Rishabh Pant performance watch thread

tweaker

On 5/3/2018 at 10:27 AM, rkt.india said:

Pant is a leg side hack, won't stand chance against top class bowling.

On 5/1/2018 at 5:25 PM, Rasgulla said:

Average player who hacks everything on leg side.. Long way to 2 go, might just disappear like many hyped players before him lol. Don't even bother 

On 3/13/2018 at 12:09 AM, Rasgulla said:

Pant bandwagon shifted to DK..:giggle: 

Chalo atleast didn't pick a legside hack this time. 

We are all Dk IN so..

On 6/5/2018 at 1:16 AM, Vilander said:

Pros : He can hack it in IPL quite a lot. Cons : He cant hack it outside where it swings.

On 2/16/2018 at 12:34 PM, Cricket_Fan said:

And Kedar,Iyer and Manish can handle 140s how? Raina even with his tummy can bat and field better than these three.

Pant couldn't put his bat against lallu A team bowlers and was batting like a deer infront of headlights against England in the same match when a pot-bellied Raina smoked them.Sure that leg-side slogger will bat better than Raina.First let him score some good runs against a decent A team lineup and then we will take about whether he is good enough for international cricket.

On 5/1/2018 at 4:57 PM, Austin 3:!6 said:

Pant is a hack. I want him to be successful but his few appearances in international matches gives no confidence. He was struggling against mighty SL bowlers in Nidahas trophy. Him succeeding in England will be close to a miracle and world cup is no place for trial and error. Pandey, though selfish has shown the best temperament among all youngsters. I might also consider Rayudu at no. 5

We will know soon.

Fearless batting today but he looked a bit loose outside off. Hope he does well tomorrow when batting conditions will be tougher with the dark clouds around. Seriously why is Dhoni still playing white ball cricket? 

Edited by Gollum
1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Fearless batting today but he looked a bit loose outside off. Hope he does well tomorrow when batting conditions will be tougher with the dark clouds around. Seriously why is Dhoni still playing white ball cricket? 

pant will replace DK not Dhoni :p:

here comes another thread for you guys 

1 minute ago, Switchblade said:

That's what I was thinking that haven't seen a thread from you for the past 5 days or so.Do you smile like him as well when you create his thread :laugh: now please don't smile and say well of course you know and explain like him your thoughts behind it :laugh:.

dhoni is one of my top #5 cricketers .. sachin too there in my top #5 :p: 

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.thequint.com/amp/story/sports%2Fsports-buzz%2Frishabh-pant-scores-first-test-runs-six-twitter-reacts

A batsman would usually get off the mark in Test cricket with a quick single, but in Rishabh Pant’s case, it was slightly different. On the wicketkeeper-batsman’s second delivery on Test debut against England, Pant came dancing down the track and struck the ball over the straight boundary off Adil Rashid’s bowling.

Not expecting any miracles from him,it's not even certain whether he ll play the next test,I am happy he is trying to play his game,which I think Pandya can take a cue from.Pandya has played some top on drives in the series so far but somehow I feel he has also started believing in this madness he is a premier batsman in this side,which he can never be.

One thing is for sure 1st class stats do tell us something about a player,Pandya has no experience of building an innings or playing a big innings and here he is trying to learn all that playing test cricket.The joke is on us.

Pant if he gets a consistent run,I am pretty sure will be more fruitful because he actually knows a thing or two about scoring tons.

31 minutes ago, tweaker said:

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.thequint.com/amp/story/sports%2Fsports-buzz%2Frishabh-pant-scores-first-test-runs-six-twitter-reacts

A batsman would usually get off the mark in Test cricket with a quick single, but in Rishabh Pant’s case, it was slightly different. On the wicketkeeper-batsman’s second delivery on Test debut against England, Pant came dancing down the track and struck the ball over the straight boundary off Adil Rashid’s bowling.

Can only imagine the hate he would have had it gone horribly wrong. Selectors would declare him to be not fit for internationals as of now based on just one innings. Dhoni's fboys would be cheerful more than dhoni doing lunges for them.

It's funny how since it came off its brave.

44 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Can only imagine the hate he would have had it gone horribly wrong. Selectors would declare him to be not fit for internationals as of now based on just one innings. Dhoni's fboys would be cheerful more than dhoni doing lunges for them.

It's funny how since it came off its brave.

It seemed pretty risk free.

If not six, it would have been four.

This is closer to his natural game.

Broad or andu pe nahi risk liya...

But you are right in general.

Chal gaya to taaliyan.:congrats:

Nahi chala to gaalian!!!:motz:

Edited by beetle
22 minutes ago, beetle said:

It seemed pretty risk free.

If not six, it would have been four.

This is closer to his natural game.

Broad or andu pe nahi risk liya...

But you are right in general.

Chal gaya to taaliyan.:congrats:

Nahi chala to gaalian!!!:motz:

And most important thing was that he read googly early.

If you don't read the ball, then doesn't matter what shot you play.