Australian Open 2019

Number

Just now, Cricketics said:

Honestly, if Wawrinka fully fit like the one in my avtar then he cna bring back the golden 2015 days where he took Djoker apart :)

In serious manner, you need players who can attack these top guys not who are reasy ro play wrong rallys just.

Someone has to do Wawrinka on clay and just keep attacking. You might not have the weapon like Wawrinka who had best and most consistent backhand then, but you can still attack.

players go in to their shell.

Young guys like Shapovalov etc have the talent to get better on tour but they need to start attacking these top players more. Don’t just play to their reputation.

Yeah stan can but still long way to get that form back.

Don't see Shapovalov doing much in clay atm. May be Zverev. With Lendl in he can get a break through in slams.

1 minute ago, kumar713 said:

Yeah stan can but still long way to get that form back.

Don't see Shapovalov doing much in clay atm. May be Zverev. With Lendl in he can get a break through in slams.

Ya Shapo isn’t there yet I was just sharinf example of youngsters like him being a bit defensive or with no plans because players like him have the talent and the game to succeed, just need ro plan better and attack more.

This is why I like Alex Di Minaur the most. He tries to attack with his limitations tries to grind out like Hewitt.

More youngsters need to realize their potential. 

13 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Ya Shapo isn’t there yet I was just sharinf example of youngsters like him being a bit defensive or with no plans because players like him have the talent and the game to succeed, just need ro plan better and attack more.

This is why I like Alex Di Minaur the most. He tries to attack with his limitations tries to grind out like Hewitt.

More youngsters need to realize their potential. 

Alex De Minaur makes Rahane look like Mr Olympia. 

Edited by Gollum

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Lol whatever that means. I see a great future in this guy. 

Mr Olympia is the title awarded to the best male bodybuilder in the world. 

What I meant was this kid has a lanky frame and can do with some muscles....atm lacks power. 

Edited by Gollum

Just now, Gollum said:

Mr Olympia is the title awarded to the best male bodybuilder in the world. 

What I meant was this kid has a lanky frame and can do with some muscles. 

Ya he is barely 19, ya unlike other young guys like Tiafoe, he is much lean. But I feel he is too short also.

He will probably develop like Kei Nishikori and start to look more like an athelete even with short height. 

De Minaur is the same height as Wawrinka, around 5'11-6. So he's just about decent height by tennis standards. He has a decent serve as well, so serve-ROS combo is good. What he needs is muscles mass and to get bulky, and improve his fitness. That'll help a long way then just grinding and retrieving without any weapons to beat the top guns. He needs a much fitter body and the weapons will develop from there.

3 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

De Minaur is the same height as Wawrinka, around 5'11-6. So he's just about decent height by tennis standards. He has a decent serve as well, so serve-ROS combo is good. What he needs is muscles mass and to get bulky, and improve his fitness. That'll help a long way then just grinding and retrieving without any weapons to beat the top guns. He needs a much fitter body and the weapons will develop from there.

Talking about fitness, one younguy I feel who hasn’t gotten much attention and I feel is absolutely a threat is Karen Khachanov. His game is pretty solid from the basline, and attacking strokeplay puts him a contender, even ahead of Zverev and guys who struggle at slams.

i think Khachanov is in the same mould as Cilic with more weapons at a young age.

It will be interesting to follow him this year.