The Biryani Test | Ind vs WI | Hy'bad | Oct 12, 2018

zen

The biggest problem here is unlike other teams, Indian captain and coach does not have a direct voting option during selection. Selectors choose the 15, then if the captain does not like some players, they are excluded repeatedly to show dissent towards selection committee. The committee itself has some bogus ex players. But now we are stuck with a 15, whom should get a first look, the guy who has played a few more of odis and t20s or Siraj?. Siraj got hammered for 50 odd in his 1st/2nd t20 (don't remember) with so much competition,  he has only himself to blame.
see when your yardstick for selection in test cricket is couple of performances in T20s

I rest my case

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

see when your yardstick for selection in test cricket is couple of performances in T20s

I rest my case

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

No no, it is not my yardstick. The Indian selectors are thinking in this way, unfortunately Siraj has to walk that thin line. Prove himself in whatever chance he gets. I agree this creates a lot of pressure.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Only saw the last session and Ashwin's middle-leg stump line was disgusting to watch.

Ashwin is a hack. Does not qualify to be a spinner. I'd let loose a rabid stray dog on him if he appeared anywhere near a cricket ground. He sucked up to Dhoni and Srini mama for years and benefited. This lobbyism/regionalism/zoneism must die for Cricket to prosper in India.

Edited by Kothili
2 minutes ago, Kothili said:

Ashwin is a hack. Does not qualify to be a spinner. I'd let loose a rabid stray dog on him if he appeared anywhere near a cricket ground. He sucked up to Dhoni and Srini mama for years and benefited. This lobbyism/regionalism/zoneism must die for Cricket to prosper in India.

Ouch! That's brutal and rather undeserving. Has been meh for a while now but was probably the best offspinner we ever had for a period of time and decent with the bat as well. I just think he's past his prime. Are there any better offspinners than him currently in India?

11 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Ouch! That's brutal and rather undeserving. Has been meh for a while now but was probably the best offspinner we ever had for a period of time and decent with the bat as well. I just think he's past his prime. Are there any better offspinners than him currently in India?

Hardly! Ashwin can thrive only in the subcontinent. Thats where he pike dup the bulk of his test wickets. His SENA bowling avg is over 45!! He is far behind Swann and Lyon on the world stage(look at their away records).  Maybe we have no alternatives at the moment but he is hardly a great off spinner.

1 hour ago, Kothili said:

Do you expect giants when the staple food is vada pav and bhel puri?

there is something else wrong man..

i mean lets look at some samples.

Sachin Gavaskar Manju rahane .. Dilip was normal sized,  Sashtri/Ankola are Karnataka origin so do not count. 

their fast bowlers Ajit Agarkar and now Shradul are also short. 

'Kar's ' are vertically challenged..lol

34 minutes ago, Kothili said:

Are you saying it makes no difference what they eat? Midgets forever I guess. Can't do much here. :laugh:

lolz...

lets look at some samples..Ashwin Washington Sundar M Vijay , vijay shankar are all 6' or above.. hehe historically l Siva was a druggy crime against humanity hehe, other than him most are normal sized..so i dont think diet has any problem here..

its the special quality of kars..midgets.