Pant is caught with his pants down in test cricket !!!

velu

5 hours ago, velu said:

@Number  my thread is anyway nothing related to dhoni , since you brought it up

dhoni in his first series in englad .. 5 innings scored 209 runs at an average of 52 ( strike rate 66++ )

dhoni in his last series in englad .. 10 innings scored 349 runs at an average of 35 ( strike rate 49++ )

Conditions for batting in 2007 and this series are chalk and cheese. I can bet Pant will have at least one century outside SC after he completes 10 years of intl career.

Pant has played 5 innings , despite being poor with bat he has still  out scored jonny bairstow an established batsman. 

So be fair dont bash for bashing.
Johnny is playing with a broken finger.
Else he was doing very well earlier.
A better comparison will be Jos Buttler TBF

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Pant took some catches, but is no way near test quality keeper. The less said about his batting the better.

Has no footwork behind the stumps. 

Most of the byes weren't his fault, but he missed some straight forward takes. A long way to go.

Anyone know when Saha is expected to be fit again?

He had too much footwork, in some sense. He often overcommitted to one movement too early, and was caught with his pants down (sorry ...) when there was a deflection. Coming from a different sport, I would suggest he needs to wait longer and then move explosively. That does not necessarily mean diving (like Karthik) or letting everything go that is not within an arm's reach (like Dhoni at his worst), just holding off on the shuffle steps as long as possible and then doing them quickly.

I read near the end of August that Saha expects his full recovery to take four months.:nervous:

Often, when Pant dives, he is going the wrong way first. As a result, the maximum distance he gains is not much more than if he had been standing still and had stretched out his arm instead. A nice contrast would be James Foster (Essex). If you see his catches, you will see him stand still till the last moment in a half squat (he does not(!) start in a full crouch - neither does Saha) and then move. Of course knowing when to step and when to dive comes only with experience ...

On the same note, it is important to keep body shape when diving - again, Foster is a prime example of this. The more uncoordinated flailing there is with legs and hands, the less distance one covers, and the lower the chance of actually holding on to the ball when you do reach it.

Edited by abc
6 minutes ago, abc said:

Often, when Pant dives, he is going the wrong way first. As a result, the maximum distance he gains is not much more than if he had been standing still and had stretched out his arm instead. A nice contrast would be James Foster (Essex). If you see his catches, you will see him stand still till the last moment in a half squat (he does not(!) start in a full crouch - neither does Saha) and then move. Of course knowing when to step and when to dive comes only with experience ...

On the same note, it is important to keep body shape when diving - again, Foster is a prime example of this. The more uncoordinated flailing there is with legs and hands, the less distance one covers, and the larger the chance of actually holding on to the ball when you do reach it.

completely agree with you ..

he preempts his move way too early .. good example is his two drops of buttler ( one in 3rd test and other in 4th )..

but pant is very agile