Rishabh Pant performance watch thread

tweaker

11 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Fastest Indian WK to reach 1000 runs as well despite playing majority of games away from home 

The most valuable 1000 runs ever scored in the history of cricket.  As far as I am concerned, he is an ATG even if he goes the rest of his career without scoring a single run or taking another catch.  Very few players seize such clutch moments multiple times to create history - he is one of them.  Any future Pant-criticism will be met with 89*(138).

5 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Right .

There is definite improvement even in his leg side play if we watch him play now (esp. the last innings he played )

- We saw sweeping it along the ground to Lyon and not hitting it up while sweeping as he was doing earlier .

-  Looks to play a powerfull pull shot If the balls are rising below the Helmet ( Back of length balls /Just short of length) . Always envied when Pooran was doing it and wanted Pant to follow it.

- Plays with a rather straight bat when he wants single or 2 towards mid on , wide mid wicket . Earlier use to play a crude flick  towards square leg from stumps playing too much across .

Now the question is will he bring this to his One day game or forget all of it and just do slam bang and get out ???

Just the fact that Pant is on the crease changes mindset of bowlers . I think Lyon would have been all over our batsmen had they played defensively. It was foolish on Lyon \s part to bowl flat & outside off stump for so long . He should have made Pant to come out & hit him down the ground  even allowing for 4-5 sixes . Had he got him even after 4-5 sixes , India would not have gone for the win perhaps .

Reason why Lyon did not do it was the fear due to the mauling he got in Sydney from Pant .  

Even in one dayers the longer he stays , opposition team plans will go hay wire and may make bowlers to bowl some bad balls anticipating attack from him. 

1 time 80's  : 89*
4 time in 90's : 92,92,91,97
2 time 100+ : 159* 118

I like his fearless attitude and he doesn't go after his personal milestones. But some part of me thinks he should be careful in 90s. 5 year down the line, critics will say he doesn't have centuries for India. These 90s will hurt him. 

Just imagine if he had 6 centuries! Nobody could have dared to raise eyebrows on his selection. I think in future he can be played as pure batsman too. 

2 hours ago, puneet28 said:

1 time 80's  : 89*
4 time in 90's : 92,92,91,97
2 time 100+ : 159* 118

I like his fearless attitude and he doesn't go after his personal milestones. But some part of me thinks he should be careful in 90s. 5 year down the line, critics will say he doesn't have centuries for India. These 90s will hurt him. 

Just imagine if he had 6 centuries! Nobody could have dared to raise eyebrows on his selection. I think in future he can be played as pure batsman too. 

Another thing is  ... a century does not necessarily mean just a 100.

He plays so fast that scoring 150 or 220 will just be a matter of a few more balls.

And the extra runs will help team India.

He needs to reduce his lofted shots. He has such an all round game these days that he does not need that many lofted shots to score runs.

1 hour ago, beetle said:

The disgusting TM is at it again .

Kohli in and the mindless criticism has again begin....this time openly through the mouth of Pujara. Hey Puji  ....may be you should have the guts to say something against the failures at the top. May be you have the guts to learn something from the kid on how to not be a snoozefest!

What did Pujara say?

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

What is the need for public statements  ??

I sense its Kohli and the TM behind the scenes. Pujara is just their mouthpiece so was Ashwin in his youtube interviews with the assistant coaches praising rat and bewda. Time to revisit that kutti stories of assistant coaches as we have been outplayed in all departments so far this test and leave some interesting comments :phehe: If we lose tomorrow, those videos are going to be targetted :laugh:

1 minute ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

One minor criticism - he was exhausted by the time he had reached his 60s. Needs to knock off a few more kilos and improve his stamina and endurance strength

I think he is good, his overall body is quite similar to Dhoni. These guys are brawny & burly, they will never appear lanky.