Church, Missionaries & related issues tracker...

asterix

12 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I guess they are preparing the stage for some ghar wapsi and bringing animistic religions under Hindu fold. But looks risky because they lack the persistence, ruthlessness and evil genius of desert cultists. 

Numbers of tribes following some form of animism is too small to make much of a dent in the end. **** is really going to hit the fan in couple of decades when Bangladesh's coastline is getting flooded and all those ROPers make their way upward in the biggest migration in human history.  North East is a goner, no matter what. Interesting thing to speculate on is what sort of response the hindi belt going to have to the civil war between the two death cults.  

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Islamic brutality in medieval ages is still not whitewashed completely. Agenda driven NCERT books have tried their level best to glorify that period (with tremendous success if I may add) but via other avenues the history of the greatest genocide in human history has been kept alive in the minds of kafirs. But that isn't the case with Christians..aisa lagta hai ki maano unhone yahaan kuch galat kaam kiya hi nahi. Forget aam aadmi, I bet most well educated/informed ICFers wouldn't have heard about the Goa inquisition. When I was studying in Goa my observation was that locals took great pride in their Portugese connection, I have had frank discussions with an old couple who reminisced about glorious Portugese rule and berated India for annexing their territory. It isn't surprising because in the 1800s the barbarians burnt all records of the inquisition including the details about executions of non Christians. Muslims took great pride in recording the gory details of their mass murders of infidels, Portugese destroyed the records of their misdeeds, that is the only difference. 

Aurangzeb road name was changed, fantastic...what about Vasco da Gama? Was the latter any less blood thirsty?

St Xavier is a saint with many schools/colleges/hospitals in his name but truth be told he was another fanatic monster who indulged in utmost cruelty. It was this SOB who planted the idea of Goa Inquisition yet he has churches named in his honour and his relics in Goa attract many devotees/believers including the ones he wanted to eliminate form Planet Earth, oh the irony !!!!

Shukr karo ki Brits ruled us and not the brutes from the Iberian peninsula. Our entire culture would have been destroyed like it happened in Central/South America and satyagrahiyon ki maa ___ dete woh log. Brits were kind/secular overlords (relatively speaking, toot mat padna mujh par) compared to all of the other European colonialists. 

At the same time I don't think they would have ruled India as long as England did. British managed 200 years of rule in India because they never meddled with local culture/religious beliefs.

Portugal may have had imposed severe violence on locals but there would have been an equally severe backlash from the Marathas as well.

Edited by MechEng

3 hours ago, MechEng said:

At the same time I don't think they would have ruled India as long as England did. British managed 200 years of rule in India because they never meddled with local culture/religious beliefs.

Portugal may have had imposed severe violence on locals but there would have been an equally severe backlash from the Marathas as well.

That is mere speculation, they did colonize South America for several centuries and completely annihilated local religions/culture there. 

Muslims too ruled us for centuries....Marathas, Sikhs, Rajputs, tribals, basically all non Bengalis resisted but kuch hua? They too imposed severe violence, destroyed temples, meddled with local beliefs. Never underestimate the subservience of our people no matter how brutal the enemies. That tradition still continues today. 

Edited by Gollum

23 minutes ago, Gollum said:

That is mere speculation, they did colonize South America for several centuries and completely annihilated local religions/culture there. 

Muslims too ruled us for centuries....Marathas, Sikhs, Rajputs, tribals, basically all non Bengalis resisted but kuch hua? They too imposed severe violence, destroyed temples, meddled with local beliefs. Never underestimate the subservience of our people no matter how brutal the enemies. That tradition still continues today. 

Yes, but India never became 100 % Anglicized or Arabic. That itself is a miracle.

You must remember that none of the invasions were easy. The queen of Babylon Semiramis got an embarrassing defeat, even if Alexander managed to defeat Porus there was enough damage inflicted on the Macedonians psychologically that they didn't have courage to move further into India. Umayyads easily conquered middle East, north africa and Iberian peninsula, but the king of Sindh gave them a hard time single handedly. The native Americans never experienced invasions which is why they didn't fight back against Spaniards, Indians on the other hand were too battle scarred to easily submit. 

