Ayodhya Verdict

Global.Baba

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

In logon ko char char biwiyan chahiye aur mandir ke upar bane masjidey. 

The incidence of polygamy among Hindus and Muslims is almost the same, with Hindus slightly ahead in the percentage of population by that community which is polygamous.

https://scroll.in/article/669083/muslim-women-and-the-surprising-facts-about-polygamy-in-india

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

The incidence of polygamy among Hindus and Muslims is almost the same, with Hindus slightly ahead in the percentage of population by that community which is polygamous.

https://scroll.in/article/669083/muslim-women-and-the-surprising-facts-about-polygamy-in-india

Protected by law, flaunting it are different. Hindu polygamy is a crime.. There have been numerous incidents of conversion to Muslim just before marriage to avoid prosecution and also to cover up corruption (some Bank CEO married his secretary to hide crores of property). It has to be stopped so, all have the same law atleast. Flaunting it will be even then.  Why does it have to be defended everytime this is noted? 

47 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Protected by law, flaunting it are different. Hindu polygamy is a crime.. There have been numerous incidents of conversion to Muslim just before marriage to avoid prosecution and also to cover up corruption (some Bank CEO married his secretary to hide crores of property). It has to be stopped so, all have the same law atleast. Flaunting it will be even then.  Why does it have to be defended everytime this is noted? 

Not 'defending' anything. Just calling you out on your rather reprehensible statement "In logo ko char char biwiyan chahiye". If that were true, you'd see polygamy rates among Muslims to be higher than that of other groups. But the reality is completely different.

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Not 'defending' anything. Just calling you out on your rather reprehensible statement "In logo ko char char biwiyan chahiye". If that were true, you'd see polygamy rates among Muslims to be higher than that of other groups. But the reality is completely different.

I wanted your opinion on this matter. Living in Middle East i found the general rule to be ‘ country bumpkins & rich elite types of upper middle to elite class want multiple wives but most of the working class and lower middle class stick with one wives’.

Upon asking, a Muslim friend of mine I grew  up with, calmly told me ‘ why would you want the headache of two women fighting over u in the same house and all for what ? Just more ‘poon’? Upon which I was in agreements ( yeah no ****. Most women are monogamous minded, there is no changing that, very few Muslim women do backflips upon realizing that the dude wants another wife/already has one. Females are females and that’s how they... do.

As such, my experience  is that polygamy amongst Muslims are stereotypically both true and untrue at the same time. 

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Apologize for being blunt. I am miffed with AIMPLB  and referring to the AIMPLB folks only and not to the Muslim samuday in 'In logon ki'. I know that they don't represent the entire community and is a political entity created by Indira Gandhi/Nehru to garner votes. As a married man, I can speak for all married men, nobody wants the headache of managing multiple sets of issues, Ek kaafi hain ek zindagi mein. 

8 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

I wanted your opinion on this matter. Living in Middle East i found the general rule to be ‘ country bumpkins & rich elite types of upper middle to elite class want multiple wives but most of the working class and lower middle class stick with one wives’.

Upon asking, a Muslim friend of mine I grew  up with, calmly told me ‘ why would you want the headache of two women fighting over u in the same house and all for what ? Just more ‘poon’? Upon which I was in agreements ( yeah no ****. Most women are monogamous minded, there is no changing that, very few Muslim women do backflips upon realizing that the dude wants another wife/already has one. Females are females and that’s how they... do.

As such, my experience  is that polygamy amongst Muslims are stereotypically both true and untrue at the same time. 

In my experience there are two broad groups who exercise the polygamy option.

The first group comprises of migrant rural semi skilled workers  who have a wife back in the village and take a wife in the urban centre they migrate to. Most of the times the city wife is a working woman, a domestic help or doing work on those lines and is aware about what she is getting into. The rural wife generally doesn't have a say in the proceedings and most of the times ends up getting nothing except for support (in the form of food and lodging) for herself and her kids from her husbands family who she stays with.

