good MI Players but they don't fulfill the requirements of the team or the stakeholders' for that matter.
Ofcourse being in MI has given them more PR than they could have ever imagined in their lifetime LOL.

Now , if Sajdeh realises Sharma's potential as a future face of Indian Cricket (next Kohli lol) then he might gradually come up the ranks
And he might, given that Indians have a love for powerhitting batsmen like him.
But right now the line in front of him is long.
2-3 seasons ke baad situation aur clear hoga.
DD is not the best place to get under the nose of selectors and be fast tracked.

I wanted Krunal Pandya to be in the mix of things in ODIs and T20s but if this guy keeps rocking he will thousand times better choice than KPandya since Pandya is somewhere between a hack and proper batsman while Abhishek seems a proper batsman with clean striking.

Our selectors will choose KPandya, knowing their aukaats.
England is an Agnipariksha for both Sundar and KPandya LOL.
And Sundar seems to be backed by selectors atleast.
Let's see what does he do in the Eng Tour.

Sharma will take 2-3 more years to be considered for the national team as far as things are looking right now.
Atleast not before next IPL.

14 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Dude , there is no reason to get riled up for me alleging an MI bias in IPL and in the minds of Desi selectors.
Hardik Pandya is talented yeah and I do think him being a pace all rounder is the reason he got super fast tracked into the India Team.

But give it a thought .
Would Jasprit Bumrah and Hardik Pandya would have it the same easy way to Indian Team, or get the same amount of PR if they were part of some other team?
Not likely.
For example, if Hardik pulled off that same victory with a sixer as a member of DD rather than MI, Would Sachin Bhagwan praise him to the sky as an Indian prospect?
I don't think so.
He is affliated with MI and he has rarely gone out of his way to endorse players who are are from other IPL teams.

MI is a team which has a humongous fanbase just because it is Sachin's team.
People generally take more notice of this team's performers because of the same reason.
Nita Ambani also tries to earn credit by pushing any good player from her team in the media.
No way Mayank Markande would have gotten the publicity he got if would have been a part of any other team

A lot of other equations other from performance goes into senior team selection.
Ad agencies , sponsors ,captain's comfort.....everything factors in the selection of a player.
Especially in India , marketability of a player matters very much since Indians actually don't like much cricket unlike what people thinks.
Sports in this country is linked more to nationalism and more than cricket , it is the popular players who bring viewership and subsequently money to the team.

Like right now , Dinesh Karthik is in the form of his life.
His 8 ball 29 has given a fresh lease to his cricket career and he might eventually end up being a regular for a while.

Public sympathy and media image is playing a bigger role in Indian Cricket than ever before.
Also It is pretty well known that Indian cricket always had some form of lobbying in the selection committee.
I would rather say that the abolition of zonal committee actually allowed more control over the selectors by Media and this sports management firms like Rhiti and Bunty.

We have all noticed the selective PR prevalent in Indian Sports journalism.
Lot of players play good, but it is only some selected players who get noticed in media and eventually picked up in the Indian Team.

It is all about marketability and being suited to stakeholders' agenda.
Rishabh Pant is blockbuster hit amongst the cricket fans in India , but Dhoni sees him as a threat.
Karthik might be going through a purple patch right now , but he is not a threat to Dhoni.
Never was , never will.
Pant's reputation as Dhoni's successor is gonna hurt him badly in future.

Nitish Rana and Krunal Pandya might be good MI Players but they don't fulfill the requirements of the team or the stakeholders' for that matter.
Ofcourse being in MI has given them more PR than they could have ever imagined in their lifetime LOL.

Now , if Sajdeh realises Sharma's potential as a future face of Indian Cricket (next Kohli lol) then he might gradually come up the ranks
And he might, given that Indians have a love for powerhitting batsmen like him.
But right now the line in front of him is long.
2-3 seasons ke baad situation aur clear hoga.
DD is not the best place to get under the nose of selectors and be fast tracked.

Short posts, please. 

What criteria do KP or Nitish Rana dont fulfill? 

MI talent scout is one of the best. Bumrah was good even in domestics. He attributed his consistency in  accuracte yorkers to Malinga and Mumbai franchise. 

You say no way Bumrah, Hardik, krunal, Nitish get publicity if not a part of MI franchise. Well, RR spend 12 crore on Unadkat and few on Chawal as well.You see their choice of talent is itself bad. I put it this way : MI and DD (recent years only) have been exceptional in scouting for talent and backing them. 

Edited by Pollack

9 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Sharma will take 2-3 more years to be considered for the national team as far as things are looking right now.

Selector's don't rate KP much.

3 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Bumrah did not make it to the Indian team because of Mumbai Indians. 

14 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Honestly I feel ashamed of myself.
I am older than Shubman, Abhishek , Prithvi , Nagarkoti and they are earning crores while I am broke.

Think about us (those in the 20s) then !! And also some posters who are in there 70s :cantstop:

Short posts, please. 
What criteria do KP or Nitish Rana dont fulfill? 
MI talent scout is one of the best. Bumrah was good even in domestics. He attributed his consistency in  accuracte yorkers to Malinga and Mumbai franchise. 
You say no way Bumrah, Hardik, krunal, Nitish get publicity if not a part of MI franchise. Well, RR spend 12 crore on Unadkat and few on Chawal as well.You see their choice of talent is itself bad. I put it this way : MI and DD (recent years only) have been exceptional in scouting for talent and backing them. 

Kohli/Shastri/Dhoni is confident that they can win matches without KP or Nitish.

Please don't deny the power of Ambanis LOL.
I know you are an MI fan but I don't think there was any way MI would have qualified for the play offs the way they were playing in this IPL.
Infact, the wins against KKR are highly suspicious.
Also the miraculous way they recovered from their disastrous position in the IPL points table , completing every requirement that was a near impossible thing is pretty absurd without fixing.

Yup Yup, MI talent scout must be good but you can't just refuse to see Nita Ambani's influence over Indian Sports as whole.
Including players scouted by her in the Indian Cricket team gives a lot of credits to her.
She just loves to be hailed as the foster mom who saves Indian Cricket by nurturing super talented players and eventually getting them a place at the Main Team.
Her love for the spotlight is insatiable LMAO.

Unadkat getting 12 cr exposed one of the main flaws of IPL-that a faltu player who doesn't deserve to get even 20 lakhs gets sold at 15 cr and the one who deserves to play remains unsold.
That bidding war entirely happened due to RR and some other team(KXIP?) cross bidding each other out just because he had one good season.

Both of them wanted him in the team.

DD is genuinely investing in finding and training talented youngsters though.

But as much as talented and skilled they are ,they have a **** bowling unit and the batting and bowling don't click together often.

Honestly, 2-3 years from now , I can see DD becoming the new RCB and Feroz Shah Kotla being the new Chinnaswamy.

Uparse both Shreyas and Pant are choking in their international opportunities 

Atleast Iyer is with Sajdeh now - he will get a long rope to improve himself but Pant is looking bleak LOL.

By the time Dhoni retires , Pant will be in his late 20s and BCCI just might get another talented wicketkeeper-batsman.