Test Cricket is Best Cricket

Gollum

If everytime someone has to reiterate that test cricket is the best means you have already lost the argument.

I am not so insecure that I keep on starting threads that IPL is the best.

If it is trulythe best you dont have to remind us. Let it die its slow natural death.

16 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Different pleasures of each .. A good Die Hard/MI film vs a Lawrence of Arabia. Each has its own joy for the fan.

i like old western movies though :sad_smile:

i like 3.30hrs once upon a time in the west , dollars trilogy  to django etc etc 

7 hours ago, Khota said:

If everytime someone has to reiterate that test cricket is the best means you have already lost the argument.

I am not so insecure that I keep on starting threads that IPL is the best.

If it is trulythe best you dont have to remind us. Let it die its slow natural death.

no you are not understanding.

Look at it this way.

same story of good family and bad inlaws family - fighting - and scheming against each other , ending up ruining each other.

1, you can have that in a short story - screen adapt it in a sas bahu TV show for few episodes and it would be something for getting mid day trp for sure from the ladies.

2, You can write it as a big arse Mahabharat and screen adapt it to have a trilogy movie to make it run for few years.

Similarly: 

Its just that tests give the small contests in cricket time to get center stage - and play out in a grand stage.

Test cricket allows small aspects of the fine game be played out for an audience who care to see it. t20 and ODI simply do not have the time for it.

9 hours ago, FischerTal said:

if you have the time. realistically, only old geezers and those jobless uncles hanging around chaiwallah have time to watch test cricket.

i stick to highlights. 

You don't have to watch all of it, even a session or two per day is enough to absorb the beauty. I missed a lot of action yesterday, yet getting updates on the phone was equally nerve wracking....especially when it looked like we would concede a huge lead. 

I am emotionally wrecked, these 3 days have taken a huge toll on my nervous system I tell ya all. In all honesty during such keenly contested edge of the seat test matches I go through more range of emotions than an entire WC campaign. I pity the nincompoops who have not learnt to enjoy the wonder that is 5 day cricket. I so wish we play 12 test matches per year, evenly spread out on home/away basis for as long as I am alive. 

26 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I am emotionally wrecked, these 3 days have taken a huge toll on my nervous system I tell ya all. In all honesty during such keenly contested edge of the seat test matches I go through more range of emotions than an entire WC campaign. I pity the nincompoops who have not learnt to enjoy the wonder that is 5 day cricket. I so wish we play 12 test matches per year, evenly spread out on home/away basis for as long as I am alive. 

Keep calm or you won't see those 12 tests a year 

A few more twists and turns tomorrow..Karthik gets out early, Pandya scores 15 in a partnership with Kohli then Shami and Yadav hang about for a while that leaves Sharma to get out 3 runs short and Kohli' left on 95 not out :biggrin:

6 minutes ago, Bilal78 said:

Absaloutly agree with OP, Test cricket is amazing, especially in England, England have upheld a great tradition and I love watching Sky as it’s so amazing, you have classic cricket grounds, a dark red ball and a very good croud, the debate is also amazing as it’s nice to just watch the analysis although I liked the verdict which is basically the same, Test cricket in the SC is really boring though, you hardly have a croud with rubbish pitches and you don’t get good contests, Test cricket in the SC must improve.

this series is going to be epic though, With India the better team however England have home advantage.

Agree and disagree. A test match on a turning track in the subcontinent is equally gripping.