Performances of Batsmen

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

I think many Icfers wanted Jaddu to bat at 5, today we saw that. 

That move had nothing to do with Rahane's output he wouldn't score a run at any position. 

The guy is just useless, Kohli should have dropped him. 

Drop rahane pujara. Jaddu maybe at 7. Or ash. Jaddu doesn't seem good in swing conditions. 

Put Rahul in middle order. 

Need a complete revamp of this crappy team. Apart from Rohit, none of the top 7 should play the next test. Pant will be a great player, I think, but his batting is not suited for Eng conditions and more importantly he is confused and out of form. Move KL to middle order and have him keep in 4th test.

play easwaran/shaw, mayank, sky, etc.

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

Our specislist batsmen need to have the attitude that Shardul displayed today.

Why be so meek in their approach  !!

Stop being afraid of the English trundlers and attack them in a thoughtful manner. Don't let them settle down to a good line and length.

Make the English bowlers afraid with controlled aggression. 

Lord Shardul is a fine batsman. I felt so even before that 60-odd in Oz. yes, there will be times when he gets out cheaply but the man has a dynamism and flow about his batting. In ODIs/T20s, I think he could even become a top 6 batter.

We really need to carefully think about domestic batsmen suited for tests going ahead. I had high hopes for sarfaraz khan in 2019, but the pandemic derailed his progress significantly. Although I don't think he has the game for Eng/NZ/RSA, I feel that he can do well in most other countries - had he played in 2020, we could have seen more of him.

Ideally, both Rat and Rahane should be out of team, but fat chance of that happening. I watched nearly all of the innings and I thought that these two looked the most unconvincing of the lot (apart from a 30-ball period where kohli did bat very well). Chepu started well, went into a rut. ditto for KL. they need to avoid getting bogged down. rohit played extremely well. shardul was dynamic as usual, and pretty solid too. Pant displayed a lot more maturity and seemed more like his old self.

I have been wondering about the following matter. In the Fab 5, SRT and Dravid finished with 50+ avgs and Sehwag was not far away from it; just that he had a period of severe decline. Assuming that Kohli finishes with a 50+ career avg (which is not guaranteed), I am wondering who will be our next batsman to play 50+ tests and end with a career avg > 50. With the trend moving toward bowling-friendly pitches, it will be pretty difficult. I wonder if any of Gill, Shaw, Sundar, etc. can do so or whether we are fated to have only 40+ avg batsmen hereafter. the avg, of course, is not a problem by itself since the primary goal is to win matches. Nevertheless, I wonder about this because the avg of 50 is usually seen as the benchmark for approaching ATG status.

4 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I have been wondering about the following matter. In the Fab 5, SRT and Dravid finished with 50+ avgs and Sehwag was not far away from it; just that he had a period of severe decline. Assuming that Kohli finishes with a 50+ career avg (which is not guaranteed), I am wondering who will be our next batsman to play 50+ tests and end with a career avg > 50. With the trend moving toward bowling-friendly pitches, it will be pretty difficult. I wonder if any of Gill, Shaw, Sundar, etc. can do so or whether we are fated to have only 40+ avg batsmen hereafter. the avg, of course, is not a problem by itself since the primary goal is to win matches. Nevertheless, I wonder about this because the avg of 50 is usually seen as the benchmark for approaching ATG status.

Gill has the game. But it would depend on his temperament whether he ends up averaging 50+ or 35-.

Just now, express bowling said:

Gill has the game. But it would depend on his temperament whether he ends up averaging 50+ or 35-.

I just hope that he doesn't allow himself to be pulled too much into emulating seniors. while it is true that likes of chepu, rat, even rahane in the past rendered good service, on current form they are clearly fading away. He (Gill) must forge his own game and his own way of batting - sometimes I feel he tries to emulate kohli too much.

I think Sundar is another possibility, especially if he bats at 5.

22 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Na youngsters chale, na oldies chale. Cant point finger at any individual. Both games have been a collective failure. 

There must be some trouble brewing within the team.

Kohli And Shastri leaving and MSD as mentor ... it seems like there is total hotch potch in the dressing room. 

Edited by express bowling

The oldies sucked, Pant had one decent innings but then that shot against Milne will ruin everything:ahhhhh:

SKY shouldnt have been niggled out, he is the best attacker against spin, wont comment on Ishan as he didn't get too many deliveries...

The one guy I have a problem with is KL. Guy at his peak, playing in his favourite position with others moving around positions, gets ample deliveries to play himself in but doesnt turn up....

He should be sidelined for good if he wants to play as an opener. Only Lower Middle order where he just has to throw his bat around, no building the batting around this mental midget