Performances of Batsmen

As I posted in another post, Mayank's got moxie. During Duncan Fletcher's initial regime at England, he used to pick players purely either on strokeplay or moxie like Marcus Trescothick, Michael Vaughan, Craig White, etc. Mayank seems to have a good head on his shoulders- he was disappointed after his second 70 in Australia, which shows his hunger and his expectation from himself. We will see Mayank in England and New Zealand to determine the trajectory of his career.

7 minutes ago, Peshust said:

As I posted in another post, Mayank's got moxie. During Duncan Fletcher's initial regime at England, he used to pick players purely either on strokeplay or moxie like Marcus Trescothick, Michael Vaughan, Craig White, etc. Mayank seems to have a good head on his shoulders- he was disappointed after his second 70 in Australia, which shows his hunger and his expectation from himself. We will see Mayank in England and New Zealand to determine the trajectory of his career.

He transformed himself from his under19 days.He has been very good and well earned place in the team.

Kohli remains not out on 254 off just 336 balls at a SR of 76.

This is his 7th double century in test cricket and his highest score.

Crosses 7000 test runs.

Averaging  55.11 in tests now after all of 81 tests with 26 centuries.

Claiming his place as one of the best test batsmen by scoring lots of runs both home and away.

Edited by express bowling

Test batting averages of Indian batsmen now

Mayank.    60.50

Kohli.         55.11

Pujara.      49 83

Pant.         44.35

Rohit.        44.23

Rahane.    42.42

Vihari.       42.36

India is putting together a decently strong top order test batting at last.

And what I like is that Pujara, Mayank, Vihari and Pant have joined Kohli in scoring runs outside Asia too.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Test batting averages of Indian batsmen now

Mayank.    60.50

Kohli.         55.11

Pujara.      49 83

Pant.         44.35

Rohit.        44.23

Rahane.    42.42

Vihari.       42.36

India is putting together a decently strong top order test batting at last.

And what I like is that Pujara, Mayank, Vihari and Pant have joined Kohli in scoring runs outside Asia too.

To be fair before last overseas cycle Rahul and Vijay had decent stats too.This is where Mayank will be tested, he looked out of sorts against Roach in WI.

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

He did.  But Mayank scored runs in Australia.  That gives us hope.

Rahul too did score runs in Australia (he was feast or famine in his early days) but Mayank looks more solid but he also has tendency to fish out side offstump.Rahul has been throughly exposed and any good bowler is able to exploit his weaknesses.

I have no hope on Rohit to last in SENA countries.

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

Rahul too did score runs in Australia (he was feast or famine in his early days) but Mayank looks more solid but he also has tendency to fish out side offstump.Rahul has been throughly exposed and any good bowler is able to exploit his weaknesses.

I have no hope on Rohit to last in SENA countries.

The differences between Mayank and Rahul in Australia on their first tours are

1)  Mayank had two 70+ scores and another 40+ in 3 innings while Rahul had just one 100+ score and a few other failures. 

2)  Pitches on the 2018-19 ,tour of Australia were spicier than the 2014-15 tour 

23 hours ago, express bowling said:

The differences between Mayank and Rahul in Australia on their first tours are

1)  Mayank had two 70+ scores and another 40+ in 3 innings while Rahul had just one 100+ score and a few other failures. 

2)  Pitches on the 2018-19 ,tour of Australia were spicier than the 2014-15 tour 

Mayank is also more seasoned and has more allround test game.Rahul has become flashy.

Edited by putrevus