'03 vs '07 - 4 years on, do India have a better team ?

Predator_05

Re: '03 vs '07 - 4 years on, do India have a better team ? In the subcontinent it doesn't make a difference, but on slow pitches on which 250 totals are par, any run saved on the field counts big time. India have got themselves a virtual dad's army out there and a poor fielding unit can severely affect the bowlers' confidence when they are under pressure. It's not so much about ground fielding; rather i am thinking more in terms of catches - this Indian team weren't the best catchers before either, and the situation has been made all the more worse now.

Re: '03 vs '07 - 4 years on, do India have a better team ?

this Indian team weren't the best catchers before either' date=' and the situation has been made all the more worse now.[/quote'] wait a minute am i missing something here because i rate this current Indian team as one of the best catching team in the world.
@mp, that happens for brief timez only for example, when robin singh and jadeja used to play in our team or recent example when Kaif and Yuvi were both together in side... just 2 individual players doesnt make the whole team one of the best.. we have the likes of Kumble and Munaf and Ganguly and others which doesnt let this happen just like u have the likes of kaneria

Re: '03 vs '07 - 4 years on, do India have a better team ?

this Indian team weren't the best catchers before either' date=' and the situation has been made all the more worse now.[/quote'] wait a minute am i missing something here because i rate this current Indian team as one of the best catching team in the world.
Strange; 'cos most of them are crap at catching. Did you see the drops in the last match vs SL ? The only safe pair of hands are Yuvraj and Tendulkar's. Dravid spills more than he takes these days (remember the '06 ODI series vs PAK).

Re: '03 vs '07 - 4 years on, do India have a better team ? During this recent test series in SA i thought the catching was nothing short of brilliant and in the 1st 2 matches of the SL series once again the catching was outstanding... So i don't know may be i have been watching Pakistan's cr*p catching for too long that now eveb an average catching team looks brilliant to me!

Re: '03 vs '07 - 4 years on, do India have a better team ? yea a much better team, Mongia was a dissapointment. Pathan will be more handy. MS Dhoni will also be a difference maker. Hopefully Gangulys good form continues. With the emergence of Yuvraj that will be a great factor. Although still feel like Laxman should have been in there, especially as a threat to the Aussies, someone they fear. I still dont know what too say about Sehwag, he seems equal to lower order batsmen, either they score or not. So weel wait and see.

Re: '03 vs '07 - 4 years on, do India have a better team ? If bowlers do a decent job, this team might spring few surprises. Dada is in sublime form, RD is solid and dependable, SRT seems to be in good touch, Yuvi looks recovered and refreshed. Sehwag would be eager to prove a point, and Uthappa will be the hit and miss dasher, Dhoni hopefully has improved his cricketing brain.