Secularism in India

ravishingravi

And these are our so called mainstream journalists. Question them in simple words on social media about their hypocrisy & get blocked.
DuEuA5sX4Ac9Mdh.thumb.jpg.e2148d3999a3d038276f2f5cbb15bc3e.jpg
Social media has caught their lies and biases and completely exposed these hypocrites.I cant believe the reverence I used to have for these jokers.
I used to read Illustrated weekly back in the 80s and I believe pritish nandy was the editors.Look at him now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Yoda-esque said:

Social media has caught their lies and biases and completely exposed these hypocrites.I cant believe the reverence I used to have for these jokers.
I used to read Illustrated weekly back in the 80s and I believe pritish nandy was the editors.Look at him now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I could relate because I too followed these clowns when I joined twitter. Raghav Bahl, Pritish Nandy, Sardesai reaching at the top  itself tells us the whole story.
When the Editors guild is being headed by Shekhar Gupta & it takes 5 years to expel a sexual assaulter like Tarun Tejpal, then God help us from those who everyday preach us lessons of liberalism, secularism & what not.

2 hours ago, Turning_track said:

And these are our so called mainstream journalists. Question them in simple words on social media about their hypocrisy & get blocked.

DuEuA5sX4Ac9Mdh.jpg

chewt$yo ki barat nahi Fauj hai India ka intellect.

Edited by mishra

13 hours ago, Turning_track said:

I could relate because I too followed these clowns when I joined twitter. Raghav Bahl, Pritish Nandy, Sardesai reaching at the top  itself tells us the whole story.
When the Editors guild is being headed by Shekhar Gupta & it takes 5 years to expel a sexual assaulter like Tarun Tejpal, then God help us from those who everyday preach us lessons of liberalism, secularism & what not.

Dear friend, do you think that such individuals exists only in the Secular community, while the whole right wing is free of them? 

What about then ban on even buffalo meat in India, but the biggest exporters are themselves from BJP? 

MJ Akbar is from BJP too. There are many of BJP leaders who were exposed during the me too movement. They too every day teach the lessons of religious morality and what not. 

I find it unfair if whole Secular movement is blamed due to the crimes of some individuals, and vice versa. We Secularists could also be good people. 

53 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

Dear friend, do you think that such individuals exists only in the Secular community, while the whole right wing is free of them? 

No, rotten apples are present in right wingers as well who give provocative statements & fan the fire. Imo those nutjobs have rightly been criticized in this forum.

What about then ban on even buffalo meat in India, but the biggest exporters are themselves from BJP?

Where's the ban on buffalo meat? Yes, in UP last year tensions were high during March-April & people associated with this industry suffered because of CM Yogi's crackdown on illegal/unlicensed slaughterhouses & meat shops, thanks to cow-vigilantes as well. But things are back to normal since then.

I dont give two hoots about the biggest exporters being from BJP or INC, I'm not a BJP supporter just a voter who picks the best among the worst.

MJ Akbar is from BJP too. There are many of BJP leaders who were exposed during the me too movement. They too every day teach the lessons of religious morality and what not. I find it unfair if whole Secular movement is blamed due to the crimes of some individuals, and vice versa. We Secularists could also be good people. 

The men who were accused in #metoo movement were associated with all walks of life, who were known to the general public. I don't know how you equated the above topic with something where our self obsessed messiahs in the Indian media change their narrative at the drop of a hat.
Our institutions have been filled with so called intellectuals inspired by Nehruvian era who love to name & shame others. Also Indians love to self loathe, so their business will never cease to operate in prime time & social circles. We need secularists like B C Roy or a commie like H S Surjit, but alas. 

Azaan from 'secular' Durga Puja at Kolkata's Beliaghata sparks outrage on social media, lawyer files plaint

azaan in durga puja pandal, Kolkata durga puja pandal plays azaan, Kolkata news, Kolkata durga puja, 33 Pally Durga Puja pandal, indian express, latest news

The complaint alleges that 10 people, including local Trinamool Congress leader Paresh Paul, intentionally tried to "disturb the peace and tranquility in the state" by playing a video of the azaan during the puja. “Playing azaan from the venue of a puja is ridiculous and is a deliberate and mischievous act to hurt the religious sentiments of Hindus,”

Parimal Dey, club secretary of Beliaghata 33 pally told the Indian Express, “We all know that in Kolkata, Durga Puja pandals are created in a way as to give a social message. Our theme is amra ek, eka noye (we are together, not alone). To demonstrate the theme, we have used models of church, temple and mosque and have used their symbols. Our purpose is to show that humanity is above all religion.”

Azaan from Durga Puja pandal, to preserve secularism :hysterical:

Harmless honestly but why this drama? Even Muslim groups are irked :hysterical:

PS: Muslims in Bengal are often involved in construction of the pandal and other decorations. Pandal design can be anything, like Pyramids, Notre-Dame or Taj Mahal. But first time seeing azaan being played there, funny scenes. 

Begum will be happy, best pandal competition jeetenge yeh log...congrats in advance !!!!!

Image result for mamata islam

Edited by Gollum