Performances of Batsmen

22 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Gill batting 118 off just 89 balls

SR of 133 in an ODI

And a big congrats to the young man on his 1st century in international cricket.

What stood out for me was the control with which he batted and how organized his batting was. Looked a class apart. All the other batsmen struggled big time.

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Yash Dhull and Yashashvi Jaiswal have raised their hands really high for inclusion in the Unofficial Test squad for India A 

In fact it is a big surprise that Jaiswal has been ignored for this series vs NZ.

Is it really a "big" surprise, bro, given this bunch of noob selectors?

On a diff note, I rate Dhull higher than Jasiwal. I've been seeing cricket for a long time, and there are talents who burn out/crash too early (e.g., kambli). but what I can and will say is that dhull impresses me to a degree that few 19 yr olds did... more so than kohli, shaw, jasiwal when they were 19 and perhaps even a shade ahead of gill. The reason I rate him so highly is because of the unusual combination of multiple desirable factors: (a) reasonably solid technique, (b) attacking intent without taking risks (can easily score at 70+ SR in FCs), (c) intent and ability to score big (every time he passed 50, he also passed 100; of his 4 100s, nearly 2 were doubles).

A team like the one below may do well in the future provided that these players maintain their hunger+fitness and (equally importantly) get a steady run:

1. Jaiswal

2. Dhull

3. Glass-man (Sundar)

4. Gill

5. sarfaraz

6. Bunt (Pant)

[nos. 2 & 3 can be swapped if needed; ditto for 3 &4]. this lineup has a good mixture of LHBs and RHBs. moreover, 2 in the top 6 bowl - jasiwal and glass-man.

another person who impressed me has been shahbaz, although I was skeptical about him for FC. he has enough batting & bowling chops to play at 7 (mulani might be another option). if nishant sindhu develops well, he could move into the top 5, 6, or 7 - an organized batter who bowls tidily.

thoughts, @express bowling?

Edited by Vijy