India vs Afg | Asia Cup 2018 | SUPER 4 | Dubai | Sep 25, 17:00 IST

Shunya

8 minutes ago, RAZPOR said:

SO??? That still holds.

Teams like England ,Australia, SA will be lucky to cross 200 against AFGHANISTAN  with their spin attack.

Thought it was unbelievably arrogant at the time and even a few decent posters got caught up in it all. Looking from the outside India's current strength in depth is poor for a country of it's size where cricket is undisputed king of all sports. If today's XI rocked up to play a SF against NZ, England, Aus or SA at full strength I think those teams would be licking their lips

11 minutes ago, YCCC said:

Thought it was unbelievably arrogant at the time and even a few decent posters got caught up in it all. Looking from the outside India's current strength in depth is poor for a country of it's size where cricket is undisputed king of all sports. If today's XI rocked up to play a SF against NZ, England, Aus or SA at full strength I think those teams would be licking their lips

Look at India a and b's record and u 19's record.

and the selections in the main squad have not been the best.

and this size argument is the most stupid thing ever to come up when people have no meaningful argument to come up with ,having more people doesn't mean necessarily you can identify all the talents in all of them as a matter of fact its a bigger resource drain and need for much bigger funds and more qualified coaches and funds to train and employ these coaches,resources we still don't have in smaller cities and towns,let alone rural areas.

England with all its money and resources still sucks at most major team sports even with their main teams,despite having sizable population and all the resources in money and training at grassroots level.

Edited by RAZPOR
2 minutes ago, YCCC said:

Throw Rishabh Pant and Shaw into the mix and the aforementioned teams might be a little more nervous but not by much. Bowling still looks weak

I do not see Ind B doing that great outside Ind vs full strength sides of top teams .... However, note that this bowling attack is not the best as some of the players are selected based on quota system 

I would rate Ind's best bowlers as following:

Pace

• Bumrah
  • Shami (wkt taker)
  • Khaleel 
  • Bhuvi
  • Yadav 
  • Pandya (AR who bowls at 140+)
  • Others (from what I have seen or heard (read): Saini, Mavi, Nathu, Rajpoot, etc. 

Spin

• Kuldeep
  • Chahal 
  • Jadeja
  • Krunal (AR)
  • Sunder (AR)
  • Ashwin
  • Gowtham 
  • Gopal (?) 

5 minutes ago, zen said:

I do not see Ind B doing that great outside Ind vs full strength sides of top teams .... However, note that this bowling attack is not the best as some of the players are selected based on quota system 

I would rate Ind's best bowlers as following:

Pace

• Bumrah
  • Shami (wkt taker)
  • Khaleel 
  • Bhuvi
  • Yadav 
  • Pandya (AR who bowls at 140+)
  • Others (from what I have seen or heard (read): Saini, Mavi, Nathu, Rajpoot, etc. 

Spin

• Kuldeep
  • Chahal 
  • Jadeja
  • Krunal (AR)
  • Sunder (AR)
  • Ashwin
  • Gowtham 
  • Gopal (?) 

Quota system? Never heard of this in India. Is that an unofficial system rather than the official one passed down by the SA government which I currently making SA teams much less competitive than they should be.

3 minutes ago, YCCC said:

Quota system? Never heard of this in India. Is that an unofficial system rather than the official one passed down by the SA government which I currently making SA teams much less competitive than they should be.

unofficial system where selectors of certain regions, affiliations, etc., would push for their selections 

20 minutes ago, YCCC said:

Throw Rishabh Pant and Shaw into the mix and the aforementioned teams might be a little more nervous but not by much. Bowling still looks weak

I can mention atleast 10 players who deserved to play ahead of jadeja,chahar and kaul today,selectors have been messing up for sometime now.

even axar who did so well in county,is out of team so is krunal pandya who is arguably better than pandya as a package.

At this point I believe we have most no. of guys bowling above 140+ k  in the world,selection is an issue though.

Edited by RAZPOR
4 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

Did I anywhere down play Afghans in my post???

Nope you did not may be i did not communicate well. I was suggesteting an alternate view point wherein you would be lest bothered by pak trolling. Cause i know most indian fans like afg as a second international team based out of India amd for their stupendous progress 

Edited by Vilander
2 hours ago, YCCC said:

Wasn't there a thread on here a while ago saying India A should play in world cups/CTs/WT20s and would get to the final against the full India team? :facepalm:

Wish I could find it again 

Dhoni chahar kaul have lile for like better replacements waiting at the very least. There is a full Ind B team which is stronger than this team as well. If 2 Indian teams play it will be very good for world cricket.