Also don't mistake subservience for weakness, the Indian understanding (at least the ancient one) of strength was very different, there was firm belief in gritty endurance than might (the commonly accepted meaning of strength).

On 7/7/2018 at 5:40 PM, Gollum said:

@asterix bhai can you merge the recent Arunachal thread over here? That too is church related with huge ramifications in the North East. If thread merging doesn't fall under mod's jurisdiction it's fine...I'll post future developments related to this topic on this thread. 

So that turned out to be fake news as Ram Madhav himself rubbished it. Liberandus know how to needle twitter sanghis. Never believe anything that a liberandu publication puts out - rule of thumb. 

7 hours ago, surajmal said:

There are 250+ missing children. How is this not a worldwide news let alone major national news? That mfer Arnab goswami is too a crypto it seems. 

1 hour ago, diga said:

Google is your friend

I googled and it shows 5 babies were sold and not 250+

Link

That is why I wondered from where did this figure of 250+ came.

These were 2 individuals who committed this crime. And the Trust didn't have any role in hiding this incident. The missionary network of Christians is vast as compared to Muslims or Hindus. And black sheep are present everywhere. 

I don't think it would be fair to criticize and do negative propaganda against the Trust only for the sake of communal hatred. 

The trust has been doing brilliant work for the poor people, and this work should continue. 

I have no problems if Priests are punished for raping women and children, along with Church if it tried to hide the crimes of the priests. 

1 hour ago, Alam_dar said:

I googled and it shows 5 babies were sold and not 250+

Link

That is why I wondered from where did this figure of 250+ came.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/nation/2018/jul/07/no-record-of-280-births-at-missionaries-of-charitys-ranchi-facility-police-1839753.html

@surajmal has clearly said 250+ missing.. sleep well dude, your comprehension skils are on the wane

On 7/11/2018 at 4:37 PM, diga said:

http://www.newindianexpress.com/nation/2018/jul/07/no-record-of-280-births-at-missionaries-of-charitys-ranchi-facility-police-1839753.html

@surajmal has clearly said 250+ missing.. sleep well dude, your comprehension skils are on the wane

Thank you. 

(Nevertheless, better rule is one has to provide the link to the news if one is making a claim. It is certainly possible that other person may not find the exact news through googling. It may be other person may have comprehension problems). 

Let us wait for the investigations. If Trust itself found guilty of doing these crimes, or hiding these crimes, then it would be a utter shame. 

Nevertheless, if this is a crime by few individuals, then hopefully people don't malign mother Teresa and whole Christian community for this. 

8 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

Nevertheless, if this is a crime by few individuals, then hopefully people don't malign mother Teresa and whole Christian community for this. 

Mother Teresa was more concerned about spreading christianity than doing any charity... Any decent book will tell you that. 

11 hours ago, diga said:

Mother Teresa was more concerned about spreading christianity than doing any charity... Any decent book will tell you that. 

For me it is fully ok if she was not by force imposing Christianity upon the others, but trying to win the favours by serving the humanity. 

Muslims and Hindus and Atheists are also free to provide such services to people in India and compete with her. 

On 7/11/2018 at 4:27 AM, surajmal said:

Teresa Charity selling kids.

Disgusting if it is true. I dont consider Teresa as any saint and I dont really recognize her work as Nobel. So I am not surprised that such a thing is happening there. I know she is not responsible for this incidence but I am just saying. It is horrible to know that 250 kids are missing and no MSM is losing sleep over it but 1 lynching gets attention from all the channels, news media, Social Media and what not. Just to top it up, Bollywood even throws in a movie on it as well.

I am not taking sides with hindus, muslims, buddhist or christians or Sikhs. I dont care about religions. My only concern is that they all should get equal treatments. There is no such as younger child or weaker child or a stronger child. I see them, find them and consider them as absolutely equal. At par with each other in their own ways.