Tennis: US Open 2018

Gollum

Guys, Alex De Minaurnis going to be the next big thing. I can surelys ee him winning slams. Rhe guy fights dor every point like crazy. I saw him in person two straight tournaments - in US Open and in Citi Open in WashigtonDC and every match he has shown promise that he is a slam

contender in coming years.

Still bit raw but he will win a slam some day.

Also Karen Khachanov is an amazing taleny. These two for me are the deal for now.

7 hours ago, Turning_track said:

Federer lost to John Millman, first time Roger lost to a 50+ ranking opponent in US open. It would have been fun watching Federer Vs Djokovic. 

Humidity troubled Roger a lot as he admitted in the PC having struggled to breathe during the match. 

37. extreme weathers will beat elite athletes in their 30s in tennis, nevermind nearing dinosaur age in tennis. 

Its too bad, but i think a lot of people got carried away with his successes in the last year and half thinking it'd be a new era of Federer- well, he is now in terminal decline i think. One last huzzah and its over for him. 

6 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

37. extreme weathers will beat elite athletes in their 30s in tennis, nevermind nearing dinosaur age in tennis. 

Its too bad, but i think a lot of people got carried away with his successes in the last year and half thinking it'd be a new era of Federer- well, he is now in terminal decline i think. One last huzzah and its over for him. 

Yes, age is showing its effects on him. If he's having trouble over here, it will be more difficult for him during peak Aussie summer in next year's A.O.

On 8/28/2018 at 3:55 PM, DHONI_FANN said:

I think it will be either Del Potro or Djokovic 

On 8/28/2018 at 1:55 AM, Gollum said:

Looks like I was spot on with my prediction :aha:

I don’t like demeaning Tennis greats like. NAdal and his fans, but its pathetic to see 7th time in a row Nadal retiring from a game when he is 2 sets down in a grandslam. Just complete the freaking game and lose like a man and behave like a champion. He messes up his legacy by doing this stuff. No one is going to take away the honor he has of winning 17 slams but he and his fans must take the criticism that Nadal does this shyt every time he feels he can’t come back in the game.

This is 7 times now. Absolute Bs.

On 8/28/2018 at 2:10 AM, Gollum said:

Following this US open regularly even though  timing is horrible for me. Just didn't post here :dontknow:

Even though Nole has a good H2H against Del potro i feel if Del potro serves the final will be more than competitive.

Nole facing big hitter for the first time :nervous:  This reminds me of Stan-Nole USO 2016 final.

This might go the distance :pop2:

Ajde Nole :cheer:

Absolute horrific behavour from Serena in the final. Refereeing was bad but Serena’s behavour was worse. She should have taken the decision sportingly. The whole drama about “I have a daughter” etc was bs and nasty. Referee just penalised her for one point and she kept on going. I do feel referee could have been less harsh but he was still well within his rules to put the violation.

Serena’s behavour was absolutely apalling.