Test Cricket is Best Cricket

Gollum

I'd go 

1. ODIs - not the crap we have now. I mean the good old ODIs where we had only 1 ball for 50 overs and the boundaries were right back. Depending on the conditions/wicket what a good score was actually varied so much. ODIs played in the 96-03 period were superb . 

2. Tests - currently my favourite format. Test matches in all countries have their own charm and I try to watch matches involving both teams from amongst IND/SA/OZ/ENG/NZ/PAK.

3. International T20's - Only interested in world T20.

4. IPL/BBL- just keep updated on upcoming players.

5. . Other leagues - couldnt care less .

I cannot wait for the Test championship. But BCCI need to take care of the schedule, not the usual crap of 2 years of continuous home season and 2 years of overseas tours. They are killing off their own brand with this pathetic schedule. 

And don't play long series against minnows. Two test matches are more than enough. 

Edited by Lannister
1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Can any ODI or IPL win give this much joy?

World Cup atmosphere easily trumps Tests.  India still talks about the iconic 1983 WC win. And in the end, it's about competitive and interesting cricket.  This series is exciting due to conditions.  You can easily have snoozefests in Tests where it is either one-sided contests that the fans can't take the defeats or a 600+ run feasts resulting in draws.

3 hours ago, Singh bling said:

And this is all we thought in CT 2017 and we all know what happened

I think you missed my point. For example in footbal.

During penalty shootouts, If striker scores, Its expected. If he doesnt, Goalkeeper is winner.

Nowadays, playing against Pakistan is like England playing against Scotland. If Scotland wins it, It becomes a big news. If England wins. Its BAU. Same happened in CT17.

Edited by mishra
26 minutes ago, mishra said:

I think you missed my point. For example in footbal.

During penalty shootouts, If striker scores, Its expected. If he doesnt, Goalkeeper is winner.

Nowadays, playing against Pakistan is like England playing against Scotland. If Scotland wins it, It becomes a big news. If England wins. Its BAU. Same happened in CT17.

Pakistan has improved a lot in last 1-2 years .Your analogy of India vs Pakistan as England vs Scotland is just not true.

30 minutes ago, velu said:

attendance on 4th day :   11,073 :rotfl:  

That's all right, not many people understand Einstein's work or appreciate Mozart's music either. For majority Whatsapp Physics University/flat Earth theory :p: and Justin Bieber lip syncs will do. 

32 minutes ago, velu said:

my ass 

to OP :finger:

:finger: to you.

Edited by Gollum