Who are the back-up leg spinners for Kuldeep & Chahal?

SecondSlip

9 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Had kamlesh not been injured , 3 rd seamer position was his for the taking and he would have been a member of WC19 team . He is more suited to one day format among the new kids. 

BIG LOSS for India.

Yes.    Nagarkoti can indeed be a very good ODI bowler.  He is so skiddy at express pace and at the stumps all the time that he keeps on picking a lot of wickets.   Had a dream debut season in List A in early 2018.

One area of weakness could be his lack of natural bounce  (  something which Mavi has despite being short  ).   But he can make up for it by combination of extra pace and accuracy.

Can't wait for him to get fit.

We should try to bring in both Nagarkoti and Mavi in the ODI setup after the WC is over.

Edited by express bowling
13 hours ago, rkt.india said:

chahar is a bigger spinner of the ball.

Could be . I was looking at couple of matches on Ranji this season of both . For me Mayank looked to be turning it more .

I still feel his googly breaks back more .

Can't make out how much pitch is the reason

Edited by prudent_kreeda
On 1/23/2019 at 5:08 AM, carnish said:

Markande definitely.. not sure if he has been part of any A teams yet.. he should.. also what's happening with Tambe.. I know he is massive senior but definitely on his day he can be deadly especially in T20

Markande has been average. Left arm spinner like Axar seems like a better option than him. 

1 hour ago, SecondSlip said:

BUMP! 

Looks like we can add Ravi Bishnoi to this list as well! So now we have 4 options: 

• Mayank Markande
  • Rahul Chahar 
  • Shreyas Gopal 
  • Ravi Bishnoi

@Mosher @tweaker @Suhaan @express bowling @Ankit_sharma03 

Do you boys know if there are other options out there as well who have not been named? 

Lets give these guys a proper chance atleast

Gopal shud have played t20s by now

markhande all of sudden is out of favour in A team also 

Chahar is the most gifted i feel 

9 hours ago, SecondSlip said:

BUMP! 

Looks like we can add Ravi Bishnoi to this list as well! So now we have 4 options: 

• Mayank Markande
  • Rahul Chahar 
  • Shreyas Gopal 
  • Ravi Bishnoi

@Mosher @tweaker @Suhaan @express bowling @Ankit_sharma03 

Do you boys know if there are other options out there as well who have not been named? 

Rahul Chahar is the best option IMO.

Wicket taker ... gets zip off the deck ... spin both ways ... can bat and hit big.

Bishnoi is next in line, with a similar resume but less turn with his leg spinners.

I would focus on these 2.

On 1/28/2020 at 10:54 PM, express bowling said:

Rahul Chahar is the best option IMO.

Wicket taker ... gets zip off the deck ... spin both ways ... can bat and hit big.

Bishnoi is next in line, with a similar resume but less turn with his leg spinners.

I would focus on these 2.

he is not much of a batter for long formats. seems better suited in that respect for T20s/ODIs. in place of jaddu, a proper like-for-like replacement in tests is gopal. can bat at 7 (and occasionally at 6) and play as 4th/5th bowler.

34 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

With modern odi rules, spinners are practically irrelevant unless playing on a Turner.

How are spinners able to hold their own in IPL? Let's not make this very generic. Fact is that Chahal and Kuldeep had their day in the sun and now that day is over. We need others who can fill the gap. If we don't have top quality spinners, then we should look at other aspects (such as acceptable spinners who field or bat well).