The other group consists of opportunists/borderline criminals working in cohorts with certain kazis have weaponized the polygamy option. Like they had weaponized the triple talaq. The girls parents are coerced into parting with their money else the boy would threaten with a triple talaq. In my very brief stint at Majlis, I've seen more than 50 cases of this sort. And these are only the reported ones. And its a lifetime of blackmail for the girls parents. Now that the triple talaq has been thrown into the dustbin, the modus operandi has changed to blackmailing with bringing another wife. 

Polygamy is almost non existent among the Muslim middle class. Among the rich/elite, it was present. I don't have stats.  But now girls and their parents ensure that there are pre-nups signed which clearly state that the husband is foregoing the polygamy option. Besides, like @coffee_rules said, handling one spouse is difficult enough. 

13 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

In my opinion:

(1) Personal Laws are connected with only "ONE" person. It is not a state matter how "one" individual prays or eat. 

(2) When whenever "two" (like husband/wife) or "more" (like whole family) people are involved, then there could be no "personal law" for it. 

Government is responsible for the welfare of all the citizens, irrespective of their religion. Therefore, all the rules between two or more individuals should be made and governed by the Government. 

Multiple Partners Issue: 

I am against any personal law which tells that only men are allowed to have up to 4 wives. 

But at the same time I am not against the wish of any group of people who want to have multiple partners for each other, irrespective of their sex. I am hoping that any Western Country legalise it first. 

16 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Afraid of a "southen"  ? 

As for the article from  Scroll you put up, the data you point to is from 1991.. The recent one cited in it is from 2006 where the percentage is 2.5% for Muslims against 1.7 for Hindus.? Just for the sake of non-obfuscation, any other source than the Scroll?

4 hours ago, diga said:

Afraid of a "southen"  ? 

As for the article from  Scroll you put up, the data you point to is from 1991.. The recent one cited in it is from 2006 where the percentage is 2.5% for Muslims against 1.7 for Hindus.? Just for the sake of non-obfuscation, any other source than the Scroll?

Southen? Spoken like a true Southern. :-D

It is soutan

Here is another article with some stats on the topic.

https://www.counterview.net/2016/09/polygamy-in-india-down-in-45-yrs.html

You are right with the numbers you state.

VHP wants a dalit priest for Ram temple in Ayodhya

In an apparent bid to send out a message that the whole Hindu society is united over the Ram Mandir issue, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Saturday demanded that a dalit priest be appointed in the proposed temple in Ayodhya. It also said that money given by the society should be used to construct the temple.

The VHP's remarks came even as the government is working on setting up a trust for the construction of the temple within the next few week as mandated by the Supreme Court.

“The VHP is preparing several dalit priests from quite some time. With the Dharmacharya Contact Department and Archak Purohit Department, the VHP is running a campaign to train Scheduled Caste to become a priest,” VHP spokesperson Vinod Bansal told news agency IANS.

The VHP has always tried to associated the dalit community with the Ram Mandir movement. It was Kameshwar Chaupal, a dalit party worker from Bihar, who laid the foundation stone for the temple in 1989.

As per the November 9 Supreme Court judgment in the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid matter, the central government has been directed to formulate a scheme with necessary provisions for the setting up of a trust with a board of trustees or any other appropriate body, the functioning of the trust, the powers of the trustees, transfer of land to the trust and all necessary, incidental and supplemental matters.

In its verdict, the Supreme Court had paved the way for the construction of a Ram temple by a trust at the disputed site at Ayodhya, and directed the Centre to allot an alternative 5-acre plot to the Sunni Waqf Board for building a new mosque at a "prominent" place in the holy town in Uttar Pradesh

The apex court had said a trust should be formed within three months for the construction of the temple at the site where many Hindus believe Lord Ram was born.

Kudos, break down all caste divisions.....historical responsibility to uplift our Dalit brethren.

Edited by Gollum