Pant is caught with his pants down in test cricket !!!

velu

16 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

No pressure? 

Abe 121 pe 5 ho chuke the. Ab kya maidan me tatti karta wo?

I think enough Pant bashing was done  for almost 1 month  and even deservedly to an extent. After 1st test innings looked totally confused . 

But its time to give some credit . What is shown that boy has something special in stroke making. Defence not there yet . 

Keeping better than expected  but long way to go. 

Some one you should persisit with and see the  results after 1 year.

36 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Why no pressure ?

This match was a goner . England can still win as new ball is due .

Andeson is bowling even now at 70+ overs with old ball.  Its not that some dollies being thrown at. 

Last test. Dead rubber. Series already lost. 121-5 nobody is expecting the team to win. Best batsman in the team out for 0. Opposition is not coming hard at you. If you lose ur wicket  no one is going to blame you. Definition of no pressure

Pressure was in 4th test 1st innings when we needed a crucial lead to level the series.

6 minutes ago, R.D forever said:

Last test. Dead rubber. Series already lost. 121-5 nobody is expecting the team to win. Best batsman in the team out for 0. Opposition is not coming hard at you. If you lose ur wicket  no one is going to blame you. Definition of no pressure

Pressure was in 4th test 1st innings when we needed a crucial lead to level the series.

If Pant had failed with the bat today ...  there would have been 50% chance of Karthick replacing him against the WI ...  and people saying that he is not yet ready for the big stage.

46 minutes ago, R.D forever said:

agreed. Its a no pressure situation. So its all just about handling of pressure which he will learn - he has skill to do very well. Sme with Rahul then.

well played young man ...showed that he has immense talent..... and what could he achieve for the team if  he played his own aggressive  positive  game. Now need to develop  lot more grit to handle tough situations  , a lot of which can come with experience.

Him being a left hander adds more to it.And with a little more polishing he can become that 1 core component of this team.

On 9/10/2018 at 7:07 PM, UrmiSinhaRay said:

True that.
But the pressure to make Pant debut was intense.
I always maintained that PR and marketing will kill Pant's career before it has even begun

Dhoni/Dinesh/Pappu/Saha got saved because at their time there was no propaganda machine like this
And we too fell for the Pant hype.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

What PR backing nonsense.

If a person performs in domestics and A teams , he is a front runner for a place.

If saha had not got injured, he would not have got a chance.

If PR worked so much , he would have got a better deal in LOIs where the guy got treated badly.

18 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Well, there's more thing going in the background that even we can imagine lol.
I heard just now that there was a lot of money riding on Cook's century and Kohli's golden duck. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Pant has done pretty well- but the hype Behind his name makes me pretty suspicious.
Must have some good political/underworld backing.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

If political connections worked so well , laaloo prasad yadav's son would be in the national team.

Why this constant need to downplay the hardwork of people?

The world does have a place for merit and hardwork and people  make a name by hardwork too.

Dostiyaari, PR , political connections and like you believe, dropping pants and sleeping around may work for some.....but most others come up through hard work .

Why downplay the work of a youngster who has come through the ranks....crossing every requirements of merit?

He is not here even just because of ipl.

He has worked hard in domestics and done well to merit a place in the national team.

He has ticked every box.

Now he has to work harder to prove he belongs. 

Edited by beetle